September 20, 2024, 05:35:22 PM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124499 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 07:53:39 PM »
Quote from: "Virgojams"
I highly disagree with the person who said Shangri was their worst collective effort. Each STP album including Shangri was a gem! I think maybe the new album might have a Tiny Music vibe to it to which I wouldn't mind at all. Loved that album! They could have a 60's rocker, 80's rocker, a 50's rocker, hip hop etc I don't care, we're getting new STP and that's all that matters so be happY!

Agreed, that's what makes STP exciting for me since you never know what kind of album you are going to get.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »
I highly disagree with the person who said Shangri was their worst collective effort. Each STP album including Shangri was a gem! I think maybe the new album might have a Tiny Music vibe to it to which I wouldn't mind at all. Loved that album! They could have a 60's rocker, 80's rocker, a 50's rocker, hip hop etc I don't care, we're getting new STP and that's all that matters so be happY!

Based on some of the early reviews, it seems like the album will be a continual progression of the SLDD and AOA sound which is never a bad thing :).  Although I'm hoping for some of the rolling stone swagger on Tiny Music and I want another Sax solo!! :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"

Agreed, that's what makes STP exciting for me since you never know what kind of album you are going to get.

Yep, the only thing we know for sure is that this album will sound different than anything they've done before, as was the case with their 5 previous albums.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »
Usually, when FMQB lists music for a certain date [such as 3.30.10] then to be honest, in the radio world... It's supposed to make an "impact" by the 30th, now having said all of that radio stations should get the single on the 22nd-23rd, the larger markets/cities may even see the track next week. Not that I want a leak, but this just has "early leak" written all over it. Usually iTunes/Amazon are good for tracks on the their debut days, so keep an eye out for that. Either way, I never thought I'd once be talking about Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains in 2010... This is an incredible time for us rock fans.
-Bill_

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
Quote from: "Ivy"

Yep, the only thing we know for sure is that this album will sound different than anything they've done before, as was the case with their 5 previous albums.

I loved each of the albums a lot, if they did the same sound over and over... I don't think I'd appreciate their music as much as I do nowadays. Just saying.
-Bill_

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »
i would love it if this album had a tiny music vibe running through it thats my favorite record from the 90s to this day, but no matter what i know this album is gonna blow me away, all stp albums do

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:44 AM »
Quote from: "tumbleintherough"
i would love it if this album had a tiny music vibe running through it
Amen to that!
STP: August 21 and 23 2001. June 14 and 16 2010.
VR: Jan 2005, June 2005, March 2008.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2010, 03:21:57 AM »
Q103 Albany is a radio station, I am assuming in New York, I was too excited to look up the details because their official site is claiming that they are airing a world premier of Between the Lines Monday at 10am. The downfall of this press release is that they don't clarify which Monday. Are they refering to tommorow? One would assume right? If they are alluding to a Monday in three weeks, you would think they would state the date as well. Anyways, do you guys think this is it? Tommorow morning!! 10am!! Check out their site guys and tell me what you think. It's a horrible press release and doesn't give a date. It was posted only hours ago which makes me wonder why they didn't substitute the word tommorow for Monday. Anyhow, lets cross those fingers!

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 03:42:47 AM »
We need some people ready to record this tomorrow just in case this is the real deal. I'm very skeptical, very hopeful, very excited for ]Between the Lines[

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »
I just did a search and found that Q103 Albany also posted this news on their Facebook page a few hours ago... it seems like this could be it

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
I saw the Facebook post as well and a tweet. I just wished they would have said tommorow or given the date. My fingers are so crossed. Can anybody record this? Their update states that the single will be released tommorow. I really hope this isn't a false report. If it is true, we could be hearing the song on our local stations tommorow as well. SHIT!!

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 03:53:00 AM »
I will be able to listen, and I asked 103's FB if it is tomorrow or not. To those that want to record it, here you go: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/compute ... -for-free/

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 03:59:44 AM »
Ha-ha, that was you? I also asked, apparently just after you did! Here is to hoping! Cheers mate!

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 04:12:56 AM »
Oooh wow!! I pretty much check Below Empty as much as possible but I will definitely make sure to do so tomorrow morning!!! I really hope that "Monday" means tomorrow
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2010, 04:15:14 AM »
small world! i was hesitant about joining the group, my friends would think i'm weird for being a fan of station we dont get on the radio. but it's in the name of stp, so it wasn't too hard a choice.