July 04, 2024, 05:12:14 PM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 115085 times)

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #750 on: March 22, 2010, 11:37:12 PM »
Heard it on Saturday at work on Edge102 here in Toronto...I was listening while driving home from home depot and the dj announces...."Here Stone Temple Pilots....." and I've never been more disappointed to hear what he said next "...Interstate Love Song."

It took my me a few seconds to get over NOT hearing BTL, but oh well, classic STP is better than no STP.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 22, 2010, 11:50:27 PM »
STP's new single has the #1 position on the homepage of http://www.whjy.com in Providence. Nice banner telling you to play the new single there. No voting available though.

Here's the inside link, in case the homepage link disappears in a few days. It's got a widget linking to the official site, twitter, etc. : http://www.whjy.com/pages/stp.html

DeathbedCT

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 22, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
It's funny, I have heard it twice on my radio station (106.9 in CT) but they don't list it on the music log.  Maybe they're still afraid of getting in trouble?

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 23, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »
Seems like a lot of stations are streaming BTL ... how great so we can avoid listening to the radio.

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 23, 2010, 03:06:46 AM »
I never listen to radio and tuned into my local rock station DC101 just to see if by chance they would play BTL amd sure enough after 7 minutes of listening BTL was played. I think this song is really latching onto radio. DOW got absolutely no airplay when it debuted they were playing plush the next day instead of DOW. I think this is a good sign especially since DC101 is a pretty big rock radio channel.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 23, 2010, 03:09:29 AM »
It was on 105.5 over here in Jersey. Christina Stoffo said she's "not sold on it" or something like that... Boooooo!
adhesive love

BigBangBoy

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:51 AM »
This song is going to be a hit because:

1) It's a good song, catchy, and has mass appeal
2) First album in about 9 years so there is a lot of hype behind it.

I'd be surprised if it didn't reach #1 on the rock charts.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 23, 2010, 05:31:16 AM »
Quote from: "Volant9353"
I never listen to radio and tuned into my local rock station DC101 just to see if by chance they would play BTL amd sure enough after 7 minutes of listening BTL was played. I think this song is really latching onto radio. DOW got absolutely no airplay when it debuted they were playing plush the next day instead of DOW. I think this is a good sign especially since DC101 is a pretty big rock radio channel.
Haha greetings fellow Marylander! I never really listen to the radio either but if i do its DC101. That's awesome they've started playing it though. My friend told me he heard it on 98Rock the other day and its already on their online request list too.

By the way, I've really started to love Between The Lines. Someone mentioned earlier that its one of those songs you have to let grow on you, and I definitely agree. I wasnt a huge fan at first but the more I listen to it the more I like it. The chorus is awesome and that guitar solo is just perfect. Great vibes.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 23, 2010, 05:56:00 AM »
I haven't heard it on the radio yet. And unless they play it on NPR or my local newsradio, then I probably won't.  ;D
I rarely listen to mainstream music radio anymore.

Quote from: "kshamrock20"
Apparently, 89X in Detroit isn't so receptive.
No surprise, considering the shit they've been playing the last few years.
89X used to be so good - what a shame.

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 23, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »
Quote from: "BigBangBoy"

I'd be surprised if it didn't reach #1 on the rock charts.

It won't be that big a hit. We all love STP, but there is so much crap out there that gets far more airtime because it's more "mainstream". Hell, Papa Roach just beat out STP here in Chicago in the 1st round of Q101's March Music Madness Bracket.

As far as the song goes, I'm just thankful we've got some new STP to listen to. I will, however, say I'm not a fan of Scott's vocals (very Tangle-With-Your-Mind-esque), except for the chorus -- vocals are crazy good there.

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 23, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
I'm sorry but your wrong. This song is going to be a hit. I just got a text out of the blue from an X-GF that knows i am an STP nut, said she heard the song on DC101 the DJ's loved and she thought it rocked. She thinks muse and anything that is on the twilight soundtrack is awesome so that fact that it is clicking with her shows this song has mass appeal
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
Quote from: "Volant9353"
I'm sorry but your wrong. This song is going to be a hit. I just got a text out of the blue from an X-GF that knows i am an STP nut, said she heard the song on DC101 the DJ's loved and she thought it rocked. She thinks muse and anything that is on the twilight soundtrack is awesome so that fact that it is clicking with her shows this song has mass appeal

or maybe she just wants to get back w/ you??? lol

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #762 on: March 23, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
I haven't heard it on the radio yet. I rarely listen to mainstream music radio anymore.

Same here, but I've put up with Cleveland radio the past few days, just to see if I could catch it.  Still nothing - although - 92.3 WKRK is playing an intro:

"Hey this is Scott, Eric, Dean, and Robert, and we are Stone Temple Pilots.  Listen to our new song, Between the Lines, right here on WKRK Cleveland!"

I've heard the intro twice - both times, going right to commercial afterwards.  Haha.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 23, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
That's the same intro they played all weekend on WRXP

But at least i GOT the song after it!!  ;)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #764 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
Quote from: "Pruno315"
Quote from: "loungefly611"
No BTL yet in Chicago yet  >:(  They are playing all STP BUT that song, including Tumble In The Rough.

I havn't listened to sirius yet today. I'm sure it debuted on Octane or one of the other rock stations. Alt nation maybe?

I've heard it on 95.1 WIIL Rock which is a Kenosha station but it has Chicago's traffic reports so I think you're the intended audience.  I can get the station in Milwaukee, so you should be able to get it by you.

Awesome. I didn't know WIIL Rock was still around. I'll have to tune in.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..