September 29, 2024, 09:24:56 PM

Author Topic: Billboard.com Chart Position  (Read 64018 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Between the Lines" Billboard.com Chart Position
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2010, 09:44:16 PM »
Between The Lines

Rock Songs: #1 (7 wks)

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/chart ... 1755.story
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

jayjay9979

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »
kinda funny that u2's get on your boots is getting tossed around on here.. i remember when that song came out i thought in my head that that song sounded like stp had a hand in writing the music for it, and that scott gave bozo a hand in how to write and sing a song but he just couldnt get a grasp on it.. and kinda thought they were trying to sound like stp.. cant stand U2 and bozo or bono or whatever.. :)

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2010, 11:52:48 PM »
I'll tell you when I first heard this song I wasn't really impressed.  Then I listened to it a couple of more times and thought, this is going to be a hit.  Sure enough, it was and the radio stations in Pittsburgh started to play it a lot.

Since this new song has come out there has been a resurgence of STP songs being played on all of the new stations and on the classic rock stations here.  How funny is that?  Plush just played on my classic rock station the other day.  That song came out almost 20 years ago I can't believe it.  

We are truly lucky to have these guys back together and blowing up with their music.  This is by far their best album in a long time.  Just the songs I have seen on youtube from their shows puts it in my top 3 from STP.

You can tell that a group is special when you can listen to their music and say this song will be a classic for my lifetime.  The same goes for bands like the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Doors, Aerosmith, Jimmi Hendrix, etc.

I know I am leaving a bunch off the list I just mentioned but I have to believe STP is probably one of the best bands to come out in the last 20 years.  Their music will last for another 20, 30, 40 years, hell maybe forever.  It truly takes a band like STP to put out an unbelievable album to realize how bad or influenced some of these bands have become.  It's all about the bottom line $$$ and not about making great music that you enjoy.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »
7 weeks is impressive. How does this rank among some of the more recent big radio hits. How long was Alice in Chains longest number 1 reign or Pearl Jams or any other acts that we can locate? 7 weeks at #1 after being gone for so long is very impressive.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »
Quote from: "DeathBedMotorcade"
I'll tell you when I first heard this song I wasn't really impressed.  Then I listened to it a couple of more times and thought, this is going to be a hit.  Sure enough, it was and the radio stations in Pittsburgh started to play it a lot.
Gotta love The X   :D
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2010, 12:59:30 AM »
Quote from: "kshamrock20"
7 weeks is impressive. How does this rank among some of the more recent big radio hits. How long was Alice in Chains longest number 1 reign or Pearl Jams or any other acts that we can locate? 7 weeks at #1 after being gone for so long is very impressive.

The Rock Songs chart has been in existence since only June 20, 2009.  Here are all the songs that reached number 1 so far (and how many weeks they remained at #1):

Know Your Enemy - Green Day (1 week)
New Divide - Linkin Park (13 weeks)
Check My Brain - Alice In Chains (8 weeks)
Wheels - Foo Fighters (2 weeks)
I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin (2 weeks)
Break - Three Days Grace (12 weeks)
Your Decision - Alice In Chains (6 weeks)
Between The Lines - Stone Temple Pilots (7 weeks)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Songs

On the Mainstream Rock chart, Interstate Love Song remained at #1 for 15 weeks.  A record at the time.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2010, 03:44:24 PM »
Chart update for week of May 29, 2010:

Between The Lines

Rock Songs: #1 (7 wks)
Alternative Songs: #2 (2 wks), peak #1

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »
New Divide by LP got that much play. TERRIBLE. Its a b-side and sounds exaclty like another song(in which I cant remember it name) off there last album.  And 3dayGrace songs all sounds the same.

Those are just two of many reasons why radio is so bad.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
Quote from: "hurtstotalktoyou"
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"
I am loving how BTL jumped back up a spot to #2 on the Alternative charts shoving Muse out again. They're latest record is just not that good and is overblown with the persona of some Queen-like masterpiece.

Damn kids and they're recycled post-grunge Three Days Grace. I swear that the song, "The Good Life" is the same bloated dumb hard rock that we've been hearing for like 5-7 years now.

Oh, it's not so bad.  I actually like some of that 3DG stuff.  Animal I Have Become I thought was fantastic!

Not a die-hard 3DG fan either, but I think the Good Life is really catchy. It gets stuck really easily. Never Too Late is probably my favorite of theirs.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2010, 04:06:24 AM »
Quote from: "shinesmith"
I really need to get 50 or more posts.

[....]

Does anyone know a quick way to do this?

Are you serious? If I was an admin on this forum, I'd throw your ass right out of here on principle alone.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2010, 10:00:09 AM »
Quote from: "nat"
Quote from: "shinesmith"
I really need to get 50 or more posts.

[....]

Does anyone know a quick way to do this?

Are you serious? If I was an admin on this forum, I'd throw your ass right out of here on principle alone.

Then it's probably a good thing that you aren't an admin.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "hurtstotalktoyou"
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"
I am loving how BTL jumped back up a spot to #2 on the Alternative charts shoving Muse out again. They're latest record is just not that good and is overblown with the persona of some Queen-like masterpiece.

Damn kids and they're recycled post-grunge Three Days Grace. I swear that the song, "The Good Life" is the same bloated dumb hard rock that we've been hearing for like 5-7 years now.

Oh, it's not so bad.  I actually like some of that 3DG stuff.  Animal I Have Become I thought was fantastic!

Not a die-hard 3DG fan either, but I think the Good Life is really catchy. It gets stuck really easily. Never Too Late is probably my favorite of theirs.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Three Days Grace's first 2 albums. Not that I Hate Everything About You crap. Drown was a good song. And their second album had quite a few songs that I enjoyed, and none of them were the singles. I pretty much hated everything I heard on their new album though.

Geez I can't believe BTL has been at number 1 for almost 2 months. WE'RE KINGS OF THE WORLD. It would be great if they released another single while BTL was still doing so good and had the number 1 & 2 songs, but  I doubt it. There's a good chance BTL will still be on the charts though.

I honestly wasn't expecting this song to get to the top and stay there for so long.
Bleeda blooda

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2010, 03:50:50 AM »
According to this week's chart preview, The Good Life by Three Days Grace is now #1 on the Rock Songs chart, meaning STP's 7 week reign has come to a close.

I'll post the numbers for this week on Thursday.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »
The new album is currently the number 12 best selling album on Amazon.

#7 in    Music > Rock
#12 in Music > Pop
#1 in    Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Hard Rock

The deluxe edition is currently 48th overall.

Not too shabby! I'm guessing it'll soon go to number 1.
Bleeda blooda

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
I'm calling a Hot 100 positioning for next thursday...

The album sales will drive the track into the hot 100.  That chart seems to combine sales and spins.  I remember when Incubus Light Grenades Came out, Anna Molly wasn't charting in the hot 100 until the week the album was released, when it propelled to 66.

The album will go #1, and sell anywhere from 90-120K copies (light estimate, hoping for much more), and I am willing to be Between The Lines will make it through to the hot 100 (anywhere from position 80-100)

These are bold calls but, it would be great for the band to break the hot 100.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08