September 19, 2024, 08:47:52 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124190 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #810 on: March 24, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »
Im suprised that no ones started the " request BTL" noise that there wasy with DOTW.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 24, 2010, 10:33:26 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
Am I the only one who thinks that part sounds a little bit like the start of 'Goodbye' by Army of Anyone? When it starts i'm kinda expecting Richard Patrick to kick in with 'yeeeeeah i've got that feelin in my veins'!

I said this a few pages back :-)

The intro/riff reminds me of AoA's "Goodbye", but the vocal in the verse is wwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy better (I really like Goodby's chorus). The verse is infectious, and while the chorus is not immediately catchy, it does stick with you. It is not where I would expect the vocal to go, but Scott is brilliant at that. Sometimes he misses (SBQM), but most of the time it pays of big time.

Ah, sorry didn't read through all the posts. Glad i'm not the only one hearing that,  either way both great songs  :)
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Let me go and ask the retard question, since I haven't seen anyone else ask yet:

Why can't I download it on iTunes yet?  While everyone here has been very helpful and I am beyond appreciative of all the radio rips - I want the real deal, dammit.

They're right, it's up to the band/label to sell the song on iTunes, and obviously that hasn't happened yet.

However, the version some of us got before it was taken down was a .wav file, essentially the CD rip (30 mb or something like that).  So, a lossless CD version is available.  I have it, as well as a 256vbr I made for my iPod, for whomever wants it.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »
i just checked out that intro it is kinda like that intro to AoA goodbye but BTL is in a higher key but i dont care its an amazing song, actually grows on you the more you hear it, i think BTL should be on No4 it kinda has that feel to it, i think anyway

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 25, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »
Let me go and ask the retard question, since I haven't seen anyone else ask yet:

Why can't I download it on iTunes yet?  While everyone here has been very helpful and I am beyond appreciative of all the radio rips - I want the real deal, dammit.

They're right, it's up to the band/label to sell the song on iTunes, and obviously that hasn't happened yet.

However, the version some of us got before it was taken down was a .wav file, essentially the CD rip (30 mb or something like that).  So, a lossless CD version is available.  I have it, as well as a 256vbr I made for my iPod, for whomever wants it.

Could I grab that 256vbr off you please? I have the wav file but no software to convert it and I wanna put this song on my ipod. Thanks

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 25, 2010, 06:27:33 AM »
Quote from: "tumbleintherough"
i just checked out that intro it is kinda like that intro to AoA goodbye but BTL is in a higher key but i dont care its an amazing song, actually grows on you the more you hear it, i think BTL should be on No4 it kinda has that feel to it, i think anyway

Yeah, Goodbye is essentially an A-G change (though Dean, or course, doesn't just play that), and Between the Lines is a D-C change.

Could I grab that 256vbr off you please? I have the wav file but no software to convert it and I wanna put this song on my ipod. Thanks

iTunes does it, bull I will PM you in a sec.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 25, 2010, 07:14:58 AM »
Quote from: "tumbleintherough"

Yeah, Goodbye is essentially an A-G change (though Dean, or course, doesn't just play that), and Between the Lines is a D-C change.

iTunes does it, bull I will PM you in a sec.

Thanks  8)
I never even knew ITunes could do that lol, saying that i've never been in the position of having to convert from Wav to MP3 before though

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 26, 2010, 01:30:48 AM »
I mentioned in one of my classes today how I've been burning up the WRIF phone lines to score tickets for STP. One guy asked me if I heard the new single and I said that I did and that it was alright. His reply: "It sucks."
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 26, 2010, 03:16:34 AM »
Wow he had a very intelligent reply.  You should have told him to stay in school.
Every studio tune you hear you have to visualize live and with this pumping bass line and explosive verse,chorus and bridge changes .......oh I bet it blows the roof off live.
 Specially now that its been on the airwaves for a little while now the crowd is gonna go nuts and oh I mean more nuts as the tour goes along.  It's even more exciting that it's material that many believed back in 02 would have never existed.
  hawk.

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 26, 2010, 03:22:32 AM »
^^^  preach

STP is fuckin back

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 26, 2010, 03:47:34 AM »
Between The Lines is a pretty great song when played live. The more I listen to it, the more I love it.

Though once Hickory Dichotomy is released as the next single.... Watch out, everybody. STP is going to explode, again. That song is something special.
Bleeda blooda

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 26, 2010, 03:51:13 AM »
Agreed they are and we'll be there to enjoy it....I missed it first time round  :'(
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

sfgiants_stp

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 26, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »
I haven't heard it yet but can't wait.... I listened to the 18 seconds of it and loved it....
I wish it was the day the record came out.....

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 27, 2010, 12:07:32 AM »
Whenever I listen to BTL, I get this visual of Scott doing a Dylan thing where he's standing there and he has a bunch of signs in his hands and each sign has a few lyrics on it and then he keeps flipping through the signs. Like the intro his first sign says "Lovein the sky's" then next sign says "read between the lines" and so on. Then I also imagine he's doing that when the lyrics are "3-4" then next sign says "you sell what you bought" or especially when he says "shoe-store" then next sign would be 'heard it all before" I thought I would share that with ya'll! lol  ;D

O0

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 27, 2010, 04:41:53 AM »
I've heard the song 4 times in two different radios!  ;D

One radio played a 1 hour STP special (side/solo projects included) that was very cool!
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK