September 20, 2024, 02:34:19 AM

Author Topic: 2010-05-19 - New York, NY - Late Show with David Letterman  (Read 20823 times)

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
Re: 2010-05-19 - New York, NY - Late Show with David Letterm
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eHNHGAw0Ec

Full HD from Letterman's official YouTube page!

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »
Yeah I'm with the others. Forget the nitpicking! Last nights performance was decent. It's live so if his voice is off a tad, no worries. The whole band looked solid and healthy. I feel like it's their rebirth and they could go another couple of albums. Watching STP perform BTL's last night brought back memories on how they first came on Letterman back in 93 and did Wicked Garden. It was nice that they came back to the place they first made their TV appearance. Very symbolic I think. I thought it would have been funny if Letterman said "Brace yourselves" like he did back in 93. So many great Letterman memories like when they did Vasoline, Unglued, Big Bang Baby, Lady Picture Show, Barbarella, Sour Girl and now Between the Lines. Not sure if I left out any other STP, Weiland performances on Letterman there. But last night definitely left me some wonderful thoughts on the band throughout their career. Solid show last night!! Gold ol STP of is back and better than ever fully charged and ready to go!

O0

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
I just watched the full HD on you tube and it was a very solid performance. I still think it was great!!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
Quote from: "Sharkey"
Ok, I'm gonna have to rewind to be sure, but did anyone else hear Scott say "really like tits"?

Maybe it's just the Wild Turkey kicking my ass.

I thought the exact same thing!

Then I had a ButtHead moment- "Huh huh, he said 'tits'"

Overall it was a solid perfomance.  Welcome back to Late Night, STP.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:25:42 PM by Suffer_Long »
Sin make me strong.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »
Yeah I was shocked at the negative comments immediately after the show. I'm not gonna say anything anymore cause I just get pissed off listening to idiots whine about a 2second feedback when Scott went to close to the front and backed it off quick. No.1 this band plays as loud as they can where ever they are. No.2 feedback is cool if you can control it which he did.
 They all looked great and scott was flickin his left hand in and out so he was into it and finally I'm uploading a killer HD version mp4 8000kb/s 1920 x 1080 to the downloads video section.     Check soon!!!!!!!
hawk lovin every second of it..........

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
I just watched it again (thanks for the HD upload!), this time with earbuds - sounds even better, lots more ballsy. Eric's drums really are bangin' in this version.  8)  It's so cool to see them back in the spotlight!

Did anyone else notice Scott pick up his maracas at 2:20? He loves playing with those things, even when no one can even hear them!  :D

mjedryk

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2010, 06:32:17 PM »
Quote from: "detomaso"
Did anyone else notice Scott pick up his maracas at 2:20? He loves playing with those things, even when no one can even hear them!  :D

Yeah, noticed that, I think he could play on it a little bit longer because it gave out a great sound, even if hard to notice  :)

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Yeah I was shocked at the negative comments immediately after the show. I'm not gonna say anything anymore cause I just get pissed off listening to idiots whine

You know what's worse than people making a few "nitpics"? Other people overreacting to the "nitpics" and calling their fellow forum members idiots.   :(  It's as if we accused STP of strangling puppies or something.  

There wasn't a single person in this thread who said that STP sucks, or was horrible last night. People mentioned that the sound and/or vocals could have been a little better, but EVERYONE was happy that the band was showcased last night.  :)

Chill out folks, geez.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
Yes!  

Everyone in the downward dog position and deep breathes
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2010, 06:49:22 PM »
Check it peeps!!!!!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6007

hawk.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »
Quote from: "detomaso"
Quote from: "hawk900"
Yeah I was shocked at the negative comments immediately after the show. I'm not gonna say anything anymore cause I just get pissed off listening to idiots whine

You know what's worse than people making a few "nitpics"? Other people overreacting to the "nitpics" and calling their fellow forum members idiots.   :(  It's as if we accused STP of strangling puppies or something.  

There wasn't a single person in this thread who said that STP sucks, or was horrible last night. People mentioned that the sound and/or vocals could have been a little better, but EVERYONE was happy that the band was showcased last night.  :)

Chill out folks, geez.

+1.  Just because we're able to see that something wasn't perfect doesnt mean we're any less happy that STP performed last night.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »
I thought rock wasnt about perfection anyways.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
I have a fabulous idea.
Why don't we just go back to the old days when groups used to lipsynched to their records.

Then all you'd have to talk about is their clothes.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »
I loved the performance.

Scott came in a little off key for the very opening, but caught himself right away and the rest was near perfect. I think he's just not used to singing it a half-step down (or however much lower they are playing it)

My biggest problem is with Letterman's sound guys, they just don't know how to mix it perfectly. Dean's guitar seemed a little low in the mix IMO.

Over all, it's deffinitely Scott's best televised performance since the end of Velvet Revolver. Great to have the boys back to pretty much full strength.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »
It was really just me that was negative, the playback was much much better than the original I saw but I will say again whn I watched it the first time I watched in almost horror...
maybe I was tired, maybe my tv was broken because the playback was much much better
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫