September 20, 2024, 05:15:48 AM

Author Topic: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Howard Stern Radio Show  (Read 15029 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Howard Stern Radio Show
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Quote from: "johnlatham"
On the show thursday, Robert Downey Jr. was being interviewed and talked about showering with Weiland when they were in jail together. lol!
why does that sound like the movie airplane??

"Joey, have you ever been in a Men's lockeroom?"
lol
Peebs picked a hell of a time to quit taking amphetamines.
adhesive love

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »
and sniffing glue....

(yes, tuesday.....bring glue....)  ;D
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

hurtstotalktoyou

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 04:03:30 PM »
On the show thursday, Robert Downey Jr. was being interviewed and talked about showering with Weiland when they were in jail together. lol!

Heh, small world.  I wonder if that's true or just an urban legend.  It would be odd if it were.
my trading list[/url]
[url=http://comebac

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
Quote from: "hurtstotalktoyou"

Heh, small world.  I wonder if that's true or just an urban legend.  It would be odd if it were.
I actually remember Scott talking about showering with Downey Jr.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 05:23:22 PM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"

I remember Scott saying something about Downey always dropping the soap... Butterfingers they called him

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"

Yep Howard asked Scott about that after Scott got out of jail.  Howard asked Scott who had the bigger penis.  Scott said, "Uh...it's a tie."  

lol

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Can't wait for this, big fan of Howard Stern.  Like I've been saying since 2008, Howard will dig through the bullshit and find out what's really going on with the band.

So true!

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
I can't stand Howard Stern, all he'll do is ask them about their pricks and how much sex they have.  Things I'm sure all their fans want to hear about

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »
Bumping this thread since they are on tomorrow.  Can anyone record it?

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
Quote from: "ralphtheman23"
I can't stand Howard Stern, all he'll do is ask them about their pricks and how much sex they have.  Things I'm sure all their fans want to hear about

This made me laugh.
Take it.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 03:31:44 AM »
what time will this come on?
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Silverman Supergun

• Thetan level 7
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 04:08:30 AM »
Should be on between 7-9 a.m. during rush hour to maximize listeners for commercial breaks before and after STP appearance.   Howard 100 will re-run the show all day if you miss the morning.  Howard 101 is the west coast feed(just the show started three hours later for the west coast).

Looking for a Howard fan site for more info and opinions?  Sternfannetwork.com, go to the Howard forum.  The threads will surface.  Enjoy.

Marksfriggin.com gives detailed written recaps of every show if you can't listen.  Guy who runs the site is a Stern nut.

Howardstern.com will have some info and pictures afterward.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time they were on they were releasing Revolution as a single for 9/11 families.  And Howard played Wonderful at the end of the interview.
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes cause I walked too softly.  But in my defense, he was a Macho Pendejo.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
No one heard this?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

cagedtiger1640

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
heard it.  No acoustic performance they just played clips of BTL and Hickory.  Howard talked to Scott most of the time.  The usual questions.  Scott seemed a little defensive at times and stuttered a lot but in the end Howard and Scott respect each other and the interview ended on a positive note.  Dean and Rob as usual were always throwing in joking comments and making light of the situtaion.  Sorry for the lame review but I figured I would at least respond since I heard the interview.  Also something of note to mention was that howard announced that STP will be on tour in the states in August.  Something we all kind of know I guess we are just waiting for the dates.

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
Ok, the quotes below are paraphrasing, but you will get the gist.

I heard most of the interview (i think)... When I got in the car, Howard was playing BTL and then HD... Howard was really digging HD, saying "this should be your single" and " i know what Im talking about, this song would be huge"... Scott then chimed in that BTL has been #1 for 7 weeks, and Howard said "Don't listen to me, what do I know?"

They then talked about what it takes to keep the band together. They talked a little about having the same band psychiatrist as Metallica at one point, at that it was a complete waste of $ ($30k was mentioned).

Jimmy Kimmel was sitting in on the show today (He and Howard are personal friends)... At one point Jimmy asked Scott "As a recovering addict, don't you think those recovering should stay away from drinking"...
Scott answered "not me, I can drink and still stay away from dope"...Scott went on about 7.5 years off of H, and then talked about his 3 mo bender on Coke a few years back... Scott said that he both drinks socially and sometimes gets hammered.

Jimmy & Howard asked the band if Scott should stop drinking... At first they didnt answer... They were asked again... I think it was Robert who said, "Scott can do whatever he wants to do..." Scott then joked that this wasnt the Mormon Tabernacle choir...

A little bit latter someone chimed in that Scott probably shouldnt drink, but it was all kinda tongue-in-check by that point...

Howard went on to tell the boys that they need to stick together. That this band is magical, and that they need to do whatever it takes to ride it out. Howard truly likes their music. He said he cant wait to listen to the album at home, and that he plans on playing it on his show. He was speaking directly to Scott and kept telling him to make sure this band doesn't break up.

He then asked Scott why it is that he listens to the things that Howard has said over the years. Scott respond that since the beginning, 20 years ago, Howard always showed the band true respect. He has always thought of Howard as being honest & he appreciated it.

All in all, it seemed like a very heart felt interview. Howard does like STP. He does like Scott, and he wants nothing but the best for the band.