September 20, 2024, 12:08:53 AM

Author Topic: New Album Now up for Presale at Amazon.com!  (Read 99369 times)

MadPieceOfPie

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.com - Album Stream
« Reply #600 on: May 11, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »
Can I get a PM for Huckleberry? TYVM!

everylilwhore

« Reply #601 on: May 11, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »
With some help of a bass player here at work....

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdWPwVTWsI

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 11, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
With some help of a bass player here at work....

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdWPwVTWsI

It really does sound so much like it
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »
Yeah I pretty much thought that from the second I heard it.. but I still like it a alot.. it is different enough.. It has that STP swagger
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 11, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »
Oh I agree totally, should have mentioned that I really like Huckleberry Crumble too  8)
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 11, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »
This is a damn good song.

Could someone send me a PM for Huckleberry Crumble?  Would be very much appreciated!

Don't have access to the streams here at work.

Thanks in advance!!!  ;D

Roger
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #606 on: May 11, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
This tune sounds superb.  Although I do hope there is at least one kind of All in the suit that you wear/Down tune on this record.  But none the less this will be  a wicked album.  Could someone PM me Huckleberry?  Thanks a bunch.  

P.S. How would I go about asking for Bagman and Hickory Dichotomy PM's aswell?
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »
I like Hickory Dichotomy a lot and BTL is a good song, but I'm not really digging the other two.  Huckleberry is interesting in that it's at least something new for STP, but still... not a big fan of the Aerosmith sound.    

Bagman, unfortunately, is a leading candidate for my least favorite STP song.  It'll probably surpass MC5.  I really hope the rest of this album is better.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
This album is going to be FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!   Huckleberry rocks my socks off, Hickory is amazing, BTL is a good lead single and even Bagman although not my favorite is growing on me thanks to the "there was a dream" part, that part of the song is AWESOME!  I am always wondering how in the world I would keep liking every STP cd as much as the last and they always deliver.  So amped for the rest

Vanilla Shake

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Ava Adore
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 11, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
While I think there will be some better songs on the album that are just being held back, I think "Huckleberry" will be among the best ones. Just listen to Dean's work on it. Makes you wanna groove.

Brett says "Fast As I Can" is the "most rocking song on the album", so I'm looking forward to that, as well as "Dare If You Dare" and I can't wait to see how experimentally beautiful "Maver" is.

Anyway, has anyone figured out the real lyrics for "Huckleberry"?
I'm looking for a new meditation, still looking for a new way to fly. Don't want any plastic validation, not looking for a new way to die.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 11, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
Ive only listened to Huckle .. a few times and right now its my least fav out of the for, still like it though.

Ive got a feeling that this album is going to be responded to almost the same way Tiny Music.  Some will love it and others will say what happened to these guys, they dont rock anymore. It seems to be a grower of an album, as its a def. sound for STO as was Tiny Music at the time.  Just my 2 cents

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:28 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Can't wait til tomorrow to figure out this one on the guitar.  :)

Good song.  I agree with Velvet LoungeFly though, its definitely heavily produced, probably too much so.  

Still, I dig it.

-A

Overproduced from a vocal perspective, or musically? I kind of feel like every song has been too produced so far. Vocally and musically. Still love the songs, and I'm digging it, but they are missing a little bit of rawness to them. Thoughts?

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 11, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
Lovin me some stp...can't get enough of huckleberry...really looking forward to this album.

Feelin like I'm sinking in...

pilothead

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 11, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
I hear some ragdoll in there with the same ol song and dance.
t~RoY

\"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend\" - Scott Weiland

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 11, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »
That is one thing I don't like about the studio version of "Huckleberry..." There are so many vocal layers it kind of muddies up the raw 70's sound it's supposed to have. I still really like the live versions--much more stripped down and Dean's tone sounds better to me.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome