September 19, 2024, 07:50:19 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots new album name is....  (Read 12011 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots new album name is....
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »
Quote from: "KingSnake"
Quote from: "STP92"
Wow, "Fast As I Can"!  Pretty cool they are bringing this Mighty Joe Young demo track  out of the vault and onto the new album!

It's not the MJY track.

Aww you are kidding me?!  Has this been confirmed??  I wonder if it will have bits and pieces of the demo, or if it's just stealing the title.  Grrr

You really want them to go back after all these years of evolution and do a 80s style James Brown/funk rock track?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 09:21:02 PM »
I agree, we'll always have the demo to listen to. In the meantime, I want as much new music as I can. STP should pay tribute to their past, no doubt, but they shouldn't dwell in it. They are one of the few bands that's evolution hasn't bothered me, but I actually enjoy.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Wow, "Fast As I Can"!  Pretty cool they are bringing this Mighty Joe Young demo track  out of the vault and onto the new album!

It's not the MJY track.

Aww you are kidding me?!  Has this been confirmed??  I wonder if it will have bits and pieces of the demo, or if it's just stealing the title.  Grrr

You really want them to go back after all these years of evolution and do a 80s style James Brown/funk rock track?

Why not? they went back in time to make a song that sounds like the raiders...and they already said that this album has a 60'/s70's vibe.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:29:59 PM by VelvetLounngeFly »
If you only knew..

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »
Whilst there are no STP tracks that I do not love, I don't personally think that demo is that good anyway. There's a lot of potential there, but some of it is downright terrible.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:50 PM »
Quote from: "Pingfah"
Whilst there are no STP tracks that I do not love, I don't personally think that demo is that good anyway. There's a lot of potential there, but some of it is downright terrible.

Actually it's pretty impressive for a 4 some of "white boys playing funk" just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's terrible.
If you only knew..

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
Now to guess what the cover is going to look like...

My guess:  White background, flower from Shangri-La Dee Da in black, black text that reads "Stone Temple Pilots" underneath the flower.

I can't wait for artwork and more promo photos!!

I can't wait for a new video...god it's been almost a decade since the last STP video.  I feel so old.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 10:09:33 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

It's not the MJY track.

Why not? they went back in time to make a song that sounds like the raiders...and they already said that this album has a 60'/s70's vibe.

They took inspiration from a 60s/70s band, that's very different to reverting to themselves as they were 21 years ago.

They all have evolved as musicians. In fact, that's the number one thing that I hear from people who went to the listening party, that the album sounds evolved. I'm not knocking Mighty Joe Young, But As Fast As I Can is a very Mighty Joe Young song, and I think they've evolved a lot since then. Why go back and play a song that they didn't even feel was good enough to put on their first record?

Even if As Fast As I Can is an evolution of the MJY track, it will be something completely different than what it was before, because they are all have grown up a lot as musicians.

Plus, I'm going to be pissed if after waiting 7 years for a new STP album one of the tracks is a song I've been listening to for about 7 years.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Quote from: "Pingfah"

Actually it's pretty impressive for a 4 some of "white boys playing funk" just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's terrible.

It's just an opinion. Although I wasn't talking about that track specifically, I meant parts of the whole demo.

Some of it is of course really good. Again, in my opinion. As you point out, that doesn't mean it actually IS good.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 12:38:26 AM »
"Tapas" should be the title because of the previous albums variety, especially within the albums themself (the only exception would be Core).

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »

It's not the MJY track.

I don't care what they do as long as they don't play a greatest hits setlist in the same order night after night on the supporting album tour!

But seriously, yes, I would love to have this song re-recorded and on the album.  It doesn't have to be an 80's style funk track, of course I would expect them to update the sound of it.  But I think it would be cool if they revisited a demo track, and updated it for 2010.  It's not like the song was released officially anyways, so it still would be a "new" track.
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »
The only demo track I want to hear is the re-recording of "Only Dying".

nola51

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 02:55:15 AM »
A whole disk of new tracks is great! I can't wait to hear it, and hope they play a few live next month!

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 05:09:01 AM »
Like everyone has said who cares, but I mean they do have an album titled No. 4. CANNOT WAIT!

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »
Whoever said on here that they think the album with have similarities to tiny music and no. 4 I think you are right on the money...I mean the people said it is "beatle-esque" that were at the listening party and that screams out on tiny and at parts on no.4. Also, tiny music is heavily 60's/70's influenced.

...so fucking pumped.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
Whoever said on here that they think the album with have similarities to tiny music and no. 4 I think you are right on the money...I mean the people said it is "beatle-esque" that were at the listening party and that screams out on tiny and at parts on no.4. Also, tiny music is heavily 60's/70's influenced.

...so fucking pumped.

THIS IS OVER 9000!!!I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
If you only knew..