September 20, 2024, 02:26:56 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124291 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
Hearing that comment from Alan Cross has raised my anticipation for this album.  That dude knows so much about rock and usually had great taste.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2010, 07:11:52 PM »
very cool... wish he'd describe the songs a bit more though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 07:12:22 PM by Garrett »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2010, 07:12:20 PM »
He does repeat some phrases and ideas in places.  Even Doug has admitted this to me.  Often times, though, it's from songs that weren't released, so only the hardcore fans would notice.

The two that stick out in my head the most are Son/Killing Me Sweetly (just one line, really) and Drop That Baby/Heed the Water Whisperer.  The latter is the one I asked Doug about and he said he didn't know specifically about these two songs borrowing from each other, but that Scott does that a lot.  Here's what I am talking about: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DFQ3665

Further, "She said she be my woman / She said she'd be my man" appears officially on "Lounge Fly" off of Purple.  However, the line originally appeared in "Spanish Flies" from the Mighty Joe Young days.

You could find this from a lot of artists, I'd bet--especially if you have unreleased songs.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
I was going to click on that link  you sent from the mega Upload but the link is temporarily unavailable. >_< What was it exactly?

O0

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
It's available when I click on it.  It's a 40 second clip I put together showing how Scott ripped himself off from "Drop That Baby" for "Heed the Water Whisperer".  Jay Gordon is the one singing in the Wondergirls song, fyi.

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »
Amazing the amount of speculation going on. We're already comparing the first single to other STP songs when we haven't heard a single bit of the new song. It could be the heaviest song they've ever written or even poppier and lighter than Days of The Week. It could be anything. Just shows you how desperate we are and how delirious we are getting ... and I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm getting just as sick as anyone else here with the anticipation.

I hoped we would have heard something new off the album by now from radio or a leak, but it looks like we're going to have to resort to some muddied, possibly distorted bootleg audio before we hear anything on the radio. It'll all start this Thursday. Someone must have a good audio recorder at those first few shows.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

jav224bmore

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »
STP plays there first show of the year on march 18, so thats when they will play new songs, so look it up on youtube you will be able to hear some new songs, you probally should make sure you use the search option (HD) im guessing yall knew this, but just incase it didnt cross your mind, i though i'd say something, so 4 more days!

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2010, 02:20:06 AM »
I am astonished that this song hasn't surfaced online. Atlantic has this thing under wraps and has far exceeded my expectations. I think this may be a good thing; even though it is killing us all. Hopefully this is an indication of the importance Atlantic is putting on this release. From their standpoint, it may be the last STP release on their label and they may want to push this record with all their might in order to attempt to lure the boys back for more future collaborations. Hopefully Atlantic realizes this album could be the rock album of the year and they are taking the requisite steps to ensure that they provide STP with the support they deserve. This is all conjecture of course, yet I hope it is all true. Fuck I want to hear this song bad.

I am afraid I will listen to a live version before the single drops on radio. Is anybody honestly interested in forming a support group? If you are resolute in your mission to hear the studio version of this tune either on the net or radio before a live version; I am with you but this journey is going to be arduous as possible. If anybody wants to team up to help each other out; sign up here!! I am in!

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2010, 04:26:24 AM »
I'm not listening to anything but the live and studio versions of Between the Lines. Preferably, the studio version will leak before Thursday, but who knows. I will not listen to anything else until May 25th!! I WILL NOT!!

....I probably will.

NO....I WON'T!! DAMMIT!
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2010, 04:31:32 AM »
They really should release the song online the day of or before SXSW so that the first version of the song fans hear is the studio version.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2010, 05:13:15 AM »
Quote from: "jav224bmore"
STP plays there first show of the year on march 18,
Which is funny because wasn't that the date of the VR show in Glasgow  that broke the band up?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

nicolecary

• BabyGurl:)
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • "Don't judge a man till you've walked his path"
    • View Profile
    • My Main Place Of Contact:
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Im counting Down The Days .lol.

So how excited r u guys about the new album?

From what I've hurd scott's vocal style is somewhat like the beatles...what do u guys think about that?
~big*bang*baby~

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
A couple more details:

Here’s the Deal with Stone Temple Pilots

If you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, you may have seen my comments over the weekend about new material from the Stone Temple Pilots.  I heard five songs from a new self-titled album that’s due on May 25th.  The first single is called—I think—“I Like It When We Talk About Love” and it is a KILLER song.  It’s classic STP, running 2 minutes and 47 seconds with the chorus hitting you in the face just 19 seconds in.  Expect to hear more about this album when STP plays South By Southwest in Austin, Texas, on Thursday and with the days dates through the weekend and into next week.  If you’ve been hoping for a full resurrection of the Stone Temple Pilots, we may just have it.

http://http://www.exploremusic.com/explore-music-radio/2010-03-15/Heres-The-Deal-Stone-Temple-Pilots-JD-Roberts-Slash
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
A couple more details:

The first single is called—I think—“I Like It When We Talk About Love” and it is a KILLER song.

Who is this guy?  A disc jockey?  And what is he talking about?  lol.  There isn't a song on the album with a name even closely resembling "I Like It When We Talk About Love."

This is boring.

Its been a dream of mine for almost 15 years to attend a STP concert and see them play something I've never heard before, as opposed to the exact same setlist they played the week/night/year before.  Everyone that's complaining about the band not releasing the single before the show is a spoiled little brat.  You're going to hear new STP before everyone else.  You're one of the luckiest bastards I can think of.  Stop bitching!   :-*
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
A couple more details:

The first single is called—I think—“I Like It When We Talk About Love” and it is a KILLER song.

Who is this guy?  A disc jockey?  And what is he talking about?  lol.  There isn't a song on the album with a name even closely resembling "I Like It When We Talk About Love."

This is boring.

Its been a dream of mine for almost 15 years to attend a STP concert and see them play something I've never heard before, as opposed to the exact same setlist they played the week/night/year before.  Everyone that's complaining about the band not releasing the single before the show is a spoiled little brat.  You're going to hear new STP before everyone else.  You're one of the luckiest bastards I can think of.  Stop bitching!   :-*

He's a well-known alternative music critic from Canada.  He's a legit source.  More than likely "I like it when we talk about love," is a prominent lyric in "Between the Lines" and that is why he is making the mistake.