September 27, 2024, 06:16:16 PM

Author Topic: New Album Now up for Presale at Amazon.com!  (Read 99895 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.com - Album Stream
« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
Quote from: "andrew"
Surprisingly, no.

Try loading a different tune into CEP and make sure it plays back okay. If it does, then the problem might be how you're recording it. Are you using a cable from your output to input? If so, try a different cable. Are you routing it within your computer's audio properties? If so, try different settings or try using a cable. It's been a while since I recorded on a PC, but to do it internally on a Mac, you have to use some kind of signal routing program like Soundflower. When I was recording these (with Soundflower), I had a weird problem where if I had my audio interface enabled, I was getting this metallic sound on the track. I disabled the interface and just monitored it through my laptop's built-in speakers, and it worked fine then. So try different things.

By the way, Cool Edit Pro is a fantastic program, and there's [surprisingly] really nothing like it on Mac except Audacity, which is okay but not nearly as precise as CEP.

I don't remember the name of the setting, but I use the one that records directly off the sound card. Stereo something, I believe it's called.
Bleeda blooda

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Album Now up for Presale at Amazon.com!
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2010, 05:03:10 PM »
Albums only $9.99 now on amazon.com .. for this instance i wished I lived in the US ;)

http://http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Temple-Pilots/dp/B003CLAMYS/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpp_1

Silvergun

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
Bagman has REALLY grown on me, its infectious. I love the vocals.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 07, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
So is it pretty much accepted that the next song streamed by amazon is going to be Huckleberry Crumble?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

jeff122581

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 07, 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
Who knows at this point...I guess we shall see.   Didn't someone say something about a source claiming that the album would be leaked by the end of tonight?

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 07, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
Yeah I think it was VAPORIZED.  but Im not holding my breath for the leak.  Itll come eventually.  But for sure there is a song cominmg monday.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Vanilla Shake

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Ava Adore
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 08, 2010, 07:23:35 AM »
Quote from: "Purple"
So is it pretty much accepted that the next song streamed by amazon is going to be Huckleberry Crumble?
I was out taking a walk earlier, just drifting away while listening to my iPhone and after I played the 3 songs we've gotten so far, I remembered that at their recent concerts they only played 4 songs from the new album. Those songs were "Between the Lines", "Hickory Dichotomy", "Bagman" and last but certainly not least, "Huckleberry Crumble".

So, for the past few weeks Amazon has put up 1 new song every Monday. So far, the songs they've put up have already been played live and there are numerous YouTube videos of them being played in their entirety. This upcoming Monday is the 10th. The Monday after that will be the 17th, when this site (http://http://www.therock.net.nz/The-Rock-to-stream-new-Stone-Temple-Pilots-album/tabid/673/articleID/9414/Default.aspx) will be streaming the entire album for free. Then on the following week, the album is officially released.

I have no doubt that on Monday we'll be hearing the album version "Huckleberry Crumble", which I'm really excited for as it's the song I've been wanting the most since seeing it live. Then we'll hear the rest of the tracks that haven't been leaked yet on the following Monday.
I'm looking for a new meditation, still looking for a new way to fly. Don't want any plastic validation, not looking for a new way to die.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 08, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »
Now the question is going to be whether the album is going to leak before it streams on that site!?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Vanilla Shake

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Ava Adore
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 08, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
Quote from: "Purple"
Now the question is going to be whether the album is going to leak before it streams on that site!?
I feel it would have leaked by now, so like some people have said, I'm not holding my breath for a leak until at least the 17th, when the entire album will be streamed on that site.

They've been very good at keeping this album under wraps so far.
I'm looking for a new meditation, still looking for a new way to fly. Don't want any plastic validation, not looking for a new way to die.

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2010, 05:26:23 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun"
Bagman has REALLY grown on me, its infectious.
I completely agree - especially from the bridge to the end.

This is actually a wonderfully produced/engineered/mixed tune.  Much better than Between the Lines.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2010, 06:54:08 AM »
^ Agreed. And its so damn catchy.

Can anyone with this mp3 PM me please and thank you.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
what song will it be tomorrow? Huckleberry Crumble?

anyone else done  180 on the new songs? When I heard the new stuff on youtube when they played it live, Hickory was my least favorite, followed by Bagman, but now I can't stop listening to them, maybe they just took time to grow on me, who knows

MadPieceOfPie

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »
I'm hoping tomorrow it will be Huckleberry Crumble because I want to save the rest of the album for when it is released even though there were be one more released after tomorrow before the album comes out.   :)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »
The amazon streams have been updating on Tuesday's, so we may have to wait until then.

I'm buying the album without a doubt, but I am really kinda disappointed so far.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2010, 10:24:16 PM »
Quote from: "ShaneC"
The amazon streams have been updating on Tuesday's, so we may have to wait until then.

I'm buying the album without a doubt, but I am really kinda disappointed so far.

They put them up on Monday night. And sorry to hear you're disappointed so far, I'm lovin' this stuff.