September 30, 2024, 05:41:37 AM

Author Topic: Billboard.com Chart Position  (Read 64049 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Billboard.com Chart Position
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
Everyone need to go buy there 2nd copy.   I still have to get the Vinyl, Ive been procrastinating on it for 2months.

Maybe Ill do it this week to boost those sales.

Haha, yeah I bought a second copy as a gift for someone.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »
Top 40
http://tweetphoto.com/32103826

Between Glee & Justin Beiber.

If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2010, 03:20:53 AM »
I posted this over in the "sales predictions" thread, but thought it might merit mentioning here too.

This week's SoundScan has the album listed at #136, falling from #84 ... total sales are 108K, with 25% of those being digital album sales.
I got a picture of a photograph ...

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2010, 04:37:26 AM »
all things considered this album isn't doing much better than army of anyones album sales.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:49 AM »
It isnt 2006 anymore, in the big picture this album has done much better than Army Of Anyone's album. 108k isnt terrible these days, the album still debuted at #2, had a #1 rock hit for 7 weeks...AOA's album doesnt even compare
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
I was looking at a co-worker's MP3 player yesterday.  She's in her early twenties, and loves music like I do.
When I looked at her music files, I found NO FULL-LENGTH albums.  She said to me, "I don't buy CD's anymore.
I just download the songs I like off of the web."  Meaning, no full-length albums for her.  Why buy a whole CD
when you only like a few songs off it anyway?  I see fewer and fewer people these days going out and buying
full-length CD's.  As far as digital downloads, people can hear what they're buying before they buy it.  If a digital
download full-length album is $10, and you only dig 4 of the songs --- ???  Don't get me started with people
burning copies of CD's for their friends.  Most of us do this too.  But as far as supporting artists like STP,
just like many of you -- I bought the CD, the digital download, and the vinyl.

The internet and CD-R's have changed the way people buy, share, and consume music -- forever.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:19:15 AM by BrandoKommando »
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2010, 03:45:39 PM »
I was looking at a co-worker's MP3 player yesterday.  She's in her early twenties, and loves music like I do.
When I looked at her music files, I found NO FULL-LENGTH albums.  She said to me, "I don't buy CD's anymore.
I just download the songs I like off of the web."  Meaning, no full-length albums for her.  Why buy a whole CD
when you only like a few songs off it anyway?  I see fewer and fewer people these days going out and buying
full-length CD's.  As far as digital downloads, people can hear what they're buying before they buy it.  If a digital
download full-length album is $10, and you only dig 4 of the songs --- ???  Don't get me started with people
burning copies of CD's for their friends.  Most of us do this too.  But as far as supporting artists like STP,

The internet and CD-R's have changed the way people buy, share, and consume music -- forever.

And THAT in a nutshell is why the Rock music industry is in the crapper.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »
If a rock band hasn't got their shit together to make an album I can listen to from start to end then I can't be bothered with them period. If a band is making albums with only 2 or 3 good songs on them they don't deserve my attention.

It isnt 2006 anymore, in the big picture this album has done much better than Army Of Anyone's album. 108k isnt terrible these days, the album still debuted at #2, had a #1 rock hit for 7 weeks...AOA's album doesnt even compare

Yeah, AoA has sold 88,000 to date, STP had beaten that in 3 weeks, i'd imagine it will sell 250,000 ish by the end of the tour. Not a patch on former glories, but hopefully enough to keep them going.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »

Another HUGE reason why Rock music is in the crapper is because of lack of publicity.  About 10 years ago, MTV really began to focus more on pop and rap.  I see more celebrity gossip on pop stars than any rock stars.  People like to be told what is "in" and what is "out".  If you like rock music at this point in time, you can go down two routes.  You can go down the Jonas Brothers route or you can go down the Nickleback route.  Otherwise known as the mainstream.  In the 90's mainstream rock was the awesome music, but now it's in shambles.  I largely blame MTV for abandoning it.  VH1 has too.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
well as my friend who works for MTV/viacom says to me when I bitch at her about it  ;) ...They're gonna put on what's going to get viewers and in turn advertisers. So the more people want to watch those crappy reality shows....the more they will put them on...

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2010, 04:57:02 AM »
well as my friend who works for MTV/viacom says to me when I bitch at her about it  ;) ...They're gonna put on what's going to get viewers and in turn advertisers. So the more people want to watch those crappy reality shows....the more they will put them on...

The thing is, those reality shows really don't get great ratings either. MTV is a purely payola outfit nowadays (maybe it always was). Hence the Justin Beiber phenomenon.

Freely Standing

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2010, 08:35:44 AM »
Has TALO charted yet?

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
Has TALO charted yet?

Look at the bottom of page 10 from this thread
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »

Both of these posts are true.. but it's also ironic. The rock music industry is supposed to be about the live concert and not the recorded album. I mean, what's being said above is totally true, but I'm just saying that it's an interesting contradiction.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »

Both of these posts are true.. but it's also ironic. The rock music industry is supposed to be about the live concert and not the recorded album. I mean, what's being said above is totally true, but I'm just saying that it's an interesting contradiction.
Also the industry turned a blind eye to the powers of the internet in the 90's. It killed them instead when they should of been embracing it and channeling the possibilities.