September 19, 2024, 07:34:25 PM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124254 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #795 on: March 24, 2010, 11:40:25 AM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
Am I the only one who thinks that part sounds a little bit like the start of 'Goodbye' by Army of Anyone? When it starts i'm kinda expecting Richard Patrick to kick in with 'yeeeeeah i've got that feelin in my veins'!

I said this a few pages back :-)

The intro/riff reminds me of AoA's "Goodbye", but the vocal in the verse is wwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy better (I really like Goodby's chorus). The verse is infectious, and while the chorus is not immediately catchy, it does stick with you. It is not where I would expect the vocal to go, but Scott is brilliant at that. Sometimes he misses (SBQM), but most of the time it pays of big time.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 24, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
Quote from: "Slim Jim"
Here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PWGNDP9I

THANKS SJ!!!!!!!

hawk.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 24, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun92"
I've only heard it once on Chicago's Q101 and that was today. Maybe I just don't listen to radio enough but it seems like they haven't played it very much at all.

I have heard Vasoline 3 times Interstate Love Song once and Sex Type Thing once during the past two days though.

I think the song is not supposed to be played in the regular rotation until the week of March 29.  So give it a few more days.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #798 on: March 24, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun92"
I've only heard it once on Chicago's Q101 and that was today. Maybe I just don't listen to radio enough but it seems like they haven't played it very much at all.

I have heard Vasoline 3 times Interstate Love Song once and Sex Type Thing once during the past two days though.

They play a good amount of STP daily, anywhere from 5-8 songs usually. Maybe more. Once it gets in the regular rotation for new songs, they will play it. They played it today around 1:00 AM.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #799 on: March 24, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »
Let me go and ask the retard question, since I haven't seen anyone else ask yet:

Why can't I download it on iTunes yet?  While everyone here has been very helpful and I am beyond appreciative of all the radio rips - I want the real deal, dammit.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 24, 2010, 04:23:35 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Why can't I download it on iTunes yet?  While everyone here has been very helpful and I am beyond appreciative of all the radio rips - I want the real deal, dammit.

It hasn't been released to iTunes yet. Once they start taking pre-orders and whatnot, I would imagine it would be released then.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #801 on: March 24, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

It hasn't been released to iTunes yet. Once they start taking pre-orders and whatnot, I would imagine it would be released then.

Thank you, lovah.  Second retard question: How about the radio promo?
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 24, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »

I'm assuming the song will be on itunes March 30th when it's actually "released"
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 24, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"

I'm assuming the song will be on itunes March 30th when it's actually "released"

Good call. I bet you are correct in that assumption.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:25 PM »
Yet another STP song that has the word "sunday" in it.

See this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442&hilit=sunday+lyrics

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 24, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »
Quote from: "kravdog"
Quote from: "Volant9353"
I'm sorry but your wrong. This song is going to be a hit. I just got a text out of the blue from an X-GF that knows i am an STP nut, said she heard the song on DC101 the DJ's loved and she thought it rocked. She thinks muse and anything that is on the twilight soundtrack is awesome so that fact that it is clicking with her shows this song has mass appeal

or maybe she just wants to get back w/ you??? lol

That sounds a bit more feasible, haha. Look, I'm not dissing my favorite band. Hell, I WANT this to be a hit. A top-of-the-charts STP song is much deserved and overdue. I hope i am wrong, just giving my thoughts

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 24, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
the chorus is great in hickory dichotomy but what's the deal with the verses? sounds like weiland is talking rather than singing

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 24, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »
huckleberry crumble sounds great! it reminds me of mighty joe young

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 24, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »
Check out the main page of the radio "rock&pop" from here  
http://www.fmrockandpop.com/index.php

"STP new song" is the main news item! The second, Axl in Argentina. Although I haven't heard Between the Lines on the radio yet, but I'm not always listening to the radio...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 24, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
Mad props to 101 WRIF in Detroit. They have continued to play this song once every 4 hours. Our other station 89X has been playing Vasoline and Tripping instead while promoting the STP show here in a week. This makes no fucking sense and shows how stupid 89X truly is. STP has a new song out dipshits; if you are promoting their new show then play their new song! these are the same two songs they choose to play yesterday.  I never listen to the radio anymore but have started to at work due to the release of this single. It is fun to track its progress.