October 04, 2024, 07:31:56 AM

Author Topic: Old fan here...  (Read 4451 times)

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Old fan here...
« on: March 27, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
30 year old guy here. Been listening to STP since I was about 12 or 13 (1992/93). Never seen the guys live, but did catch VR live back in 2004. Great show. Will hopefully see STP this spring. Been playing music since I was about 14. Covered many STP songs in my time. Music, movies and about a thousand other things would complete my list of interests.

Anyway, good to be here.
Karma schmarma.

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
Re: Old fan here...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »
Quote from: "RCLAR"
30 year old guy here. Been listening to STP since I was about 12 or 13 (1992/93). Never seen the guys live, but did catch VR live back in 2004. Great show. Will hopefully see STP this spring. Been playing music since I was about 14. Covered many STP songs in my time. Music, movies and about a thousand other things would complete my list of interests.

Anyway, good to be here.

Hey There,
I'm also 30 and like yourself I've been into STP since my teens, i too have never seen the boys live but will do this summer, saw VR 4 times which was great but not quite the same. I share your interest in movies, rock music and of course STP.

Welcome

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
Thank you for the welcome, Dr. Clinton Wheat!

I know what you mean about VR live. It was great, but when they played STP songs, the vibe was just wrong, hehe. No one playes Sex Type Thing or Interstate Love Song like Dean does. I was a fan of both GN'R and STP but had never seen either live, so I got a little bit of both worlds, yet not quite the real deal. But Scott seemed to be on top of his game at that point, so it was a lot of fun to see him in action.
Karma schmarma.

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
I've been listening to STP since i was 17, am so glad they're back together again!

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
They were all great VR shows i went to, in various different sized venues. The highlight for me always being the STP tunes but this being the UK most people were there for the GN'R numbers, which got a better response although i enjoyed introducing some friends to the stage power of Mr. Weiland, who didn't let down. Roll on June when i get to see STP as it should be.

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
Quote from: "powernoize"
I've been listening to STP since i was 17, am so glad they're back together again!

Yeah, it is great. Their new single is brilliant. I listen to it several times a day. I always feel the same when I listen to new STP stuff. Like time has stood still. It's very strange. It's like STP exists outside of the time space continuum, hehe. Can't wait for the new album to be released.
Karma schmarma.

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. Clinton Wheat"
They were all great VR shows i went to, in various different sized venues. The highlight for me always being the STP tunes but this being the UK most people were there for the GN'R numbers, which got a better response although i enjoyed introducing some friends to the stage power of Mr. Weiland, who didn't let down. Roll on June when i get to see STP as it should be.

Ah, I see. Yeah, people seem to go nuts over GN'R in the U.K. I just got the new Classic Rock and might as well be called Slashic Rock, hehe. But hey, I'm a big fan of GN'R as well, so it works for me.
STP has always been vastly underrated, in my opinion. And maybe not in the sense that they didn't sell records, it's more in the sense that they never got recognized for selling as much as they did and how unique and impactful their music really is. Or maybe I'm just a grumpy fan who thinks everyone should see and hear what I see and hear when it coomes to STP!  ;D

Glad you'll be getting to experience STP live. I'm sure you'll have a blast! I'm still looking at my live STP options. I'm thinking it'll be in early April in Mississippi (I believe).
Karma schmarma.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
Welcome, welcome!

You've been a fan that long and haven't gotten to see the band live yet?  That is seriously one of the most depressing things I've heard in a very long time!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Welcome, welcome!

You've been a fan that long and haven't gotten to see the band live yet?  That is seriously one of the most depressing things I've heard in a very long time!

Haha, be honest about it, whydontcha!  :D

But yeah, I do need to see them live. I once almost caught them on their European Purple tour. Back before the internet you didn't get information as quickly and I realized I was three hours from where they were playing and they were about to go on in one hour. Mathematics hadn't screwed me like that since High School. But this summer I will definitely catch a show, if only to alleviate your depression.  :)
Karma schmarma.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
Haha.  Sorry.  I didn't mean to rub salt in the wound!  I know you Eurofans have been ripped off over the years, so it's not like you did it on purpose.  While the promise of a "world tour" which covers Europe "several times" is definately good news for our friends across the pond, I certainly hope Weiland gets his ass in line before then.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

hurtstotalktoyou

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »
Quote from: "RCLAR"

Anyway, good to be here.

Neato.  I'm in roughly the same boat, agewise.  I haven't been on this site since 2003 or so...  and now a new record!  I guess I'll have to get in the spirit again.
my trading list[/url]
[url=http://comebac