September 27, 2024, 08:25:14 PM

Author Topic: New Album Now up for Presale at Amazon.com!  (Read 99900 times)

kuhnhound

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.com - Album Stream
« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
I would love a PM for a link to Bagman as well. :)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
I would enjoy a PM as well... :-)

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:41 PM »
I really like the song  :D to be honest I would enjoy everything that the band comes out with. That doesn't mean I wouldn't say they played a good show if it was bad, I don't do that much ass kissing.

Buttt if they wanted to do a full album of just "Press Play" & "Daisy" esque instrumental tracks, I would love it just like the rest. This band just speaks to me and I enjoy everything they do musically.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
I really like the song  :D to be honest I would enjoy everything that the band comes out with. That doesn't mean I wouldn't say they played a good show if it was bad, I don't do that much ass kissing.

Buttt if they wanted to do a full album of just "Press Play" & "Daisy" esque instrumental tracks, I would love it just like the rest. This band just speaks to me and I enjoy everything they do musically.

You know, I would like to think that I can distinguish the good from the average, but truthfully, I am so biased when it comes to STP. I ask myself, if Joe Blow's band put out Hickory Dichotomy, would I like it? Or do I just like it because STP can do very little wrong in my ears?

I think STP's great track record lends itself to my giving a song more than one chance. Though I will say one thing...songs that you like right off the bat, wear themselves out quicker, whereas the ones that grow on you have a longer shelf-life.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Can I get the hookup with a PM please?!?!?

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
Love the song, especially the solo - only complaint is that it seems a little drown out.  3 for 3 so far!

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 04, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Fuckin' Cool Edit Pro. Sounds like it's muffled. Even the .wav file. If I increase the sample rate, will that make a difference?
Not after it's recorded.

You need to record it at the correct sample-rate.  While it can't technically be known without seeing the backend file, using regular CD settings (16-bit stereo 44.1) should be perfectly fine.

If you want some dork-speak, it's better to record it at 32-bit and make sure your levels aren't too high.  After it's finished, trim the front and back of the file, normalize it, then convert it down to 16-bit, then save it however you want.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 04, 2010, 11:54:13 PM »
Quote from: "John"
Fuckin' Cool Edit Pro. Sounds like it's muffled. Even the .wav file. If I increase the sample rate, will that make a difference?
Not after it's recorded.

You need to record it at the correct sample-rate.  While it can't technically be known without seeing the backend file, using regular CD settings (16-bit stereo 44.1) should be perfectly fine.

If you want some dork-speak, it's better to record it at 32-bit and make sure your levels aren't too high.  After it's finished, trim the front and back of the file, normalize it, then convert it down to 16-bit, then save it however you want.

I'm not too savvy with the program, so I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. I could probably figure it out with a little messing around.

I didn't convert it down to 16-bit, which I'm assuming is why the .wav file was 119MB. I recorded it at 32-bit with a sample rate of 192000. Is that sample rate too high, or would it sound better if it was lower? I did have it set at 44100, and I think that's why it sounded like it was muffled.
Bleeda blooda

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
A little off topic but maybe Scott should grow his goatee again! It might bring back some of the good old gruffy voice were used too.  Bagman is pretty decent, it's catchy but as everyone is saying, the bridge onwards is quite superb.  Somebody mentioned the production on this record awhile back and I must admit that the Deleo bros are pros at it.   Listen to the work they did on Alien Ant Farms "truANT" from 2003.  Anyways, my first post, glad to be here and I look forward to many conversations...hoping they don't kill(maybe not so funny)
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2010, 05:23:19 AM »
I'm not too savvy with the program, so I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. I could probably figure it out with a little messing around.

I didn't convert it down to 16-bit, which I'm assuming is why the .wav file was 119MB. I recorded it at 32-bit with a sample rate of 192000. Is that sample rate too high, or would it sound better if it was lower? I did have it set at 44100, and I think that's why it sounded like it was muffled.
I would think that should have been fine.

Converting from 192k to 44k should be fine.  What did the waveform look like?  Was it just a giant square of color?

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2010, 05:36:50 AM »
Quote from: "John"

I would think that should have been fine.

Converting from 192k to 44k should be fine.  What did the waveform look like?  Was it just a giant square of color?

Surprisingly, no.
Bleeda blooda

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2010, 05:49:43 AM »
From the 3 songs we've heard so far it would seem the new album is going to be very 60's/70's sounding with short catchy rock n' roll songs... I'm not sure how I feel about this  :-
I do LIKE all 3 songs i've heard, don't get me wrong, but I can't say i'm blown away by any of them.  BTL is the best IMO but i'd take 'Dumb Love', 'Coma', 'Down', 'Hollywood Bitch', 'Silvergun Superman' or any of their previous rock songs over these new tracks we've heard. Those previous songs seemed to have more to them somehow, perhaps they were structured better? It's like I start getting into one of these new songs and there over, especially 'Bagman', I love the solo but the song as a whole sounds like filler and STP have never been about filler, every song had it's place even instrumental stuff like 'Daisy' and weird shit like 'Art School Girl'.
My expectations for STP albums are very high and I was initially worried when I first saw the song titles (Peacoat?!) and more so when I saw the song lengths, i'm just hoping that we haven't heard the best from the album yet, I have a good feeling about 'Fast As I Can', 'First Kiss On Mars' and 'Maver', I think theyre going to be special  :)
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »
Surprisingly, no.
Hmmm.  Well, I don't really know then.  I had no problems recording both of them.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Surprisingly, no.

Try loading a different tune into CEP and make sure it plays back okay. If it does, then the problem might be how you're recording it. Are you using a cable from your output to input? If so, try a different cable. Are you routing it within your computer's audio properties? If so, try different settings or try using a cable. It's been a while since I recorded on a PC, but to do it internally on a Mac, you have to use some kind of signal routing program like Soundflower. When I was recording these (with Soundflower), I had a weird problem where if I had my audio interface enabled, I was getting this metallic sound on the track. I disabled the interface and just monitored it through my laptop's built-in speakers, and it worked fine then. So try different things.

By the way, Cool Edit Pro is a fantastic program, and there's [surprisingly] really nothing like it on Mac except Audacity, which is okay but not nearly as precise as CEP.

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
By the way, Cool Edit Pro is a fantastic program...
It really is.  Adobe Audition 1.5 is the pinnacle of that line of software so far.  I still use 1.5 for almost all of my professional audio work.

Audition 3 was a step in the right direction, but I'm hoping 4 finally fixes all the problems with 2 and 3.