July 07, 2024, 10:54:14 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 115520 times)

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #735 on: March 22, 2010, 03:36:29 PM »
Quote from: "ArnoldLayne"
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
i never could figure out why everyone is always so down on days of the week. to me, that song sounds like classic stp. the structure of the song is fantastic. and it is just as "hard" as between the lines. it's catchier and has a better guitar riff.

I think the problem was that it kind of lacked the energy that they seem to have in their first singles.  "Sex Type Thing", "Vasoline", "Big Bang Baby", "Down", "Days of the Week", "Between the Lines".  I think DOTW stands out not only as the weakest song in the group, but also the least representative of the album (I'll just assume about the forthcoming STP), as well as the least energy, attitude, and edge.

IMHO "Days of the week" was just boring (as a first single), for me it lacks passion & edge...Or maybe I was just so blown away by "Down". Its a stand-out track. The riff in the beginning is killer.

Coma would have been a great single... Such a killer song!

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 22, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
Quote from: "Slither"
."really like to fish but dont like superficial people" - also defnitely my favorite line of the song

mine too, along with crocodile sunday (there can't be an stp album without that word:)) smile, I fucking love his slightly silly voice in that part
I had the midwife naked and alone

PhoenixFiles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 22, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »
Just finished listening the "official" premiere...

I always wondered what would make me break down and use a Twitter account...

My first tweet, announcing the return of STP, that works...

If you tweet:
@Phoenix_Files
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 22, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »
Quote from: "kravdog"
Coma would have been a great single... Such a killer song!

Agreed. That's a cool rocker, one of my top faves from SLDD!!  ;D
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 22, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"
This morning Matt Pinfield on WRXP played the single every hour on the hour during his Morning show ;D

Nice! I wish I was back in Jersey to hear Matt's show. WRXP is a great station. Did he happen to say anything about the song?

Not when I heard it (at the 9:00 hour). He could have....
i'm sure once STP does the press junket for the CD they'll hit up Matt.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #740 on: March 22, 2010, 07:45:14 PM »
No BTL yet in Chicago yet  >:(  They are playing all STP BUT that song, including Tumble In The Rough.

I havn't listened to sirius yet today. I'm sure it debuted on Octane or one of the other rock stations. Alt nation maybe?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 22, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »
Can someone post a non Twitter link? I need to send the song to a buddy but he refuses to use Twitter LOL. All of the links I have seen the past few days seem to be down.

Shmirtle

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 22, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
http://rockitoutblog.com/2010/03/21/lis ... the-lines/

I have been using this site to listen to the song all day. So far no problems and no twitter.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »
Cool, thanks. It works well.

Pruno315

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 22, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
No BTL yet in Chicago yet  >:(  They are playing all STP BUT that song, including Tumble In The Rough.

I havn't listened to sirius yet today. I'm sure it debuted on Octane or one of the other rock stations. Alt nation maybe?

I've heard it on 95.1 WIIL Rock which is a Kenosha station but it has Chicago's traffic reports so I think you're the intended audience.  I can get the station in Milwaukee, so you should be able to get it by you.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 22, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »
The douche on 89x in Detroit said the feedback is he getting is that fans either love it or hate it. He then proceeded to state that some people think STP should have stayed down. He said certain bands best is behind them and that sometimes bands you like need to stop making records. He said he hasn't heard it yet and will play it in a minute in order to decide. Sounds harsh. Apparently, 89X in Detroit isn't so receptive.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 22, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »
I think the song sounds better on the radio. I am liking it more and more and I liked it originally. He said he thinks fans will like  this one.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 22, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »
Seems like his listeners are split on the song. He said there were some haters. Seriously, how can you absolutely despise the song? It isn't a horrible crap song. It seems as though this song is not blowing people away and instead may have to grow on them. I will admit as a die hard STP nut, this song didn't blow me away either. I don't think it has that blow away quality to it that some were expecting. But I do think it is one of those tunes that will get better with time. If this song flops this will be a horrible dissapointment. I hope it breaks into the top 10 on Billboard's rock charts. I hope! I hope! If this song flops, what will that mean for this band? I think it has too much radio charm to flop out.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 22, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »
Itsounds like Green Day!!! WTF!!! WE WANT CORE!!!

from some tool on ultimate-guitar.com, typical.

I almost wanna make an account and reply it couldn't be cause green day doesnt know what a guitar solo is.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 22, 2010, 10:22:27 PM »
I cant believe how many stupid people are out there.  Cant see this song being a flop, probably wont be a mega hit but it should hit #1 on one of lame rcok charts.

Seems like its getting good play at the EDGE in Toronto, just checked there playlist today and they played BTL 4-5 times between 2am to 6pm, not bad.