September 29, 2024, 11:29:39 PM

Author Topic: Billboard.com Chart Position  (Read 64020 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Billboard.com Chart Position
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
^ I'll be interested to see where it lands on the global album chart, which I believe comes out tomorrow. I'm betting on top 5.

In the UK it charted at number 80, which is not entirely unsurprising, it's 20 places up on where they charted with SLDD though. Sales figures for the UK charts are hard to come by, can anyone help out with that?

The real test however is not where it landed on week one (it was a very slow sales week with hardly any competition anyway) but how it holds up over the next few months.

unglued24

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
Quote from: "Pingfah"
^ I'll be interested to see where it lands on the global album chart, which I believe comes out tomorrow. I'm betting on top 5.

In the UK it charted at number 80, which is not entirely unsurprising, it's 20 places up on where they charted with SLDD though. Sales figures for the UK charts are hard to come by, can anyone help out with that?

The real test however is not where it landed on week one (it was a very slow sales week with hardly any competition anyway) but how it holds up over the next few months.

Exactly, we need to hold off on the knee jerk reactions. Sales on Core only took off when  Plush, the #2 single started getting serious radio play. The band also has yet to tour and promote this album. Let's see what they choose for the next single and if the track is well recieved on the radio.
"What is the truth? What is reality? Your truth, your knowledge, that becomes your truth, becomes the reality...figure it out for yourself..." Scott Weiland

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:25 AM »
Anyone know how well the album did on its second week?
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2010, 05:22:41 AM »
Anyone know how well the album did on its second week?
Somewhere on another thread someone said it's sales dropped 70%
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:39 AM »
I wonder what position, though... Billboard.com still isn't updated...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »
Its at no. 16 with just 18,601 copies sold.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »
Chart update for week of June 19, 2010:

Stone Temple Pilots

Billboard 200: #16 (-14), peak #2
Rock Albums: #4 (-3), peak #1
Digital Albums: #18 (-16), peak #2
Alternative Albums: #4 (-3), peak #1
Hard Rock Albums: #2 (-1), peak #1
Canadian Albums: #12, (-10), peak #2

Between The Lines

Rock Songs: #3 (-1), peak #1
Alternative Songs: #12 (-4), peak #1
Canadian Hot 100: #59 (-9), peak #50
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »
They need another single, and fast! When's TALO supposed to hit the airwaves? I'm going to request the hell out of it.
Bleeda blooda

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:47 AM »
They need another single, and fast! When's TALO supposed to hit the airwaves? I'm going to request the hell out of it.

It'll be hitting radio next week, so it's coming fast!
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2010, 03:31:40 AM »

Wexcellent. Hopefully it boosts sales a bit. I thought Between The Lines would do good on the charts, but I really don't think it's a song that will make non-fans check the band out.
Bleeda blooda

Hazy Daze

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2010, 05:13:32 PM »
Eh, the sales are pretty low but I really don't care how well the album sells considering how people's tastes in music have changed in the last ten years. The music industry is awful these days and if STP had a huge selling album I would almost be worried that if so many people like it then musically the album would be too generic. Face it most popular music today is extremely generic.

I don't think there is a problem with the poor sales of the album as long as they have a #1 single or two (albums are mostly irrelevant these days anyways) and sell out their shows I think that's a success. Don't get bummed out about the sales it's not as bad as you think it is.

huckleberrycrumble78

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
Eh, the sales are pretty low but I really don't care how well the album sells considering how people's tastes in music have changed in the last ten years. The music industry is awful these days and if STP had a huge selling album I would almost be worried that if so many people like it then musically the album would be too generic. Face it most popular music today is extremely generic.

I don't think there is a problem with the poor sales of the album as long as they have a #1 single or two (albums are mostly irrelevant these days anyways) and sell out their shows I think that's a success. Don't get bummed out about the sales it's not as bad as you think it is.

Well said!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »

Wexcellent. Hopefully it boosts sales a bit. I thought Between The Lines would do good on the charts, but I really don't think it's a song that will make non-fans check the band out.

Honestly, I don't think TALO will do much for sales. Most of the die-hard STP fans already have the album at this point. While it is a good rock song, I don't think it will be that single that will take them over the top in sales. Right now, I would say just concenrate on the tour because as we all know, that's where the money is these days.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
I heard Take A Load Off yesterday on Sirius XM 21! It's the alternative rock station.

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

STONE TEMPLE PILOTSATLANTIC
-44%

Album sales slipped 44% to 10,473 copies this week.  I think that totals around 92,000 in the US.  Less than SLDD sold in its first week.   Of course, those were different times.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:14:44 PM by Pruno »