September 28, 2024, 11:25:34 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland on Sarah Palin  (Read 10513 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland on Sarah Palin
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
I find it hilarious that people are posting, on the internet, rants about how Scott shouldn't post rants on the internet.

Scott's not some mystical being that's on a higher plane of existence. He was angry about something, he has a blog; so he posted a blog about it. It's what any normal person would do if they felt about it how he does.

He's not being a douche about his opinions like Bill Maher or Glenn Beck are. He's just saying what he thinks. Let him do it. It's not like some 15 year old republican is going to read it and think "Oh my God! I've been wrong about everything!"
Grab the hate and drown it out...

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:37 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
I find it hilarious that people are posting, on the internet, rants about how Scott shouldn't post rants on the internet.

Scott's not some mystical being that's on a higher plane of existence. He was angry about something, he has a blog; so he posted a blog about it. It's what any normal person would do if they felt about it how he does.

He's not being a douche about his opinions like Bill Maher or Glenn Beck are. He's just saying what he thinks. Let him do it. It's not like some 15 year old republican is going to read it and think "Oh my God! I've been wrong about everything!"

He's entitled to his opinion, as we all are.  I just think it is worth noting that the quote is not sourced; I cannot find it anywhere other than as a title of a book written by Michael Savage in 2005--before she was ever governor.

Further, I believe his facts are wrong about Bush being some representation of the evils of less government.

I just think celebrities doing stuff like this without a lot of basis in truth perpetuates many falsehoods, sadly.  I wish he would have at least looked to see if she had actually said that before he ranted about her.

And if she did, I stand corrected.

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
*sigh*

First of all, where and when did Sarah Palin say this?  I cannot find it anywhere.

She said it at the Rally in Nevada for Tea Partiers.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »
Do you have video or a transcript of the speech?  All I can find in the news and through a google search is that someone at the rally was holding a sign that said that, not that she actually said it.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 11:21:53 PM »
I liked the part "her only attraction is that of perverts and comedians" haha.  Scott really  does have a great way of putting things.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
Quote from: "Casual"
I liked the part "her only attraction is that of perverts and comedians" haha.  Scott really  does have a great way of putting things.
Scott would hit it.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »
I don't really care too much about Scott's opinion on politics but if he's bashing Sarah Palin I'm all for it.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

bruno_animallover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »
sarah palin is an idiot, and i think it's pretty cool scott did this!!
 ;D

and music, as all forms of art, can (and should) be mixed with politics or any other issues that the artist feels strong about!

thats why it's so good to hear something that was writen out of passion.
it moves you.
it's freedom.
and if it helps to make other people aware of the real problems in the world, i say cool!
lets not forget that stp and all the other bands that were called "grunge" in the 90's were very political in their lyrics/ songs, tearing the 80's nonsense of stupid and vain lyrics about girls in bikinis, and guys in leather jackets apart.

and before anyone says anything about other art forms, just think Picasso's "Guernica".
it´s art and a strong statement!

anyway, that just what i think!
freedom is a gift!
especially the freedom to think and speak your mind!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 01:27:08 AM »
I love that he publicly commented on this.. it makes me love him more lol
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 03:19:57 AM »
Fuck that as people we should all start a fuckin revolution! set the night on FIREEE!!  >:D
If you only knew..

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
Dunno about amazing, but Obama is doing OK. He's too centrist for my liking, not left wing enough.

The point is though, that Sarah Palin is a fucking jackass, a dense idiot, and so are those that hang on her every word. She would have been a trainwreck for America, she's a dishonest, sensationalist partisan hack, fuck her. Scott is quite right to criticise her for this ridiculous statement.

It's only one of countless dumbfuck things that have come out of her stupid mouth anyway, it's not like you have to go far to find the next idiotic load of bullshit she's spouting.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »
Quote from: "Pingfah"
Dunno about amazing, but Obama is doing OK. He's too centrist for my liking, not left wing enough.

The point is though, that Sarah Palin is a fucking jackass, a dense idiot, and so are those that hang on her every word. She would have been a trainwreck for America, she's a dishonest, sensationalist partisan hack, fuck her. Scott is quite right to criticise her for this ridiculous statement.

It's only one of countless dumbfuck things that have come out of her stupid mouth anyway, it's not like you have to go far to find the next idiotic load of bullshit she's spouting.

Agree with literally everything you said. The fact Sarah Palin got anywhere near the White House shows what little credibility and sanity the Republican Party has left.

Can't disagree with anything Weiland said here
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
You know something? I'm like 99% sure that Sarah Palin didn't say that. She's got a son that was born with downs syndrome and gets all uppity when somebody says retard.

As horrible as she is, I don't think she would say that.
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 12:29:40 PM »
^ I can't actually find her transcribed anywhere as having said it. I'm not sure where Scott got it from.

But hey, just pick one of the other equally ridiculous things we actually know she said. Death Panels anyone? His scorn is not misplaced, even if the quote is.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
You know something? I'm like 99% sure that Sarah Palin didn't say that. She's got a son that was born with downs syndrome and gets all uppity when somebody says retard.

As horrible as she is, I don't think she would say that.
according to Levi, her daughter's baby-daddy (not that he would be the most credible source) She says "retard" all the time.....
Just not in front of the cameras.
She only got "uppity" because Rahm Emanuel said it. If someone in the GOP did, trust me she wouldn't say a word
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)