September 20, 2024, 05:27:50 PM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124498 times)

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #390 on: March 18, 2010, 01:48:42 AM »
The music sounds cool, Scott's tone sounds pretty cool, however I'm a little worried about that vocal melody. It doesn't seem that unique. I always appreciated his ability to make a catchy hook without being overly repetitious.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2010, 02:02:27 AM »
Quote from: "kshamrock20"
I hope so, it seems outdated and a bit plain. A website is key in this day and age and plays an important role in helping new fans procure STP related interest.

They've never had a good site, not like it mattered BelowEmpty has been around forever in one form or another, and it's one of the best (if not the best) band/fan sites for any band.  

STP also needs to work on their merchandise...  they've had a few nice shirts and items over the years, but for the most part it's all poorly designed shit.  Velvet Revolver had some great shirts/artwork though.  So hopefully this tour STP can finally start selling cool items.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2010, 03:27:34 AM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
STP also needs to work on their merchandise...  they've had a few nice shirts and items over the years, but for the most part it's all poorly designed shit.  Velvet Revolver had some great shirts/artwork though.  So hopefully this tour STP can finally start selling cool items.

I partially agree. Recently the stuff has been crap (cept "STP wants you!"). Older merch, like the heads on sticks, "funny these day" and others have been solid. My umber one rule is avoid black. I hate black shirts and sweatshirts. Occasionally it's alright, but usually it just comes off as sleazy and generic rocker.

pilothead

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2010, 04:45:08 AM »
I believe I just had a bit of a pre-ejaculation...  ;D
t~RoY

\"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend\" - Scott Weiland

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2010, 05:11:38 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Regardless of sales I think this album will be far more relavent than Shangri LA DEE DA.
Yeah it definitely should be. Look at Black Gives Way To Blue, it hasn't even gone Gold yet and Check My Brain and Your Decision have both been huge on rock radio nationwide. They definitely succeeded in having a "comeback" album, not just a good "first album in x amount of years." I'm excited for STP to follow suit  8)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

MC.

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »
That was god awful.

ht

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
welcome back, richard patrick!

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »
Quote from: "MC."
That was god awful.

You know i respect your opinion and all but do you really think its that bad? i've played this for plenty of people  today and the majority thought "wtf is this shit??" and the others thought it was ok and my little nephew thought it was She Builds Quick Machines....
being a big fan you kinda want everyone to like it but remember its only a 20 second clip
I have to say i LOVE the music but the only part that kinda turned me off on it was Scott..
I just hope the rest of the album kicks ass since i don't really have big hope on singles.
Alice in chains BGWTB was fuckin great and i really enjoyed Check My Brain as their single, i just hope STP has the success AIC is having.
If you only knew..

everylilwhore

« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »
Quote from: "purpleflowers"
Thanks, BE, for providing us with this little teaser!   :-*

The clip is amazing!!!!  It will be the "song" running through my head now!  I would really love to hear the entire song!  I'm so excited about the new cd!  I'm sure it will be everything I've hoped for and then some!!  It looks like this cd will be worth the years of waiting!  I'm betting it will debut at #1!!!!    ;D
Anybody know what else debuts that week?  As long as some shitty pop artist/rapper doesn't release something they can do it.  I see the new album debuting with somewhere between 150k-200k sold first week and going Gold at some point.  Regardless of sales I think this album will be far more relavent than Shangri LA DEE DA.

I think you are crazy with those numbers, but who knows.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"

The clip is amazing!!!!  It will be the "song" running through my head now!  I would really love to hear the entire song!  I'm so excited about the new cd!  I'm sure it will be everything I've hoped for and then some!!  It looks like this cd will be worth the years of waiting!  I'm betting it will debut at #1!!!!    ;D
Anybody know what else debuts that week?  As long as some shitty pop artist/rapper doesn't release something they can do it.  I see the new album debuting with somewhere between 150k-200k sold first week and going Gold at some point.  Regardless of sales I think this album will be far more relavent than Shangri LA DEE DA.

Seriously.  That might have been the case 10 years ago, but nowadays those numbers are hard to come by.  Somebody mentioned AIC earlier... two rock radio hits, and they're still not gold.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2010, 03:28:14 PM »
That was god awful.

You are so predictable it's like you're transparent.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
Quote from: "kshamrock20"
Matt Pinfield and Leslie Framm will be debuting the single Monday Morning on WRXP here in the Big Apple

Any idea about what time? Wondering if I can hit their website audio before work to hear it live.
I'm not sure BUT if I could take a guess I would say between 8:15 and 8:45 only because he does the UK bands and Cover me and stuff like that at 8:50-ish in the morning. PLUS they want "drivetime" people to hear it.

If not they stream on the net http://www.1019rxp.com/
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"

x2.

Where did you even come up with those numbers, Brett?  Had some leftover from last period math class?   :P  ;D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »
I think 1st week sales of 100,000 - 120,000 personally.

They might scrape a no.1 if nobody big releases that week, but I think that's very unlikely.

But top 5 definite.

MC.

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
That was god awful.

You know i respect your opinion and all but do you really think its that bad? i've played this for plenty of people  today and the majority thought "wtf is this shit??" and the others thought it was ok and my little nephew thought it was She Builds Quick Machines....
being a big fan you kinda want everyone to like it but remember its only a 20 second clip
I have to say i LOVE the music but the only part that kinda turned me off on it was Scott..
I just hope the rest of the album kicks ass since i don't really have big hope on singles.
Alice in chains BGWTB was fuckin great and i really enjoyed Check My Brain as their single, i just hope STP has the success AIC is having.

The music wasn't that bad, but the lyrics were terrible, and I wasn't too keen on the whole sound. It sounds alot more like Velvet Revolver then STP. I was really hoping for more of a No. 4 type sound from the new album, but I suppose i'll just have to wait and see, hopefully the full version of this song sounds alot better then this.

So no, I didn't think it was that bad, but compared to their old stuff it definitely wasn't good. Agh, those lyrics!

ht