September 20, 2024, 10:43:44 AM

Author Topic: Between the Lines  (Read 124322 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
This remixing stuff better not be true. If it is, that may push back the album.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Wow, why are all morning shows so lame.  Anyways did they actually announce on the radio that theyd play STPs new song and then said they didint, or is this all from ther wedsite?

They also announced it on the radio. The guy said they pushed back the release date two weeks because they wanted to remix the album.

But they didn't mention ANYTHING about it on the radio, until they were supposed to play it.

Probably about an hour ago I heard "keep listening, at 10AM we'll be playing STP's new single!"

Do they really expect us to believe that the record company called an hour before they were supposed to play it and said "don't, we're remixing the album."
Bleeda blooda

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »
boy was that lame.... i'm so disappointed.... i went and reserved a conference room here at the university, so that i did not have any disturbances for my own listening party this morning.

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
Is everyone sure this is the case?  I thought I just heard that "after the listening party STP have decided to remix the single" (not the album??) I could be wrong.
Didn't think of that excuse actually - so it may not directly be the stations fault (unless they of course bragged about the world premier without official confirmation, I mean STP's management would have surely realised that a world premier was taking place today - so for the decision to be made in the last few hours with regards to remixing is very odd.)

If the party happened last week - band want to remix single after feedback from party - they inform record company/management - management ask radio station to hold fire with the cd.... simple.  Cannot believe the phone call was made in the last hour!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
This is what I sent them ::You have been teasing us with new STP all morning and NOW it is 3/22 What a mean trick!  I will never listen to this station again, very very unprofessional. What this some sort of ploy for new listeners or was there some other error because I find it hard to believe that 30 min before you are going to play it that you find out it is being remixed...scammers
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

DeathbedCT

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2010, 04:10:23 PM »
wow... not only do they not play it (for whatever reason), but then they strait up lie to us and say STP is "remixing their album"? And the single is pushed back until the 22nd?  First of all, the 22nd is a Monday.  Second, if it was pushed "back" to the 22nd, that would be 7 days ahead of schedule.

Unless they mean they are going to hold off playing it until the 22nd.  Either way, sounds like a desperate plea for listeners.  Anyone know who owns this station?  Clearchannel? Comcast?  The communist movement?

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »
Quote from: "STPCreep"
The dude just said STP's remixing their album.

Mixing the album? Highly unlikely.... But, I knew they wouldn't play it. All radio stations across the country would get the track at least a week before the 30th at best [the bigger markets maybe the 16th, MAYBE I wouldn't know]. Again, I was skeptical for the most part about this station getting the track this early before the rest of the country. The only one who may get it before everyone is probably satellite radio. But, what do I know?
-Bill_

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »
On a personal note, a very special f*** you to those at Q103 in Albany this morning. You simple-minded pricks... Not cool guys, not cool. A very lame plan, all to gain listeners for your less-than-stellar morning show.
-Bill_

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
anyone still listening?  have they said anything else?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
If they really are remixing the single at this point, who's to say they aren't remixing other songs on the album. It means they have found things they don't like with the current mix and if there's things they don't like with mix on the first single they'll probably want things changed on other songs..........but I still don't believe any of it. I can almost guarantee that this shitty station never had the single in their possession. I'm pretty sure they would have played it if they did have it, even if the mix wasn't exact....any station would love to say they premiered the first new STP single in 9 years, especially so early.

At this point, I don't even trust they'll have it on the 22nd. I want to punch that DJ and whoever runs that station in the face. They lied right up until the end and then gave another bullshit excuse.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2010, 04:20:22 PM »
Damn it! I was so excited.

I thought it made sense that they'd release the single before playing these upcoming shows in March.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
This is what I sent them ::You have been teasing us with new STP all morning and NOW it is 3/22 What a mean trick!  I will never listen to this station again, very very unprofessional. What this some sort of ploy for new listeners or was there some other error because I find it hard to believe that 30 min before you are going to play it that you find out it is being remixed...scammers

YES!! VERY NICE!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
The excuse is of course bullshit.

The listening party was a week ago. Within 48 hours of that party the singles release date was announced. Even if they did decide to push the single back to remix it, these guys would have known at least a week ago.

Bottomline, these guys were scamming us.

Needless to say, when the single is released I'm sure as not listening to it here, even if they get it a few days early. I'll take my chances waiting for Spin.com to post an MP3.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2010, 04:34:43 PM »
Bastards!!!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Hi Cori-

We certainly understand that you are upset. How do you think we felt
when we found out? I wish we had gotten some kind of notice as well.  

We apologize and got the word out as soon as we were notified.

Rob