September 19, 2024, 06:40:55 PM

Author Topic: best time ever to be a STP Motherfing fan!  (Read 4804 times)

jayjay9979

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
best time ever to be a STP Motherfing fan!
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:47:33 AM »
So here we are, april 3rd 2010. 8 or 9 years since the heartbreaking breakup of one of the best ROCK n ROLL bands of our lifetime. Many of us thought we would never be here  on this website ever again searching for setlists and the latest news about our beloved musical geniuses, but you know what? Here we are motherfuckers! (The famous words from our very own fucked up rock n roll star! mr. weiland). I love it! Scott wouldn't be scott if he wasn't messed up on stage following in the footsteps of his predecessors/idols  aka Jom Morrison, Bowie etc....I think things are great, I think its scott playing up the wasted druggie card for more attention for the band and the past couple bad concerts were more of a technical problem than anything else.  Granted scotts state of mind might not have helped the situation a little bit but oh well what are you going to do?  He's the only true rock star left in the world of music.
Now that that is off my chest we have the best ever month of STP music ever coming up.  There has never been an album from our boys that has been promoted like this one is going to be. I think that is what settled the atlantic problem. STP wanted atlantic to push this album like never before and everyone at the record company listened to the album and loved it and wanted to jump on the bandwagon and go! I think this is going to be the best yet! I soooo can't wait!  Life is better than ever to be an STP fan so why in the hell don't we live it up instead of complaining about every little fuck up that we see on youtube. Hope everyone had a great time at the concerts the past month with many more to come! Take it and run with it boys! its all yours!

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: best time ever to be a STP Motherfing fan!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:34:52 AM »
Quote from: "jayjay9979"
Scott wouldn't be scott if he wasn't messed up on stage following in the footsteps of his predecessors/idols  aka Jom Morrison, Bowie etc....I think things are great, I think its scott playing up the wasted druggie card for more attention for the band

Come on now

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
I pretty much agree with you, although I wish Scott would cut out the drinking.  And like you, I have a theory that Scott is just kind of playing up this whole reckless behavior to increase the hype and interest in the band.  The first time around, Scott had that court case, and for the solo album he was addicted to that nasal spray.  I would still rather he drink instead of doing worse stuff, but alcohol is pretty bad too.    My prediction is that he will eventually get it together like he always does.  And yes we are lucky to have STP right now.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »
Quote from: "Casual"
I pretty much agree with you, although I wish Scott would cut out the drinking.  And like you, I have a theory that Scott is just kind of playing up this whole reckless behavior to increase the hype and interest in the band.  The first time around, Scott had that court case, and for the solo album he was addicted to that nasal spray.  I would still rather he drink instead of doing worse stuff, but alcohol is pretty bad too.    My prediction is that he will eventually get it together like he always does.  And yes we are lucky to have STP right now.

Hahaha, I don't think ANYBODY would use an addiction to nasal spray as leverage to promote their new album.

He'll get it together because he's Scott motherfucking Weiland, and he always does, but to me it's sad to see him messed up.
Bleeda blooda

jayjay9979

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 04:11:17 AM »
Okay now, don't get me wrong. I want scott to be healthy and I do think that concerts are better when he is soberer (is that a word?) But come on people, a person with his history and medical problems its not going to be pretty for a little while, probably not until he gets out of the music/touring business. I hope him the best! please believe me! but you and I know he is going to do with himself what he has to do to get up on that stage and perform for us and some nights are probably going to be good and some nights might have a couple problems. But I know that we are going to get the best scott that he can give that night. That's the way he is.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 04:34:35 AM »
I have to agree.  Scott will be Scott.  But Scott has always been Scott.  It's not all that bad.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
Quote from: "Casual"
I pretty much agree with you, although I wish Scott would cut out the drinking.  And like you, I have a theory that Scott is just kind of playing up this whole reckless behavior to increase the hype and interest in the band.  

I disagree, the reckless behaviour is what stalled their careers in the first place. It might grab headlines, but the old adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity is simply not true. The public doesn't like it and doesn't respect it, and neither does the record company. You go around acting like a fucked up asshole and the public stops buying your records and the label stops promoting them.

If Scott's doing it on purpose then he's a fucking idiot, and I don't think he's a fucking idiot.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
I just wish that the damn thing would leak!!! I'm more anxious to hear this one than any previous STP album. The band has done a huge ammount of various side bands and such since the last release...and that get's me curious as to what this album will sound like. I think that 'Between The Lines' is a great single and it's obvious that many others do as well due to how well it is charting. Yes...it is a wonderful time for STP fans! I don't, and never will, count on the band to stick together for long periods of time...but, when they release something i am ALWAYS pleased of the outcome.

LEAK!!!!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

clyde frog

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 10:21:19 PM »
how does one become addicted to nasal spray? Jesus...only Scott! guy could get hooked on mothballs if they rubbed him just right. ::)
some dads are not your dad

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »
Quote from: "clyde frog"
how does one become addicted to nasal spray? Jesus...only Scott! guy could get hooked on mothballs if they rubbed him just right. ::)

http://askville.amazon.com/Afrin-addict ... tId=542062
Bleeda blooda

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"
I'm more anxious to hear this one than any previous STP album.

Me too! I really like "Between the Lines", it was a perfect pick for the first single and I love Rob's bassline throughout the song. I can tell that this album will have a lot of Aerosmith and The Beatles influence in it which is awesome!

Yes right now it's a great time to be an STP fan. :)

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 02:54:25 AM »
I've been an STP fan for years now.  I was an STP fan before I even knew who STP was!  My mom listened to so much STP when I was younger, that I feel like I was conditioned to love them.  But, now I'm 18 and I can agree, I have never been more excited to be an STP fan.  Ever.   O0
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.