October 01, 2024, 08:33:01 AM

Author Topic: 2010-05-26 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live!  (Read 25069 times)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Hickory Dichotomy on Kimmel - wtf! The night before too.
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Hmm ... but why for SPIN

I guess I missed soemthing, where does SPIN come from?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-26 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2010, 11:42:53 PM »
Maybe you missed the Spin article that probably wasn't exactly what the band was expecting. There is a link to it in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5951. It is an interesting read.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2010, 02:36:51 AM »
Ok.. def sounded like he was sayin SPIN... also.. i was at the show and they sounded, truly, amazing. I would be critical if they didn't ... but scott and the boys it was mixed perfect when we saw them live - just saw the DVR'd 5.1 mix of it - soudned really awful Vocals and guitars were almost low/missing at some points... terrible mix, damn shame.
My only exit is a one way out...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
I didnt think the spin article was bad...
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hickory Dichotomy on Kimmel - wtf! The night before too.
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2010, 03:01:28 AM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"
Also, does anyone seriously think that legendary House Of Blues and Storytellers shows weren't edited? C'mon.

I don't think so.  At that time, Scott was sounding great, if human, on shows that were not live on unedited, such as Kilborn, the Tonight Show, and TRL.

When you're sober, you sound good.  Cornell got sober, stopped smoking, and he's hitting notes that he hasn't hit in years.  Scott is using drugs (alcohol IS a drug, so I don't get the distinction, and possibly pills), still smokes, and doesn't sound that great most of the time.  Yet he did when sober (and with 9 less years of smoking on his vocal chords).

Also, the only way HD becomes a hit is if they do the marketing with True Blood perfectly.  It's not as strong as almost any single I can remember from them (though the chorus is kinda catchy).

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2010, 03:11:17 AM »
1. weiland really needs to stop doing that stupid left arm and hand maneuver that he's been doing live since stp regrouped. it's dumb.

2. the only good thing about hickory dichotomy is the chorus. weiland more or less ruins the song with the way he "sings" the verses.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:52:56 AM by Ivy »

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2010, 03:50:51 AM »
I love the verses!!  I love them more LIVE  they get more personality.. is it a hickory hypothesis or a one man showwww? it almost sounds like he is singing in a condescending tone... this is one of my FAV tracks on the cd!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2010, 05:11:41 AM »
Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
1. weiland really needs to stop doing that stupid left arm and hand maneuver that he's been doing live since stp regrouped. it's dumb.

2. the only good thing about hickory dichotomy is the chorus. weiland more or less ruins the song with the way he "sings" the verses.

unbelievable lame post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   go to another band's forum and find a better singer especially one that tours this much. Please tell me a band and a singer that writes and sings better songs. and appreciates his fans.As for the left hand thing.....do some homework and watch some vr videos like new orleans 04 or santiago chili 07.
  H.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »

He's emulating Mick Jagger.........not my favorite move, but I like the homage.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »
Quote from: "moya moya"
Maybe you missed the Spin article that probably wasn't exactly what the band was expecting. There is a link to it in this thread http://www.belowempty.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=5951. It is an interesting read.

No, I've read that, but thanks. STPHEAD made it more clear to me, seems Scott switched lyrics on HD, I'll have hear it again
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
no way hickory should be the next single.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
This footage from Gramercy Theatre . I just wanna say the band and Scott don't get any better than this. They are tight as hell. I keep watching and watching the entire concert footage and everyday they keep giving me gooooosebumps.
  THE BOYS ARE ON and THE BOYS ARE BACK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the next single is coming from the group of song that they are playing live. It has to be Huckleberry. #1 just because it has a radio rock beat and fits the time frame as well. #2 This song has the rock vibe that regular working class people will get into while at work or in their car ,etc.  eg. Three chord rocknroll cities like Detroit will eat it up and gain tonnes of airtime.
  Back to another viewing of "The Gramercy Theatre".......great to see Scott back into the norm unlike the March tour and now he's one with the band again toooooooo

HawklOviNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »
Quote from: "hawk900"

unbelievable lame post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   go to another band's forum and find a better singer especially one that tours this much. Please tell me a band and a singer that writes and sings better songs. and appreciates his fans.As for the left hand thing.....do some homework and watch some vr videos like new orleans 04 or santiago chili 07.
  H.

He didn't say that he didn't love Weiland as a singer, or that there are better bands, or that Scot Weiland doesn't appreciate his fans.  Where did any of that come from?  What does any of that have to do with anything?  All he/she said was they didn't like Weiland's vocals, on the verses, of one song.  Jesus Christ.

david_magno

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"

He's emulating Mick Jagger.........not my favorite move, but I like the homage.

I agree.  I'm generally not a fan of Scott's stage moves.  but I like the music.
and that's more important.

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2010, 11:32:14 PM »
i love when scott dances like mick jagger. check out this video at about 4:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM5b5A2ucsI i absolutely loved his vocals and dancing for this, i was laughing my ass of in the crowd watching, its probably my favorite performance of big bang baby