September 20, 2024, 12:10:46 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Album Cover by Shepard Fairey  (Read 28662 times)

everylilwhore

Re: Stone Temple Pilots Album Cover..
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2010, 01:40:10 AM »
Quote from: "Garrett"
The only STP cover I've ever really liked is the one they used for Purple.  This one's not bad though.

I enjoyed Tiny Music and Purple. The entire artwork for Tiny Music was great in my view.

This is just blah.

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots Album Cover by Shepard Fairey
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 01:42:20 AM »
I think it's cool. Not what I was expecting, but that's what they do.

Out of all of the covers, it seems to feel somewhat like No. 4's cover: two flat colors and very geometric.

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2010, 01:45:21 AM »
Hopefully the rest of it makes up for the bland cover. I'm kind of expecting now, unfortunately, the rest of it to be pretty simple like No.4 was. Black white pages inside with the lyrics and credits. I hope I'm wrong. Eh, who cares...I want to hear the music.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

PaperHeart10687

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »
I like the new album cover but it does seem a little trendy IMO.

However if you would've showed me 10 different cover ideas for the new STP album and asked which one would the band pick I would've never thought they'd gone with this. So kudos to them for keeping their fans on their toes for all these years in terms of what there next move is gonna be.

That's what really makes them an interesting band, the originality and their ability to never repeat themselves. Can't wait for this album!

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2010, 02:14:53 AM »
That whole single better be good cuz what i heard of it didnt really impress me and this album cover isn't helping at all.

I usually don't ask for much but the boys are pretty artsy and creative when it comes to stuff. SLDD was very firey and mysterious,Tiny Music was just awesome, N.4 is simple but the fact that STP and N.4 both stand for drug names or slang and it has a big white star just made it even more priceless with the whole Scott getting out of jail thing.
If you only knew..

Sweilandlvsu

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 03:13:25 AM »
It's very in keeping with the "60's vibe" Dean described the album as, with that album cover seems a shame they DIDN'T call it "Stone Temple Pilots and The Wayback Machine," that title would really suit the cover don't cha think?

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 03:28:28 AM »
Am i the only one who kinda likes it? Everyone seems to be comparing everything about this new album to their old shit in one way or another and finding either problems or positives in one way or another. I personally want a new reinvented STP - one we havent seen yet. And as far as this 18 second clip and new album cover goes, it seems like they're doing just that. If you saw that album cover in a store , not only would it stand out you'd think to yourself no way is that an stp cover. This is what i love about the boys, they keep surprising us, and i hope they keep going with that mindset
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2010, 03:31:09 AM »
Put this art on a shirt and i'll buy it!

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2010, 04:18:24 AM »
I like the artwork, but I don't like that their name isn't on the album (again) and that the fleuron flower thing is on there again.  If they had used that flower logo throughout their career, it would obviously be different.  But using it on their 6th album (or 7th if you count Thank You) after previously using it for the first time on their 5th album... that struck me as lame.

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2010, 04:47:14 AM »
scotts solo album cover was not great this is just okay.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:47:50 AM by Junior »

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »
Quote from: "Cuatro01"
If they had used that flower logo throughout their career, it would obviously be different.  But using it on their 6th album (or 7th if you count Thank You) after previously using it for the first time on their 5th album... that struck me as lame.

It has been a trademark of theirs.

Casual fans might not recognize, but dedicated fans like us do.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2010, 04:58:15 AM »
I like it even less now that I see it isn't even an original piece of artwork.

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2010, 05:06:53 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
If they had used that flower logo throughout their career, it would obviously be different.  But using it on their 6th album (or 7th if you count Thank You) after previously using it for the first time on their 5th album... that struck me as lame.

What are you talking about?  That logo was first used on SLDD.  It has NOT been a long-time trademark of theirs.  And I'm a huge STP fan, by the way, and I have been for years and years.  Of course I recognize that fleuron logo.  I also recognize that it wasn't on Core, Purple, Tiny Music, No. 4, or even Thank You.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2010, 05:40:41 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"

What are you talking about?  That logo was first used on SLDD.  It has NOT been a long-time trademark of theirs.  And I'm a huge STP fan, by the way, and I have been for years and years.  Of course I recognize that fleuron logo.  I also recognize that it wasn't on Core, Purple, Tiny Music, No. 4, or even Thank You.

HAhahahaha  owned.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2010, 05:59:36 AM »
It's been around for 9 years (since 2001) which could be considered a long time to some (despite STP being inactive for much of that time).