September 19, 2024, 08:49:45 AM

Author Topic: Scott Is NOT old!  (Read 6211 times)

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
Scott Is NOT old!
« on: March 30, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
Ok - I know that there have been several posts about Scott and the change with his performances from the mad shirtless wonder to what he is now.  I too would like to see him become a wildman again but will be happy just to see him.

What I must admit that what I find very humourous are comments about how he has changed because he is an "old" 42.  Are you kidding me? I am going on 47 and can still rock like I did when I was 20 (maybe even better now because I can set my own curfew.. ha ha).  Remember that there were times that Scott was in amazing condition....... quite necessary for running and moving around the stage like he used to.... he can still do it if he wanted to... he did move more in Chicago when the cameras were rolling.....

Regardless of what Weiland has been through in his life, 42 is not old or ancient... and many of us don't slow down at 42..... I'm certainly not ready to call it a day!!

You are as old as you feel - Scott's body must be so preserved as a result of the chemicals that he has pushed into it that he should be a young'un 4ever.....   ;D

Anyhow, as a 47 year old rocker, I felt that I had to share my thoughts.....certainly not trying or intending to offend anyone.... love your posts and feedback.  Hope that I have much to share after the Detroit and Indy shows!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:07:50 PM by scottieslittlesoftie »

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Is NOT old!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
Old? Two words, Mick Jagger - that dude's old and he can probably outlast my 30-year old ass any day of the week. Scott's a freakin' baby in rock years. Besides I don't think you get older in rock n' roll, only more classic. :)
Karma schmarma.

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:58:38 PM »
Scott was moving around like crazy in Milwaukee too, when they were not filming.  It's just that he had his "incident" that night.  I think the reports of him slowing down are greatly exagerated.  In Milwaukee he was ALL over the stage and even went up and down stairs in back of Eric's kit early on in the show.  I really think the painkillers or whatever it was took a greater effect as the show went on and caused the screw-up's.  Point is, I don't think he's slowed down that much, especially on this tour, compared to 2008 and 2009.  He's not the madman he was in VR or back in 2000, but he's not that far behind.  All while performing with a broken heel.  I don't know how he does it.

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
Quote from: "RCLAR"
Old? Two words, Mick Jagger - that dude's old and he can probably outlast my 30-year old ass any day of the week. Scott's a freakin' baby in rock years. Besides I don't think you get older in rock n' roll, only more classic. :)

In all fairness, Mick works out and trains like a freakin machine from what I've read, especially before tours.  Probably moreso than most people in their 20's and 30's do.  Sure, Scott could do that if he wanted to, but I don't think most people have Mick's determination.  God bess him though!

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
Broken heel?  Do we really believe this?  Maybe a bad sprain or a twist... but broken?  I once got a really bad sprain and had to get a cast....... I can't see the heel being broken....

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »
Scott worked out and trained like a mad man from the No.4 era right up through the demise of VR and STP 08. He is into fitness and sports he will get back to that regimen. I am a pretty fit person and have run some marathons however a few times in my life i have fallen out of my regimen for 8 to 12 months but that doesnt mean i am old and out of shape. I always get back into it and shape up. Scott will too.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »
I have to admit I'm skeptical about the broken heel too.  I work in a foot dr's office and to break you're heel, you have to fall from a huge height and usually it requires surgery.  Bottom line, it's a tough bone to break.  Not saying that he didn't injure his foot.  You can see his fall in that one video.  Who knows.....

When I was in Milwaukee, I heard these two 18yr old girls talking about what a sexy motherfucker Scott is even though he's as old as her dad.  I was laughing to myself.

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
When I was in Milwaukee, I heard these two 18yr old girls talking about what a sexy motherfucker Scott is even though he's as old as her dad.  I was laughing to myself.

That is quite funny... all depends on where you are in the ladder of life I guess!!

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »
Ok - I know that there have been several posts about Scott and the change with his performances from the mad shirtless wonder to what he is now.  I too would like to see him become a wildman again but will be happy just to see him.

What I must admit that what I find very humourous are comments about how he has changed because he is an "old" 42.  Are you kidding me? I am going on 47 and can still rock like I did when I was 20 (maybe even better now because I can set my own curfew.. ha ha).  Remember that there were times that Scott was in amazing condition....... quite necessary for running and moving around the stage like he used to.... he can still do it if he wanted to... he did move more in Chicago when the cameras were rolling.....

Regardless of what Weiland has been through in his life, 42 is not old or ancient... and many of us don't slow down at 42..... I'm certainly not ready to call it a day!!

You are as old as you feel - Scott's body must be so preserved as a result of the chemicals that he has pushed into it that he should be a young'un 4ever.....   <!-- s;D --> ;D <!-- s;D -->

Anyhow, as a 47 year old rocker, I felt that I had to share my thoughts.....certainly not trying or intending to offend anyone.... love your posts and feedback.  Hope that I have much to share after the Detroit and Indy shows!!

to be honest

40-50 ant old at all

i think the bench mark is

The Rolling Stones..
xD

now ( they are getting a little creepy )
" I have to return some video tapes "

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Ok - I know that there have been several posts about Scott and the change with his performances from the mad shirtless wonder to what he is now.  I too would like to see him become a wildman again but will be happy just to see him.

What I must admit that what I find very humourous are comments about how he has changed because he is an "old" 42.  Are you kidding me? I am going on 47 and can still rock like I did when I was 20 (maybe even better now because I can set my own curfew.. ha ha).  Remember that there were times that Scott was in amazing condition....... quite necessary for running and moving around the stage like he used to.... he can still do it if he wanted to... he did move more in Chicago when the cameras were rolling.....

You are as old as you feel - Scott's body must be so preserved as a result of the chemicals that he has pushed into it that he should be a young'un 4ever.....   <!-- s;D --> ;D <!-- s;D -->

Anyhow, as a 47 year old rocker, I felt that I had to share my thoughts.....certainly not trying or intending to offend anyone.... love your posts and feedback.  Hope that I have much to share after the Detroit and Indy shows!!

It really is all how you see it. I've noticed that the age we view as the beginning of "old" keeps getting younger and younger. There are people out there who hate the idea of turning 20 (WTF?!).

Hell according to some recent "scientific study," 27 is the "beginning of old age" because of an academic test done on some people. What will tomorrow's old be?
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »
Hell according to some recent "scientific study," 27 is the "beginning of old age" because of an academic test done on some people. What will tomorrow's old be?

I'll buy that.  I'm 27, and now I make funny noises when I stand up.  I was just telling my girlfriend the other day that I think I'm "officially old."  lol.

Back on topic, though... Weiland, old?  I'd still hit it.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »
I realized I was old the other day when i was watching an episode of full house and it was uncle jessies 23rd bday.. i think i almost had a heart attack
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 02:08:07 AM »
Scott was already starting to calm down on VR's 2008 shows. I really would like for Scott to become a madman again, but I just don't see that happening.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
I read somewhere that Scott said he wanted to lose another 15 pounds in a recent interview.  Until then, he probably won't be whipping that shirt off anytime soon.  And no, I'm not saying he's fat.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
I realized I was old the other day when i was watching an episode of full house and it was uncle jessies 23rd bday.. i think i almost had a heart attack

LMAO.  I know the episode in question, and feel your freak-out is justified.  I had the same feelings about the episode with Danny's 30th birthday...
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!