September 27, 2024, 08:23:47 PM

Author Topic: New Album Now up for Presale at Amazon.com!  (Read 99899 times)

Silvergun132

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.com - Album Stream
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2010, 03:49:45 PM »
Quote from: "MadPieceOfPie"
Any chance I could get a PM with links to HD and/or Bagman? :)

Same here!  Many thanks!  :)

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »

I second that.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »

Ditto, if not I'll just rip the stream myself.

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:01 PM »
I liked the song when it first started.  I will admit I am not a big a fan as some on here with Scott's voice on this song but I still like it (just my opinion people).  I absolutely love the music though.  I swear I 'd love to have 2 versions of the record, one as the regular release and one with just instruments.  Anyway, when the song gets to the bridge I completely fall in love with the song.  It just soars during and after this part.  I cannot wait for the rest of this album.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"

I second that.

Third'ed, but I only need Bagman.  :)

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »
Quote from: "Sklashboombash"
Quote from: "disasterami"
Some of the vocal melodies that Robert Patrick came up with seemed perfect for another AOA.

Not to get off of the thread's topic...but I agree 100% and that's why I love a bunch of tunes on Anthems For the Damned...some tunes would have been right at home on AoA.

I think it's just a natural thing for people to compare STP to VR or AoA just like we all used to do with Tiny Music & Talk Show. (maybe that was a more arguable discussion because the music/songs were written in the same time period).

I definitely think your experience in another band opens you up to new things. Listen to Maynard's vocals on Tool's Lateralus which came after he had taken a more melodic approach with A Perfect Circle. Whether it's intentional or not, it will definitely affect the artist even in the smallest way...unless the artist can just flip a switch.

In the case of Scott, who knows cuz he does such a good job with so many different vocal approaches... I believe "chameleon" has been the word used in the past

Very true, well put :)

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »
Good stuff! I was never big on the live version, but this one would be on repeat if I only had an MP3 of it  ;)
Karma schmarma.

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
Some thoughts:

Only thing I like about this song is the solo.  This really isn't doing it for me.

I am disappointed in Hickory and Bagman, as they sound too similar to me.

I love Between the Lines, but these other two songs lack something that I can't put my finger on.  Just my opinion.

Having said that, I am still really looking forward to the album, and I feel overall that I will enjoy it.

For me, Between the Lines is CLEARLY the best song of these three that we have heard.

I would love to hear something a bit harder from the guys.  I don't need another Sex Type Thing or Dead and Bloated to be impressed, but I'd like something a bit edgier.  At least one song.  To the same end, I'd love an "Atlanta" type of song on this record; something that calms the mood a bit.  The track lengths seem to indicate otherwise, however.

Quite possibly, we may never hear that edgier style from the band again, and I'd be ok with that.  Just want them to showcase some flexibility on the record.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »
I really like bagman but I'm not crazy about lyrics..Bagman Honey, Bagman Sugar... I would have rather Scott just let the instruments speak for the first 30-45 seconds of a song before coming in. I guess it's just because Hickory and Bagman both start with the repeating of words over and over again. Either way... so catchy on all other accounts.
My only exit is a one way out...

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2010, 04:28:57 PM »
Love Eric on the Crash part of Bagman :)

EDIT: PM Bagman PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
Since the studio track is released it's nice to go back and listen to the live version.
Watch this awesome video recorded by a fellow board member Johnny Wufei:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_EM3CdXsYk

Also, check out his Huckleberry Crumble video.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "MacCausland"
calm down, for all we know its a picture of his penis.
Vaporized's penis or Scott's penis?  Trust me there's plenty of Scott penis pictures out there, I'd have to ask Jesse for the exact number though because I try to avoid them.

Brett, you e-mail me on a weekly basis asking to be made an "honorary member" of the Bad Girls Club.  Stop acting like Weiland's penis isn't the reason you're into this band to begin with.  We all know better.

I shot my recipe buddy, Andrew, a PM asking nicely for a hook-up of a DL link - but I'll take one from anyone that feels like sending it over.   ;D   xo

ETA:  You guys are crazy.  I can listen to SRW sing "honey," "sugar" all day long.  I fucking love it.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

MadPieceOfPie

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2010, 05:34:03 PM »
Anyone able to PM me a link to Hickory because the version I have sounds like crap!  :'(

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
Yeah, would anybody be willing to float me the high quality Hickory version as well. My version sounds pretty bad. Thanks in advance!

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 04, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
That Damn CRASH!!!! :D Just loving it *CRASH!*

N Dean's solos are STELLAR of wat ive heard :)