September 29, 2024, 05:27:15 PM

Author Topic: Billboard.com Chart Position  (Read 64009 times)

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
Re: "Between the Lines" Billboard.com Chart Position
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »
#1 on both Rock charts!  Any new singles climbing that could dethrone us?
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
I thought there was 3 Rock Charts.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "Pingfah"
So, any predictions on a hot 100 placing?

The last 2 AiC singles, and the last 2 Pearl Jam singles have all had a top 100 placing, so it seems likely a poppy hit like this will also enter that chart.

PJ's 'The Fixer' peaked at 56, and AIC's 'Check My Brain' peaked at 92, so I'll say Between the Lines will fall somewhere in between. I'll say 72.

I'll predict #55.

Heh, I think it'll sneak past where The Fixer landed too. Although I actually marginally prefer The Fixer as a song I think this has more mass appeal, it's more of a pop hit than any of the other tracks mentioned.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say no. 49.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
I thought there was 3 Rock Charts.

There is: Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks.  We won't know where BTL has charted on that until Thursday.  Last week it was at #3.  If I were to guess, I would say #1.

Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
So, any predictions on a hot 100 placing?

The last 2 AiC singles, and the last 2 Pearl Jam singles have all had a top 100 placing, so it seems likely a poppy hit like this will also enter that chart.

PJ's 'The Fixer' peaked at 56, and AIC's 'Check My Brain' peaked at 92, so I'll say Between the Lines will fall somewhere in between. I'll say 72.

I'll predict #55.

Heh, I think it'll sneak past where The Fixer landed too. Although I actually marginally prefer The Fixer as a song I think this has more mass appeal, it's more of a pop hit than any of the other tracks mentioned.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say no. 49.

The reasoning behind my prediction of #55 is because it's 1 spot higher than Slither, the highest-charting STP-related song ever.  :)
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 07:43:52 PM »
Although I actually marginally prefer The Fixer as a song I think this has more mass appeal, it's more of a pop hit than any of the other tracks mentioned.

That's why I didn't think it would chart better then The Fixer. I think it's more catchier and more infectious then BTL.  Although, The Fixer wasn't love at first sight with me either. It look me a while to get into it, and now it's probably my favorite tune off that album. (Along with Got Some and Unthought Known)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
Although I actually marginally prefer The Fixer as a song I think this has more mass appeal, it's more of a pop hit than any of the other tracks mentioned.

That's why I didn't think it would chart better then The Fixer. I think it's more catchier and more infectious then BTL.  Although, The Fixer wasn't love at first sight with me either. It look me a while to get into it, and now it's probably my favorite tune off that album. (Along with Got Some and Unthought Known)

I think BTL has better legs than The Fixer.  If this single and album get the promotion they deserve (so far indications are good), I think it will climb higher than 56 on the Hot 100.
Sin make me strong.

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Mediabase Alternative Charts:
http://http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255606

Mediabase Active Rock Charts:
http://http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255613

#1 Alternative
#4 Active Rock

^ These are based on radio spins, updated daily.
-Bill_

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:52 PM »
pshhhh... sTp you're no#1.(=^;^=)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 10:04:15 PM »
That Active Rock chart is weak.  

Godsmacks "Cryin Like a bitch" #1 and 3 Days Grace (the Canadian Godsmack) is #3, more reason why rock radio is so bad.

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 12:16:51 AM »
Aw man, the only thing that gets on my nerves with rock radio today is not necessarily the music overall... But, it's the ridiculously "long-ass" commercial breaks. Truth be told... without radio (both "terrestrial" and internet), STP wouldn't be charting anywhere.
-Bill_

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010, 01:01:58 AM »
Quote from: "justbill"
Aw man, the only thing that gets on my nerves with rock radio today is not necessarily the music overall... But, it's the ridiculously "long-ass" commercial breaks. Truth be told... without radio (both "terrestrial" and internet), STP wouldn't be charting anywhere.

I fucking HATE HATE HATE commercials on the radio. And the worst part is that even when you change the station to something else, there's a 90% chance that whatever you changed it to is also going to be playing commercials.
Bleeda blooda

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 04:02:20 AM »
After reading some of these posts, I would have to recommend SATELLITE RADIO to all you music fans.  I bought a new car last April, and after my trial to SIRUIS satellite
radio was over -- I renewed it for a pretty low price.  

First off, the channel known as "Lithium" might as well be called STP radio.  I hear
a lot of early STP on this channel.  For those that don't know, Lithium is the 90's grunge channel.  They play all the big artists of the time, and STP is no exception.

I haven't heard the new STP song yet on "Octane", which is the new rock channel.  Hopefully, it will be in rotation soon, if it isn't already.

Having commercial free radio in your car is the best.  If you don't have it, get it.
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 04:16:24 AM »
thanks for sharing that great info :D
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
After reading some of these posts, I would have to recommend SATELLITE RADIO to all you music fans.  I bought a new car last April, and after my trial to SIRUIS satellite
radio was over -- I renewed it for a pretty low price.  

God I miss the satellite radio. I mainly listened to Octane, Liquid Metal, and the Graveyard.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
AGREED!!  Love, love, love Lithium!!  It's all I listen to at work and home.  And you're right-you may as well call it STP radio!