September 28, 2024, 10:31:20 PM

Author Topic: iTunes Versions of the album  (Read 23409 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Versions of the album
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Quote from: "DumbLove"
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Anyone else here think the deluxe edition hard copy, whether it be from stp.com or Target, Best Buy, etc. will be exactly the same?  I know you get the bonus track with iTunes pre-order, but I find it hard to imagine that there will be 5 different editions depending on retailer.  Can't think of any recent releases from other bands where this has been the case unless anyone has any examples?

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist

Ahh, how did they handle that?  Were there drastically different bonus materials at each outlet?  Tarantula was so bad, I couldn't bring myself to even download that album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_ ... kins_album)

scroll down for the listings of 'Alternate Versions'.  It's quite crazy :)

Just as an aside, I don't believe STP will be following this path but I suppose it's possible.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 08:58:02 PM »
Anyone else here think the deluxe edition hard copy, whether it be from stp.com or Target, Best Buy, etc. will be exactly the same?  I know you get the bonus track with iTunes pre-order, but I find it hard to imagine that there will be 5 different editions depending on retailer.  Can't think of any recent releases from other bands where this has been the case unless anyone has any examples?

Ahh, how did they handle that?  Were there drastically different bonus materials at each outlet?  Tarantula was so bad, I couldn't bring myself to even download that album.

Just on a Smashing Pumpkins note:

I'm a big Pumpkins fan and I hated Zeitgeist when it came out, but I recently gave it a chance and it's really good. Give it another chance and check out "Bleeding the Orchid" & "That's The Way (My Love Is)". They're pretty good songs. Plus, the new Pumpkins' stuff makes Zeitgeist look like Mellon Collie.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 09:58:19 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"

Just on a Smashing Pumpkins note:

I'm a big Pumpkins fan and I hated Zeitgeist when it came out, but I recently gave it a chance and it's really good. Give it another chance and check out "Bleeding the Orchid" & "That's The Way (My Love Is)". They're pretty good songs. Plus, the new Pumpkins' stuff makes Zeitgeist look like Mellon Collie.

Wow, had no idea there were so many versions of Zeitgeist out there.

As for being a fan, I was in the same boat - Siamese Dream is one the best albums of the 90's, but Billy Corgan seems to have gone off the deep end lately.  His ego is out of control, and he's always blaming the music industry, the audience, or "evil" James Iha for his current lack of success when maybe it's just that the music sucks.  Plus, his solo album was not too impressive.

But thanks for the heads up - I may check out the Zeitgeist out of curiosity, to occupy some time until May25th.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »
Okay I am SO confused right now about which version of this album to buy!

I thought the 'Deluxe Edition' would include BOTH 'Samba Nova' and 'About A Fool' but it appears not according to Amazon:

Deluxe edition will contain 4 bonus tracks:
-Samba Nova (Bonus Track)
-Vasoline (Live from Chicago)
-Hickory Dichotomy (Live from Chicago)
-Between the Lines (Live from Chicago)

Includes a 12 page booklet and an 18 panel poster plus gold foil added to the cover art.

Since those tracks are just tagged on the end of the CD can we assume that the 'Deluxe' version is different to the one on STP's site that includes a bonus CD with 2 (unknown) extra tracks?? The main reason i'm asking all this is because I want both 'About A Fool' and 'Samba Nova' on CD as i'm sure most of you do, it looks like this may not be possible though unless the 2 track bonus disc on STP's site has them on. My guess right now is that 'About A Fool' will be an ITunes exclusive which means we may never own it on a physical CD  >:(

Living in the UK I may end up just getting the regular CD unless these other versions turn up on ebay because the price after shipping is horrendous. Play.com are offering the regular CD with an excluxive limited edition slipcase so that might be my best bet for now...
Sorry for the long post, if anyone has any more info on all thse releases please post!

*EDIT* Just checked HMV's UK site, they are offering an exclusive STP sticker with it, lol!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2010, 12:22:15 AM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"

Since those tracks are just tagged on the end of the CD can we assume that the 'Deluxe' version is different to the one on STP's site that includes a bonus CD with 2 (unknown) extra tracks?? The main reason i'm asking all this is because I want both 'About A Fool' and 'Samba Nova' on CD as i'm sure most of you do, it looks like this may not be possible though unless the 2 track bonus disc on STP's site has them on. My guess right now is that 'About A Fool' will be an ITunes exclusive which means we may never own it on a physical CD  >:(

Living in the UK I may end up just getting the regular CD unless these other versions turn up on ebay because the price after shipping is horrendous. Play.com are offering the regular CD with an excluxive limited edition slipcase so that might be my best bet for now...
Sorry for the long post, if anyone has any more info on all thse releases please post!

*EDIT* Just checked HMV's UK site, they are offering an exclusive STP sticker with it, lol!

I have the same issue, as I HAVE to import it I must know exactly what to buy. Plus a couple of extra dollars are not just a couple for me, so all of this is a pain in the ass.

I think I'll go with Amazon deluxe edition, and the one from the site but after figure out which are the extra songs (I can't take the tee, so no need to pre-order, the price is over 25 so the shipment is even more expensive, I'd pay like 54 dollars). Still don't know what to do with iTunes I DO want about a fool and the interview, but I don't wanna buy a digital record, I don't like it  :-
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2010, 01:28:14 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
Quote from: "CagedTiger"

I have the same issue, as I HAVE to import it I must know exactly what to buy. Plus a couple of extra dollars are not just a couple for me, so all of this is a pain in the ass.

I think I'll go with Amazon deluxe edition, and the one from the site but after figure out which are the extra songs (I can't take the tee, so no need to pre-order, the price is over 25 so the shipment is even more expensive, I'd pay like 54 dollars). Still don't know what to do with iTunes I DO want about a fool and the interview, but I don't wanna buy a digital record, I don't like it  :-

Wow, really? $54??!! The deluxe edition on Amazon UK and the bonus CD version on STP's site would cost me £22 ($35) with shipping, that is still a lot though when you consider the regular version is only like £9 with shipping ($13). I think i'm gonna get the regular one ordered then scour ebay in the months after release to see if I can get one of these fancy deluxe versions at a reasonable price, I really don't care for live songs as extras but I really want to own 'Samba Nova' (and hopefully 'About A Foo'l) on a physical CD and the extra artwork would be cool too.  From what i've read here it would seem the ITunes version is indeed the best for extras containing both unreleased songs, live songs, a 30 min interview and the BTL video but I don't want to own it in digital format either...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Wingless Bird

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2010, 01:47:03 PM »
I don't know if this helps clear anything up, but hey it just might help :P. A deluxe version of the record containing expanded artwork and two bonus tracks will also be available (i think this one is at HMV), while Target will offer a CD/DVD version of the set with exclusive interview content. Walmart, meanwhile, will air an exclusive STP performance in stores and on its Soundcheck web sit.

lowlight10

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »
where is this Target CD/DVD?  Their website does not show anything with a DVD:

http://www.target.com/s/192-4930637-304 ... archPage=1

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
i've been trying to find out about this DVD as well. guess i'll have to go to target before work Tuesday morning and see whats up.

lowlight10

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
Quote from: "sbuxreg"
i've been trying to find out about this DVD as well. guess i'll have to go to target before work Tuesday morning and see whats up.

ok, glad I'm not the only one.  you would the band would want to clarify what is available where for their fans, but I guess the more confused fans are, the more likely they are to buy multiple copie$.

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
As much as it sucks, I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to go to Target until after work... But the good thing is that gives me time to sit here and read about what people figure out about these possible different deluxe editions so I can save time investigating myself! So thanks for that in advance.  ;)

I did, however, pre-order the album on iTunes since it comes with all of the extra stuff. As much as I hate downloading stuff (and generally refuse to do it for my favorite bands), I'll do it for the extras and still pick up a physical copy of the album.
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »
Does anyone if the LP is available at all in stores?

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
Does anyone if the LP is available at all in stores?

I would think it'd be a pretty limited release. Best Buy is probably your best bet.
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Versions of the album..>Target?
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2010, 11:04:28 PM »
So, did the Target version come with the extra stuff or no?

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2010, 11:16:47 PM »
I cant find where to buy the expanded version can somebody point me in the right direction, I want the actual CD not iTunes version.