October 04, 2024, 03:21:36 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 126114 times)

Bartman

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #660 on: March 20, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »
Seriously.... Singing about eye full towers & never trusting dirty liars. And how you should keep your bankroll lottery, eat your salad day, deathbed motorcade.

If that makes any sense, then I guess I don't comprehend the English language at all.

As for me though, I like it when we talk about love.  :-*[/quote]
STP is a surrealist band. Scott's lyrics are stream of consciousness (unconscousness). He is Bipolar and his music is cathartic. That's what makes it art. I think their best songs are the ones that aren't so concrete. >:D

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 20, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »
I guess it's similar to BBB in that the bridge is a Nirvana homage (seriously, listen to Stay Away) just like BBB's chorus is a Rolling Stones homage (Jumpin' Jack Flash)

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 20, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »
well i have finally digested the new tunes listened to them all at least 10 times a piece.  i have a couple friends of mine that are stp fans of course not on the level as all of us here but, their first reaction was wow these songs are awful or they just have to grow on me.  i mean it has been 9 years since we heard new stp, how much have we changed in 9 years i would guess a lot.  9 years ago i was a sophomore in high school. now im getting married and have a 3 month yr old baby.  i think we all have a perspective of what stp should sound like, and im am guilty of wanting another instant classic.  i mean look at the difference between no,4 and sldd.  those are two different worlds.  i like btl..and after listening to bagman a few times its a great song as well.  i truly beilive this will be their second best album after purple in my mind at least.  when the studio cuts arrive of all these songs i think a lot of people ..including the average stp will truly love it.  

off subject but is anyone wonder how many views this site has had in the past 48 hours or is it just me.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 20, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
WRXP in NYC is already playing it, with a cool little introduction by the boys  ;D
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 20, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »
I LOVE THE SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 20, 2010, 07:49:19 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
Quote from: "Shangri"
Guess this is the single artwork

Found it here http://beverlyhillstimes.blogspot.com/2 ... -back.html

I like that better than the regular artwork.
me too.

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 20, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »
any news on a music video i would love to see a making the video on mtv.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 20, 2010, 08:09:27 PM »
Well......

Had a dance with 'Mary Jane'
Played 'Between The Lines' again and again

I am loving the song. Very upbeat and HIGHLY catchy. I really don't agree with the Nirvana thing. Nirvana was not the first thing that came to mind when i first heard it. The song is a bit Rolling Stones...a bit Kinks...a dash of Beatles...a smidge of glam...and a shit load of STP! I never expect any of my favorite bands to continue the same path of sound. I do expect them to expand and experiment while at the same time deliver the 'SOUND' that identifies them. I believe STP has done that with this song. I'm the STP fan that has gone along for the wonderful ride of each album...meaning i believe that each release is a movement for the band and they wanna take us along with them. Sure...they wear their influences proudly (Zep, Beatles, Doors,Bowie, Stones...)...but, they don't do it like a local cover band. They add an originality that is totally, 100% STP. And...they do it unlike any other band out there.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 20, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
Can I just give a big up to STPGurl for the link for the song.  Much appreciated.

;D
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 20, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
Is it just me or does Dean play a bit of opening line from "All in the Suit.." around the 47 & 56 second marks?  Maybe I've just been listening to the song too much :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Bartman

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:33 PM »
Quote from: "XxCollinsxX"
well i have finally digested the new tunes listened to them all at least 10 times a piece.  i have a couple friends of mine that are stp fans of course not on the level as all of us here but, their first reaction was wow these songs are awful or they just have to grow on me.  i mean it has been 9 years since we heard new stp, how much have we changed in 9 years i would guess a lot.  9 years ago i was a sophomore in high school. now im getting married and have a 3 month yr old baby.  i think we all have a perspective of what stp should sound like, and im am guilty of wanting another instant classic.  i mean look at the difference between no,4 and sldd.  those are two different worlds.  i like btl..and after listening to bagman a few times its a great song as well.  i truly beilive this will be their second best album after purple in my mind at least.  when the studio cuts arrive of all these songs i think a lot of people ..including the average stp will truly love it.  

off subject but is anyone wonder how many views this site has had in the past 48 hours or is it just me.

Yes, things do change. That's why I'm so frustrated with the music industry now. Music is being made to appeal to listeners in the first 30 seconds so they will buy individual songs. Songs that are created to meet such a demand are usually shallow. Bands will stop making complex songs and albums that mature over time (for the listener). I can't remember how many times I have bought an album and haven't been impressed with a couple of songs only to have those songs end up to be my favorites (lounge fly, hollywood bitch,seven caged tigers). Tell your friends when their listening tastes mature they may be better able to appreciate qulity music instead of record lable forced songs and bands. Just my $.45 (inflation).

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 20, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
Anyone have the song in a mp3 file? I downloaded the wav and I'm listening to it now, but I want it on my iPod.

I really like the way this song flows and it's likely to be on repeat for the rest of the week. Possibly month.~~~

TLee05

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 20, 2010, 08:39:51 PM »
Hearing this single and the live streams of some of the new songs, I get the impression that this is very much an album for STP fans.  I don't think they're trying to broaden the scope of their audience, they're writing music that they can enjoy with their existing fanbase.

That being said, I'm diggin' the new single!  It's very Tiny Music.  It kind of reminds me of Tumble in the Rough.  It just needs a gritty Danelectro in the mix!

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 20, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
PM me your Email addy
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
Quote from: "TLee05"
Hearing this single and the live streams of some of the new songs, I get the impression that this is very much an album for STP fans.  I don't think they're trying to broaden the scope of their audience, they're writing music that they can enjoy with their existing fanbase.

That being said, I'm diggin' the new single!  It's very Tiny Music.  It kind of reminds me of Tumble in the Rough.  It just needs a gritty Danelectro in the mix!

I am loving this song and I think it also has a BBB vibe to it as well.  Can't wait to see the video to this!