September 21, 2024, 06:20:06 AM

Author Topic: Mighty Joe Young original memorabilia  (Read 8121 times)

Brad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Mighty Joe Young original memorabilia
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:26:40 AM »
With the excitement over new STP material, I have decided to open and look through my most prized STP collection... An original Mighty Joe Young Promo Pack and 4 track demo tape.

This package contains some great items. Multiple reviews, letters, a promo picture, MJY sticker, business card, and lyrics/credits to the songs contained in the included demo tape.

I have decided to scan and share two of these items with everyone. One being a review dated January 11, 1991. The second is a correspondence from the manager of MJY to the original recipient of this promo package. (Sorry had to take out some personal information that I didn't feel was right to expose)

Hope everyone enjoys!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Joe Young original memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:14:21 AM »
Thats awesome!!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:03:23 AM »
Wow! is the "original recipient of this promo package" your dad? man, how did it reach to your hands?! (not expecting an answer, just rhetorical) wow!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Brad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
Wow! is the "original recipient of this promo package" your dad? man, how did it reach to your hands?! (not expecting an answer, just rhetorical) wow!

From what I can gather, this package went through two different people before I acquired it, and they werent family members.

From the condition it is in, I believe it was hardly opened in the 19 years or so since it was packaged and sent out. The contents are in near mint condition with the only noticeable imperfections being a small crease in the promo photo and signs of aging in the article i posted in the first image. The demo tape as well is mint and has only been played a handful of times, I added 2 plays to the count myself.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »
All I can say is FUCKING AWESOME!  A DIRTYYYYYYY DOOGGGGGGGGG

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 06:25:29 PM »
Very cool, indeed.  Even cooler that you have the receipt/letter to back up it's official-ness.  I was unaware that anything like this was even out there waiting to be found.  I'm aware of and have [copies of] both the 4 and 11-track demos - but I never knew promotional material had even been printed prior to the "STP" name change.  I hate you.   :)   That's awesome.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Brad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Very cool, indeed.  Even cooler that you have the receipt/letter to back up it's official-ness.  I was unaware that anything like this was even out there waiting to be found.  I'm aware of and have [copies of] both the 4 and 11-track demos - but I never knew promotional material had even been printed prior to the "STP" name change.  I hate you.   :)   That's awesome.

Thanks. I really didn't think anything like this existed either until I got my hands on it. I am curious to know how many MJY promo packages like this are actually still around, but who knows. Anyway, I will be sharing more items in the coming days :)

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:03:50 PM »
Quote from: "ben444"
Thanks. I really didn't think anything like this existed either until I got my hands on it. I am curious to know how many MJY promo packages like this are actually still around, but who knows. Anyway, I will be sharing more items in the coming days :)
Wow, that is a very exciting find, Ben! You're one lucky SOB!
I don't think anyone knew that stuff existed until you got it!
And I doubt there are very many (if any) promo packs left.

Thanks for sharing!

OnlyDying73

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
post pics of the other materials!
Bad Religion - 10/18/10

ReY_LaGartO

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 07:31:24 AM »
This is the coolest thing I have ever heard, but where I can See the stuff?

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 07:55:33 AM »

Bleeda blooda

SteelCitySpin

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Flight Attendant
  • Conversations kill...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 11:00:50 PM »
With the excitement over new STP material, I have decided to open and look through my most prized STP collection... An original Mighty Joe Young Promo Pack and 4 track demo tape.

This package contains some great items. Multiple reviews, letters, a promo picture, MJY sticker, business card, and lyrics/credits to the songs contained in the included demo tape.

I have decided to scan and share two of these items with everyone. One being a review dated January 11, 1991. The second is a correspondence from the manager of MJY to the original recipient of this promo package. (Sorry had to take out some personal information that I didn't feel was right to expose)

Hope everyone enjoys!

Hi there.  These two pictures are not showing up.  Any way of reposting them?

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »

Hope everyone enjoys!

See above

SteelCitySpin

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Flight Attendant
  • Conversations kill...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 02:59:03 AM »

Hope everyone enjoys!

See above

Sorry... I wasn't sure if there were two different pictures other than those already posted.  I've been looking for some of all four members of the band when they were known as Mighty Joe Young.  I've only seen the black and white one where they're stooped down on cement looking around a corner.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 04:20:39 AM »
Sorry... I wasn't sure if there were two different pictures other than those already posted.  I've been looking for some of all four members of the band when they were known as Mighty Joe Young.  I've only seen the black and white one where they're stooped down on cement looking around a corner.
Sadly, guess that's the only one we know about (so far ;) ha!)