September 19, 2024, 11:24:52 PM

Author Topic: 2010-05-22 - Washington, DC - RFK Stadium  (Read 12893 times)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-22 - Washington, DC - RFK Stadium
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 04:27:39 AM »
great great great show!

damn they look and sound great together.... this was my 13th time seeing them and by far the most roughest and toughest crowd I've been in.... during Alice in Chains (also, great!) I slowly slithered my way up close and front. I waited in the rain for the set change and when STP came on, I was literally fending for my life. I got a real work out trying to hold my ground in the STP pit, right between Robert and Scott. The set is the same as before, with Tumble in the Rough. I do miss Down....

Anyway, I plan on giving a more detailed review after tomorrow's Camden show. I need to recoup for that...
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

vicious1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2010, 04:32:39 AM »
What the fuck is Scott doing in the 2nd verse of TITR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvyICse-j0

Too much boozin'

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2010, 04:37:22 AM »
Quote from: "vicious1"

Too much boozin'

haha, another classic Scott botch. Awesome job by the band keeping it tight, and good job by Scott to find his way back to the correct part of the song eventually. I'm impressed they were able to save that.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2010, 04:39:45 AM »
Quote from: "chloesdad"
Vasoline
Wicked Garden
Crackerman
Between The Lines
Hickory Dichotomy
Big Empty
Sour Girl
Creep
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Huckleberry Crumble
Tumble In The Rough
Lounge Fly
Sex Type Thing

Dead And Bloated
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

no bagman?

chloesdad

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2010, 05:08:55 AM »
They had a very strict 9pm curfew. Due to the band starting about 15 minutes later, they had to cut one song and it was Bagman.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 05:57:46 AM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Quote from: "vicious1"

Too much boozin'

haha, another classic Scott botch. Awesome job by the band keeping it tight, and good job by Scott to find his way back to the correct part of the song eventually. I'm impressed they were able to save that.
Yeah I saw that and was like "oh shit!" but they saved it perfectly, no one in the crowd even seemed to notice.

So on to my review: today was absolutely nuts. Chili Cookoff's crowd was wild last year, and they definitely did not disappoint in that department this year lol. I got a cheesesteak sub and downed a big bottle of water to start off the day and just stayed in the crowd for 7 hours straight. Started off with Anberlin, who were boring, then Switchfoot, who weren't bad. Better than I thought they'd be actually. Then as I got practically as far up front as possible, Cage The Elephant came on and were nuts. The crowd was soo wild, so much crowdsurfing and moshing. I got nailed in the head by people flying above me more than enough times. So anyway, Cage was great, I think we'll be hearing from them for awhile, but on to the good stuff: I had seen AIC once before (this past March, in a big theatre) so seeing them up close in a crazy crowd was a totally different experience, but the one I wanted. Every single song just kicked ass and I'm pretty sure my hearing is permanently damaged :D I also got one of Jerry Cantrell's picks he threw into the crowd which was awesome!! AIC was just so solid, no complaints whatsoever. Little side note: It started raining when they played "Rain When I Die" haha. Jerry also mentioned he was excited to see STP play after them, which was really cool to hear.

So on to STP: they were about 15 minutes late to the stage, but it wasn't a big deal. I could immediately tell Scott had been drinking by the way he said "welcommeee ladies and gentlemen" before they started Vasoline but he was by no means "too" drunk to perform. He was so into the performance and was VERY talkative. Easily the most talkative I have ever seen Scott, even my friends commented on how friendly he was. All of the STP classics were done just as they always are, and it was so cool to hear BTL, Hickory (which the crowd seemed to really like), and Huckleberry live. Not sure why they didn't do Bagman, but I would've been pissed if they had cut out Hickory or Huckleberry instead. Tumble In The Rough was also awesome, Scott mentioned they had only done it twice in the last ten years. Lounge Fly was a great surprise too, I wasn't really expecting any non-hits and they totally nailed it. It had gotten dark by that point too so the whole psychedelic lighting thing fit perfectly.

All in all, it was just a fucking awesome day. STP was really, really into it and the crowd loved them. I had been waiting for this day for months and it definitely did not disappoint in any way.

oh a couple other random side notes: Scott also mentioned AIC and said they went "way back" and at one point he wished he was in the crowd with us "watching one of his favorite bands" and then mentioned The Beatles and Rolling Stones. And for what it's worth, i already mentioned I was super close but I was pretty much right in between Scott and Dean in the crowd. I'm sure they saw me screaming my heart out to every word  ;D
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »
WeilandFan and I all in all had a shitty day, but, I will say the bands did not dissapoint, we were 2nd from the rail between Scott and Robert but the crowd was out of control and we both ended up in the first aid tent.

I do not think Scott sounded drunk off of his ass.... he has said "Welcome Ladieeeees and Gentlemennnnnn" just like that for a long time....  

Valsoline was there too, got a pick from Jerry Cantrell :)   She had a blast.

All in all, it was a great show, I think, so a few snafus, it was no last year at PNC, that's all I'm sayin.... he's doing well, looks healthy and sounds amazing.

Did anyone ever stop to think that sometimes when alcoholics DON'T drink they can't speak properly?

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2010, 07:34:36 AM »
and, for TITR, they don't usually do that one live, so

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  leave him alone.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »
i realllllllly am getting tired of people being such douches on here about Scott. HES NOT BRITNEY SPEARS PEOPLE!!! he doesn't use recorded tracks!!!!!!!!!

Stop being so judgemental & cut the dude some slack!!!!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »
I didn't really get a judgmental vibe from anybody in this thread. Scott very well may have been drunk. Such is life.
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:50 PM »
Scott's constant fuck ups shouldn't be justified with the fact that he's not Britney, if anything  fucking up constantly makes him more of a Britney. These people are paying good money to see you, at least give them their moneys worth. You have all the right to be judgemental when you're paying your hard earned money and expect a good show. Hopefully Scott realizes he has fans that support him no matter what the situation is. I'll tell you, the night they walked off that stage still imprinted in my head, those guys are some of the nicest people ever and if pulling the shit Scott does doesn't make him a Britney I don't know what else would.
If you only knew..

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Scott's constant fuck ups shouldn't be justified with the fact that he's not Britney, if anything  fucking up constantly makes him more of a Britney. These people are paying good money to see you, at least give them their moneys worth. You have all the right to be judgemental when you're paying your hard earned money and expect a good show. Hopefully Scott realizes he has fans that support him no matter what the situation is. I'll tell you, the night they walked off that stage still imprinted in my head, those guys are some of the nicest people ever and if pulling the shit Scott does doesn't make him a Britney I don't know what else would.
Geez, he just messed up a verse in fucking Tumble in A Rough.
I swear, you are the most overreacting board member ever.
I can imagine you looking at the picture of Scott and instantly getting mad because "his clothes are awful, he looks awful, he's gay, he can't sing a shit and.....O NOOOEZ HE BROKE UP VELVET REVOLVER"
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2010, 03:58:21 PM »
Quote from: "Tyrant"
I can imagine you looking at the picture of Scott and instantly getting mad because "his clothes are awful, he looks awful, he's gay, he can't sing a shit and.....O NOOOEZ HE BROKE UP VELVET REVOLVER"

uhh... No.
I was simply stating the fact that Scott constantly pulls shit, I'm sure it was a good show regardless but it's STP not the SW band. Do you wonder why they're constantly late?? I'm sure even Scott can answer that himself. Do I think he's gay? No.
Do I say he looks awful? No.
Do I think he can sing as wellas before? No.
Do I want VR to be together at the cost of STP?? NO.
Are your delusional questions answered? Yes

Sorry to hear that all these little things bother you. Maybe you should have ignored it in the first place. I simply stated my opinion upon fans which we all are but I don't believe that Scott should be doing half the shit he pulled a little while ago, but hell who am I to say I should direct his lifes actions? I want Scott to do well, I want STP to be number one in everything, I want this record to be the rock album of the yearand earn a fuckin Grammy for it. I don't wanna see Scott go downhill again and this time due to alcohol. I say what I say because I care, not because I wanna see him ruin his life, his career and STP.

Have a good life misjudging others opinions.
If you only knew..

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »

uhh... No.
I was simply stating the fact that Scott constantly pulls shit, I'm sure it was a good show regardless but it's STP not the SW band. Do you wonder why they're constantly late?? I'm sure even Scott can answer that himself. Do I think he's gay? No.

Sorry to hear that all these little things bother you. Maybe you should have ignored it in the first place. I simply stated my opinion upon fans which we all are but I don't believe that Scott should be doing half the shit he pulled a little while ago, but hell who am I to say I should direct his lifes actions? I want Scott to do well, I want STP to be number one in everything, I want this record to be the rock album of the yearand earn a fuckin Grammy for it. I don't wanna see Scott go downhill again and this time due to alcohol. I say what I say because I care, not because I wanna see him ruin his life, his career and STP.

:D  I never said that it was your quote or opinion or anything. It was an example of how you overreacting about everything. It was a little bit silly of you to answer all these made up quotes. And I like how you instantly turned into a good boy when it was needed. It's not like you are not known for stuff like this.
You are right. I should  have ignored it in the first place.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
I AM a good boy!!! :)

I am a good boy  :)

uhh... No.

:D  I never said that it was your quote or opinion or anything. It was an example of how you overreacting about everything. It was a little bit silly of you to answer all these made up quotes. And I like how you instantly turned into a good boy when it was needed. It's not like you are not known for stuff like this.
You are right. I should  have ignored it in the first place.
If you only knew..