September 20, 2024, 07:54:47 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124317 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
We only had the rights to digitally download the single.  Of course when
I went to get the link it was unavailable, to which I then called the
record label and got the remix story which we then relayed on air.

Hopefully something great will come out of this, because the label has
egg on its face as well as many radio stations nationally. We were not
the only ones to promote a world premiere.  

I hope that you will continue to listen to Q103. I promise when we get
the entire CD we will play it immediately and (as of right now) the
premiere of the single on 3/22.

Rob
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
How can more than one radio station have a world premiere anyway?

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"

I don't get why they would advertise about them playing the new single, when they didn't even have it in their hands.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
Quote from: "Pingfah"
How can more than one radio station have a world premiere anyway?

And how come we didn't hear about any other radio station premiering it? The story has too many holes in it.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"

I don't get why they would advertise about them playing the new single, when they didn't even have it in their hands.

They have rights to digitally download the single (and play it I presume) as opposed to company sending them cd (i think this is something that happens a lot nowadays - digital downloads - it's faster, quicker etc...)

So they have the link, the thing is maybe they should have downloaded the link first and then announce to us that there would be a a premier, tomorrow lets say.

The story does have holes but I think we may have been harsh on him initially.  True -  they jumped the gun, but the story sounds legit.  Why would he lie about the remix story?  We would end up finding out, I just think the mistake he made was jumping ahead of himself, and if that's how radio works these days then it's a bit poor.  
He is better off giving us examples - does this digital download thing happen often?  How did they get permiession to premier the single?

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »
Ah, so they didnt even hear it .. was hoping we could get a description of the tune at least.

MartyMcFly

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2010, 06:27:01 PM »
Wow the one night I go to bed early I miss a fake release of an STP song.  I just got off for lunch and I saw this thread and thought "damn it all I missed it" then spent 20 minutes checking all over the place for a leak or even an announcement and find nothing. So then I come back and read the rest of the thread and find out it was delayed...atleast I didn't get my hopes up for 12 hours like most of you guys did. Sorry guys, just be patient.
You can hunt for the hunter...he's got no where to hide

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
here's a possibility of what might have happened.

Let's say that before the listening party, March 8th was the tentative release date for the single. Atlantic sent out this tentative date to a bunch of stations and this station put it on the schedule as fact. Then, around the time of the listening party, STP decides to push the single release back so they can tweek the mix on the song. Atlantic then sends out a release to all the stations they sent the tentative schedule to and gives them the new date, as well as officially announcing the new date to various news sources.

However; Q103, being run by amatuers completely incapable of the basic task of scheduling, either ignore the release or don't put the new date on the schedule. Then some poor bastard at the station see Between the Lines on the schedule and thinks the station is actually getting the single. So the do a shit load of advetising for the "world premier" only to find out they're not getting the single.

Whatever the case is, the singles date has been 3/30 for a couple of weeks now. If the schmucks were anywhere in the loop they would have known they weren't premiering the single. So they're either amatures or lying bastards... Or both

Maybe they should let "Lurch" the intern do actual work instead of interviewing "celebrities"
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »
Quote from: "MAZZA26"
Quote from: "Ivy"

So they have the link, the thing is maybe they should have downloaded the link first and then announce to us that there would be a a premier, tomorrow lets say.

Atlantic probably told them that the link wouldn't work until an hour before the premiere (may or may not have been true).  This would prevent the radio station from playing the song early, or leaking to the net (accidental or not)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
ugh! The only day I didn't log in here I almost missed a premiere!  :o
While I was reading I got pissed off, you guys who were listening and waiting must've felt like burning the radio station down and sitting "Rob" in some sharp mountain's peak, that was just MEAN!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
Even after having read the new excuse from the Q103, I still don't believe them. They were saying they would play it all the way to within the last hour or so before the premiere. If they were given a link for a digital download, wouldn't they have realized much earlier that the single was delayed ... wouldn't they have tried to download it earlier in the morning or even the day before so they had it ready? Either way they are assholes. They either knew they weren't going to have it and kept us hanging in, lying about it, or they are just a bunch of idiots that completely screwed up and deserve the feedback they are getting. No other radio station had this same problem.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »
The bottom line is there are thousands of rock radio stations across America. Q103 appears to be the only one which commited this impropriety. If this wasn't their fault then we would have heard of atleast a few dozen other stations experiencing the same issues. Q103 is the only one I have seen that advertised the release today. It has always been the 30th and continues to be the 30th from the knowledge and news releases we were given. They are still promoting it as the 22nd which seems as though this could happen yet again to them. The official date is the 30th. If they get it early and play it then great but why the hell are they now saying the 22nd? They are a bunch of morons and still aren't providing the same date as everybody else. The sad part is that they are making STP look bad by blaming it on the label and ultimately the band.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2010, 05:25:39 AM »
Well whatever it is...i hope it's a smart choice for a first single. I think SLDD was hurt a lot by the choice of the first single. Days of the Week is a great tune, but it wasn't a good choice for a first single.

I think of how "Down" really made a statement (not to mention that they had to stall afterwards because of Scott's jail sting. Still though, Down said "STP is back" and No.4 benefitted from the smart choice. SLDD never got that opportunity, because they put out DOTW instead of a tune like Coma, which would have been a no brainer.

Just my 2 cents.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2010, 05:51:03 AM »
ive been very busy today and havent kept up with the thread...

but i think that perhaps the label was going to send a rep over with a hard disc, to prevent a HAWK, i mean a hack, rather than just emailing the track... however the remix wasnt ready, so they pulled the plug last minute.

yes, think it's a bunch of garbage... i reserved an entire conference room at the university for myself... but in a way, i think it's a good thing, because now the suspense has grown exponentially....

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2010, 06:38:05 AM »
Getting ready to lay my weary head upon the pillow, on a day I awoke thinking I'd hear new STP greatness...

Yes, the suspense has been kicked up a notch, as if that was possible.

For those worried about the lead single, fret not - the entire album should be fantastic - and I'm sure there will be a catchy Top Ten single just in time for summer!

It's only a matter of days before the fellas hit the road...so we're bound to hear some reviews about the new songs very soon!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy