September 28, 2024, 04:01:43 PM

Author Topic: iTunes Versions of the album  (Read 23398 times)

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Versions of the album
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
So I wonder if this means that the deluxe version in stores will include the same tracks or if it will be different from the Itunes version.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »
I'm with STPGurl. These songs are great and i am curious if they have done something new to them.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »
I'm actually really excited about this. About a Fool is my favorite STP song that hasn't been released (yes, even over Only Dying)

I'd really like to hear it with a new recording -- with less production hopefully-- and this could mean we have a (slight) chance of it being played live.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
STP always sucked when it comes down to b-sides/bonus tracks. For some reason they aren't into the whole 'b-sides thing' like for example Pearl Jam or RHCP are. Tho, i'll take what i can, it would be nice to have 2 completly new songs rather than 2 i've already heard before. At least they aren't live bonus tracks.. no wait...

(edit: and by "sucked" don't take it the wrong way, just compared to other bands; see above)

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
I'd like 'unheard' new songs much as the next person, but these gems being released in mastered quality will be gold. Though, I wish one of them was "You Can't Drive Me Away".
My only exit is a one way out...

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
Yea, I'm going to wait to see if all these features are the same as the deluxe edition or the Target CD/DVD combo....awe who am I kidding?  I'll probably get them all anyway.  I know I'll be getting the vinyl even though I don't have a record player.  ;D
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »
Those two songs are great, but come on, this is a cop out for bonus material.  They are essentially SLDD outtakes and should have been released as a bonus for that album if anything.  I'm grateful that they were gracious enough to leak them to the fan community as they did, but the songs will seem out of place compared to the sonic blueprint of the rest of the album judging from what we've heard already.

VR did a great job releasing b-sides and covers - I would even love to hear some more STP covers along the lines of "Revolution," which was amazing.  Weiland also played a bunch of covers for the solo shows, and released a double album with essentially a whole discs worth of bonus material - I wonder if it's the rest of the band or maybe Atlantic that's giving us half rate bonus tracks?  Either way, I'm hoping these tracks are for digital download only, and we'll get some real b-sides for the hard copy bonus tracks (very wishful thinking - I have a feeling it will be the live tracks).

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »
question, so are the target cd/dvd the same as the preorder one from stp.com?
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Piece_of_Pie

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:22 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"

Yeah so which edition has the 2 bonus tracks plus the 3 live tracks? Or are the tracks dispersed among several versions?

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »
Quote from: "DumbLove"
Those two songs are great, but come on, this is a cop out for bonus material.  They are essentially SLDD outtakes and should have been released as a bonus for that album if anything.  I'm grateful that they were gracious enough to leak them to the fan community as they did, but the songs will seem out of place compared to the sonic blueprint of the rest of the album judging from what we've heard already.

VR did a great job releasing b-sides and covers - I would even love to hear some more STP covers along the lines of "Revolution," which was amazing.  Weiland also played a bunch of covers for the solo shows, and released a double album with essentially a whole discs worth of bonus material - I wonder if it's the rest of the band or maybe Atlantic that's giving us half rate bonus tracks?  Either way, I'm hoping these tracks are for digital download only, and we'll get some real b-sides for the hard copy bonus tracks (very wishful thinking - I have a feeling it will be the live tracks).

Well said. I agree 100% with every word of this post....
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 08:29:16 PM »
Quote from: "Piece_of_Pie"
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"

Yeah so which edition has the 2 bonus tracks plus the 3 live tracks? Or are the tracks dispersed among several versions?

To answer Silvergun Picture Show's question: No, there is no CD/DVD combo on STP's official site for sale. It's a Target exclusive. We don't know yet if that edition has bonus tracks or not.

Piece of Pie: The iTunes special edition preorder comes with the 2 bonus tracks & the live ones.
Bleeda blooda

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
For fuck's sake guys, I can't believe how unappreciative we have become as a society in general.  STP is giving us a new album, new tour, new promotions, dvd extras, television appearances, etc. and you get pissed b/c two of the revealed b-sides are GREAT songs that you have only heard a shitty demo of?  Come on.

I am beyond thrilled with the news that we are getting what will certainly be newly recorded, produced, and mastered renditions of About a Fool and Samba Nova.  Look, these are songs STP wanted on SLDD, but management balked, then demo versions were released 3 years later once the band broke up.  I don't even believe the band leaked them.  From what I remember, a guy named Erik (who received them during the Family Values Tour) handed them over to Rik.  

We also know these songs were very dear to Robert, and maybe he just wants to make sure they get a proper release.  Quit acting like STP is giving you a raw deal.

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
Ok...so someone help me keep this straight...

Copies to purchase:

1.  Vinyl
2.  Deluxe pre-sale from STP.COM that contains 2 bonus songs
3.  Target version w/ DVD
4.  iTunes

Am I missing anything or overlap anything?
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 09:01:21 PM »
This is information overload that I like.  And for those negative folks, are you ever happy?? Thats all im going to say cuz oldleadbelly coverd it all.

Bring it all on.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"
Ok...so someone help me keep this straight...

Copies to purchase:

1.  Vinyl
2.  Deluxe pre-sale from STP.COM that contains 2 bonus songs
3.  Target version w/ DVD
4.  iTunes

Am I missing anything or overlap anything?

Don't forget the plain old regular version. LOL
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'