September 28, 2024, 11:24:03 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland on Sarah Palin  (Read 10511 times)

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland on Sarah Palin
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 10:57:05 PM »
Defending Rush by saying he was using it satrically is just stupid considering she went on Bill O'Reilly's show to slam Seth McFarlane. I'm pretty sure his whole career is built on satire. Sometimes I think hell would be having to listen to her over and over and over  ;D

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
His point about the religious right wanting to blur the line between church and state is a good one and it's something every sane American should be extremely wary of, as was his point about the Bush administration being one of the most nosy and controlling BIG governments in recent memory, in direct contradiction to the very values that the Republican party is supposed to stand for.
Exactly.
It's because the GOP allowed the Ultra Conservatives and fundamentalist Christians run amok in the party...it started with Reagan.
http://countrystudies.us/united-states/history-136.htm

The GOP really kept them at bay, using them strictly for votes and political muscle through the Regan and Bush Sr. administrations - Bush Sr. was driven far more by pragmatism than any religious convictions.  The religious nuttery (and I'm saying this as a born again Christian) really took over during W., but is burning itself out now in terms of any real political power - it ran the party of a cliff, and it still hasn't rebuilt itself.

OnlyDying73

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 08:13:55 PM »
while i dont rlly agree with everything tht scott weiland said, he has every rite to say wat he damn well pleases whether it pisses of other conservatives or not. ppl on both sides cant act like theres nobody else with an opinion
Bad Religion - 10/18/10

ReY_LaGartO

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 07:42:01 AM »
I think every man's opinion counts