September 28, 2024, 03:52:35 PM

Author Topic: Billboard.com Chart Position  (Read 63983 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Between the Lines" Billboard.com Chart Position
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
Quote from: "BigBangBoy"
I'm happy for them but on the downside it's going to make it hard to see them up close live this summer :-(
And prices for these shows are gonna rocket... AND Scott doesn't seem to well handle all the extra cash and commercial success.
adhesive love

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 09:20:54 PM »
Between The Lines

Rock Songs: #1 (+1)
Alternative Songs: #3 (+6)

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/chart ... tag=hpfeed
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
Wow! This is so cool! It all happened so fast. Just a few days ago, it seemed I was longing to finally hear this tune, and now it is topping the Rock Charts. Congrats to STP; this is no small feat. Looks like it could hit #1 on the Alternative Chart in another week or two. That would be incredible!! I would be lying if I said I expected this song to chart like this at all, let alone in such a short time.

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »
wow, it's going to be No.1...cheers! ;)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2010, 10:09:55 PM »
"it's not like the world is biding their time for fucking Stone Temple Pilots to reunite (laughs)" - Matt Sorum

yeah buddy, how's your band charting? Eat a dick.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2010, 10:15:55 PM »
It's been a long time coming, but STP finally has another #1 rock song!  SO glad this day actually came, these guys truly deserve it.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
"it's not like the world is biding their time for fucking Stone Temple Pilots to reunite (laughs)" - Matt Sorum

Looks like old Matt can call his new album "Eating Some Crow." It is nice to see true musicianship being rewarded. STP were never flashy song writers like Slash and the gang. It was always about treating the song with respect and giving it exactly what it needs. STP deserves every bit of respect and success they grab in the next 2 years with this album. It would be cool to see them recieve a Grammy for Rock Record of The Year. If they keep this up they will surely get a nomination.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2010, 10:29:16 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"

yeah buddy, how's your band charting? Eat a dick.

BAAAAAZING!!! I lol'd reading this btw..hilarious!

YEAH STP!!!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2010, 10:34:18 PM »
It's great to see STP topping the charts. Here's to the Stone Temple Pilots album topping the charts!
Back for another one

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
Man this is awesome. I never thought this album would be lining up to be this sucsessful. I was just glad to get a new album. But to see this song catch on so well makes me happy. I just hope this carries over to decent enough sales for them to want to make another album. If recent history dictates (No.4 & Contraband) if scott has a hit scott is happy and plays nice if the album that follows the hit does not live up to sales expectations (SLDD & Libertad) fingers start getting pointed the band blames scotts problems and boom implosion. So the sucess is good on two fronts.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2010, 11:21:03 PM »
Oh....and we should some how get matt sorass's addres or find out what unemployment line he hangs out in, send him his qoute and the billboard chart positions.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »
I know you guys have some heat against Matt Sorum but c'mon, leave the poor guy alone.  You wouldn't pick on some jobless hobo for not being good at anything.  Yea, so, Matt Sorum is a jobless hobo who isn't good at anything so yea.... nevermind, crucify the bastard  ;)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »
Quote from: "Humble Kidney Pie"
I know you guys have some heat against Matt Sorum but c'mon, leave the poor guy alone.  You wouldn't pick on some jobless hobo for not being good at anything.  Yea, so, Matt Sorum is a jobless hobo who isn't good at anything so yea.... nevermind, crucify the bastard  ;)

Well he's actually a pretty good drummer, but yeah he's got a shitty personality and is an asshole. He can't make up for that.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2010, 12:06:08 AM »
Quote from: "STP92"

Well he's actually a pretty good drummer, but yeah he's got a shitty personality and is an asshole. He can't make up for that.

Well, yea, I'm not really a musician so I can't really comment on his skill with any real knowledge :- .  That being said, I wasn't really impressed with anything I heard off of him from Velvet Revolver.  Also, like you said, the dude's just an A-hole who bashed STP so, screw him. hahaha

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
Quote from: "STP92"

I love when an interviewer asked Scott "so would you ever wear anything from his clothing line?" and Scott's like "God no!"
Bleeda blooda