October 04, 2024, 03:34:27 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 126117 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #675 on: March 20, 2010, 08:52:26 PM »
I've been thinking about why I love this song as a single, and I came to this conclusion... After nearly ten years since their last single, you'd expect them to release something along the lines of Down. Sort of a balls to the wall hard rock "We're back song." Instead, they released a vintage STP experimental rock song. It's a rocker yes, but completely outside of the box of what you'd expect from a "reunion" album. I think it's very much what they would have written now if they had spent the last 7 years as STP and didn't have to deal with the "we're back" PR. They're ignoring PR and diving right back into song writting. So whenever I listen to it I get this feeling like they're kicking the critics square in the pants.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »
Quote from: "Strange-Content"
Anyone have the song in a mp3 file? I downloaded the wav and I'm listening to it now, but I want it on my iPod.

I really like the way this song flows and it's likely to be on repeat for the rest of the week. Possibly month.~~~

Obviously, you use iTunes... Just right click the song, and click on "Convert to MP3" and depending on your settings (the kbps), the wav file should (and will) convert to an MP3... Not a big issue, iTunes is your best friend for converting files.
-Bill_

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »
Quote from: "cosmicpilot"
Can I just give a big up to STPGurl for the link for the song.  Much appreciated.

;D

The .wav link I provided is much better. It gives the user a chance to convert the file to their liking. Just download the big .wav file and go from there............
-Bill_

Bugaha

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 20, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
6.5 out of 10.

Sounds like something that came off of the cutting room floor of Libertad.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 20, 2010, 11:01:39 PM »
This song is getting plenty of airplay in Detroit. I heard it four times from 11am-4pm today flipping between 89x and the Wrif. I just hope it continues and is another Vasoline instead of Hollywood Bitch (still don't know why this tune wasn't a hit).

everylilwhore

« Reply #680 on: March 20, 2010, 11:08:51 PM »
Quote from: "justbill"
Can I just give a big up to STPGurl for the link for the song.  Much appreciated.

;D

The .wav link I provided is much better. It gives the user a chance to convert the file to their liking. Just download the big .wav file and go from there............

Very true. Thank you for that man. I enjoying having a choice in how I convert my files, so it is greatly appreciated.

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 20, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
Wow...play count in my iTunes: 43

Now it's number 3 most played!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 21, 2010, 12:15:47 AM »
When is that single coming out.?

Whazup

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 21, 2010, 02:37:07 AM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Is it just me or does Dean play a bit of opening line from "All in the Suit.." around the 47 & 56 second marks?  Maybe I've just been listening to the song too much :)

yeah i think its the same notes as the start of All In The Suit...

but it sounds awesome in BTL

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 21, 2010, 02:47:51 AM »
Quote from: "Strange-Content"
Anyone have the song in a mp3 file? I downloaded the wav and I'm listening to it now, but I want it on my iPod.

I really like the way this song flows and it's likely to be on repeat for the rest of the week. Possibly month.~~~

Here's the mp3 from radio station.   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRH7I36E

better if you make your own mp3 from the wav with  mkw toolkit   just hold ctrl and drag and drop in the box and you can even make it at 320kb/s

hawk

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 21, 2010, 03:08:19 AM »
Quote from: "Garrett"
I guess it's similar to BBB in that the bridge is a Nirvana homage (seriously, listen to Stay Away) just like BBB's chorus is a Rolling Stones homage (Jumpin' Jack Flash)

Not trying to be a dick but you can call it "homage" all you want, but really there's no overlooking the fact they ripped the song off for Big Bang Baby.

~Jeremy~

ryutahellhound

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 21, 2010, 04:13:03 AM »
Is it me or does it sound like he says "Camels don't fly" at the beginning of the second verse?
Favorite STP Song At The Moment- Where the River Goes

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #687 on: March 21, 2010, 04:21:45 AM »
SO EXCITED!!  I downloaded it, and converted it to an .mp3, so now I can listen to it on my ipod, YAY!  :)
04/12/11: Kings of Leon w/Band of Horses
05/18/11: Avenged Sevenfold
08/16/11: STP @ Austin City Limits Live
03/7/12: Radiohead
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend ....

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #688 on: March 21, 2010, 05:47:56 AM »
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"
Well......

Had a dance with 'Mary Jane'
Played 'Between The Lines' again and again

Great minds think alike - I handled the situation the same way.  lol.  Its the only way TO handle something like that.
Quote from: "justbill"

;D

You're welcome, cosmic.  I can't take credit, though, I just supplied another link in case the first went down.

Not everyone knows how to convert files - I wasn't trying to enter an audio competition, just sharing the wealth! Haha.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2010, 05:56:48 AM »
I never thought "penguins" and "camels" sounded alike until now. Haha. Neither one takes flight. With Scott, anything is possible - your guess is as good as mine.

I'm sure Cori will think he says the opposite of whatever I think. lol
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!