October 04, 2024, 09:34:59 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 126136 times)

Brad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #570 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »
Quote from: "tumbleintherough"
can someone send me the mp3 of between the lines the whole song of course gay youtube goes and deletes the dam thing just now, i appreciate it thanks

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group. "

Looks like management is cracking down

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 19, 2010, 11:39:27 PM »
I don't see why they care about removing it. Radio stations are claiming to have it and premiere it this evening. Even though it has already been premiered.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 19, 2010, 11:42:06 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "loungefly90"
no, it isnt 35 minutes long, but i keep hearing all over the place that most songs are under 3 minutes, just like Between the lines. I miss the old days, i really do. I really disagree with Scott when he stated that this album is back to the "core-roots" im failing to see the relationship between BTL and naked sunday, piece of pie and wicked garden. Those are rock songs... BTL is a rock-star song with flash and flare and more drugs. I wish that after 8 years of not releasing a new song that they wouldve calmed down and written something with more essence. Of course i will get the record and stp has been / will always be my favorite group, but i feel the band that made purple and this band seem to be 2 different groups

It's because you're used to old STP... it's been almost a full decade.
Give it some time to grow on you - the boys are all much more mature, musically, now than they were before.  I think it's classic STP at their finest - from the guitar solo to the lyrics - I bet after a few listens you'll change your tune.

Exactly....besides, when was STP ever putting out ridiculously long songs to radio?  A lot of their hits are around the2:30 to 3:30 minute mark which is about right.  Vasoline is 2:54, Interstate Love Song is 3:13, Big Bang Baby is 3:22, Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart is 2:55, Days of the Week is 2:36, Hollywood Bitch is 2:43, Unglued is 2:34...it's all of a sudden a problem now?  Only Core had long songs, so I don't get it.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 19, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
Anyone have a link they can PM me to an mp3 version?  I missed the first run (was on honeymoon) but I am now back and would love a listen.  Thanks guys.  

-A

S.I.N

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 19, 2010, 11:45:58 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
no, it isnt 35 minutes long, but i keep hearing all over the place that most songs are under 3 minutes, just like Between the lines. I miss the old days, i really do. I really disagree with Scott when he stated that this album is back to the "core-roots" im failing to see the relationship between BTL and naked sunday, piece of pie and wicked garden. Those are rock songs... BTL is a rock-star song with flash and flare and more drugs. I wish that after 8 years of not releasing a new song that they wouldve calmed down and written something with more essence. Of course i will get the record and stp has been / will always be my favorite group, but i feel the band that made purple and this band seem to be 2 different groups

Give it some time to grow on you - the boys are all much more mature, musically, now than they were before.  I think it's classic STP at their finest - from the guitar solo to the lyrics - I bet after a few listens you'll change your tune.

Exactly....besides, when was STP ever putting out ridiculously long songs to radio?  A lot of their hits are around the2:30 to 3:30 minute mark which is about right.  Vasoline is 2:54, Interstate Love Song is 3:13, Big Bang Baby is 3:22, Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart is 2:55, Days of the Week is 2:36, Hollywood Bitch is 2:43, Unglued is 2:34...it's all of a sudden a problem now?  Only Core had long songs, so I don't get it.

I wouldn't have an issue with the length at all if it touched the quality of those songs listed. I have a feeling there are going to be songs on the record that may not be "radio" songs that will blow this song out of the water... at least that hope remains!

kuhnhound

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 19, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
I would like a PM regarding the mP3 as well, if it's no trouble :D

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 19, 2010, 11:50:56 PM »
The only thing i really don't like is the thing they start and end with and use as a transition into everything...it just doesn't sound good.

jav224bmore

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 19, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »
Quote from: "S.I.N"
Quote from: "lovemachine97"

I wouldn't have an issue with the length at all if it touched the quality of those songs listed. I have a feeling there are going to be songs on the record that may not be "radio" songs that will blow this song out of the water... at least that hope remains!

He didnt even say the album was gunna sound like the Core-era, they actually said if fans are expectiing another plush they will be let down, in 2003 Scott said they were gunna make an album that went back to there core sound, but that never happened the band broke up, that was 7 years ago, so far i like what im hearing there going back to there roots in my opinion, you know bands they were influence by, in the 3 songs i heard, oh and yeah whats the big deal with the length of there songs its been like that for years with them, all a sudden its a problem, let the music grow on you first

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 19, 2010, 11:55:50 PM »
I think that STP has done what they have done their previous 5 albums.

And that is....

Never repeating the same thing twice. The (parts of) 4 songs that we've heard sound nothing like anything STP has done before. And it's great.
Bleeda blooda

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2010, 11:56:24 PM »
Penguins don't fly
Crocodile Sunday smile
Really love to fish
but don't like superficial people
Shoe store
We've heard it all before
From pearly whites to pearly gates
What do we have to argue bout?

For sure, yo.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 19, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »
Special treat I just whipped up 4 ya as well!!!!!!!

http://http://belowempty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5596

or at the end of megaupload dot com just add        /?d=FIPAILMC

LOVIN LIFE,
Hawk.

Curtis1158

« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2010, 11:59:50 PM »
Link is temporarily unavailable. FYI.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #582 on: March 20, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y5FU9PP4

Same as Lazy Divey's - just uploaded it for others in case one went down.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 20, 2010, 12:19:06 AM »

I wouldn't have taken what he said literally - didn't Kretzy say something similar?  It might mean their approach and attitude.  Having said that a lot of Core is big, loud and in some cases (excuse the pun) a bit too overbloated and long (maybe Crackerman is the exception.)   So yes I see what you are saying - nothing with flash and flare.  Meatplow is one of my favourite songs, and it's the total opposite.  This is slightly more towards Pop's Love Suicide and Big Bang Baby, but even they are much rawer sounding songs, less sheen.  
To me Core is just one string to their bow so to speak - it's the production that makes the songs - the drum sound (which was a common factor in the 90's) are prominent in the foreground.  Loud in your face.  They never ever did anything like it again.  Personally IF I had heard Core before Tiny Music or even Number 4 then I wouldn't have got so much into them.  It's not a very diverse album in terms of texture, but it's one of a kind.  However If you look at the band influences then the Core album is surely the odd one out.  That's why I value Purple as such a great album, because of their development.  Another Core would have bored me in terms of material/songs.  Hearing the production again to other songs would be interesting.  
Purple had such a mixture of tunes, as does Tiny and so on.   I've always thought that about Pearl Jam's Ten - it's not a fun record, it's very serious sounding, listen to their later albums and they are almost a completely different band - garage/rock fun songs followed by 3 or 4 acoustic numbers.  

However everyone is different, I accept that - this sounds more like Tiny Music and Libertad combined - and yes I did say Libertad (if this was from that album it would be getting more criticism.) there's nothing wrong with that album, it's closer to where Scott and the boys are creative wise than back in the Core days.
Also - the middle part might be playing homage to Nirvana, or maybe they are even being slightly sarcastic.  Especially as Dean lets rip into a solo straight after.  Could you imagine Nirvana (who were of course a good band, i'm not denying that) doing so?  Absolutely not.  That's not what they stood for.  
Overall a very decent song - not brilliant, but catchy and uplifting and I have a feeling when you put it into context with the rest of the material it will stand up.  Also remember that there are 8 other songs, and I have a feeling a few of them will be a bit more experimental so to speak.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »
Love the song...don't think it's AMAZING...but, i do love it.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'