September 20, 2024, 06:31:34 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-18 - Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall (SXSW)  (Read 37176 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-18 - Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall (SXSW)
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2010, 12:20:40 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
I managed to listen to it once before my seniors came into class to sit a practice paper.   ;D

Can't say much about it with that sound but the vocal sounded quite interesting.

Now I have to wait until I get home - hopefully, we'll have more by then.

You aren't going to share the magic of STP with your students?! C'mon.... I wish my teachers had played good music in class. I probably would have done better in school.  :D
Bleeda blooda

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
I managed to listen to it once before my seniors came into class to sit a practice paper.   ;D

Can't say much about it with that sound but the vocal sounded quite interesting.

Now I have to wait until I get home - hopefully, we'll have more by then.

You aren't going to share the magic of STP with your students?! C'mon.... I wish my teachers had played good music in class. I probably would have done better in school.  :D

Haha...yeah, I think I may have to cut the exam short for a little STP-fest.   >:D

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:52 PM »
Does anybody else think this sounds like Army Of Anyone music combined with Libertad vocals?
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:56 PM »
Does anybody else think this sounds like Army Of Anyone music combined with Libertad vocals?

Exactly what my sis thought, she thinks it sounds like Just Sixteen and i'm also getting SBQM from other ppl lol
If you only knew..

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »

I think it sounds a little like that, but shouldn't be surprising.

Waiting for a better quality clip, but what I'm hearing is awesome!
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

jav224bmore

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »
wheres some videos of the show????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
Great setlist!!  ;D  Hopefully we'll get good quality audio soon...!
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
Bleeda blooda

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
Great spot Andrew with regards to the "Stay Away" resemblence.  There are also elements of Velvet Revolvers Libertad material throughout the song (and Army Of Anyone) - this is not a bad thing and is understandable after all, Scott was VR's vocalist and the brothers were AoA's musicians!

I love the drum breakdown throughout the song - very clever!

I might get shot down here BUT if Oasis were to take a psychedilic/heavy rock trip of some sort this is how they would sound - there are elements of songs like Headshrinker/Bring It On Down and some of their later stuff (especially the way scott sings the verse of Between the Lines - his style is similar to Liam's during the "be here now" era,)  of course it's a totally different tempo/groove to the songs i've mentioned - however I bet you that if you played this to the likes of Liam and Noel they would love it because they've always tried to emulate the Beatles in some respects but always too literally, tending to play it simple, losing their rock edge.  This has balls, this is still very rocky, and has a 60's/70's sound to it - bringing me onto my next point:

The setlist contained just 1 song from Tiny Music... personally their best album - no big bang baby, no pop's love suicide (again another song that Liam Gallagher would have loved to have written, I can imagine him singing the verses) no Tumble In The Rough etc...
This can only mean that the new album (and judging by the first single) is a nod to Tiny Music....
Excellent!

jav224bmore

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2010, 12:49:07 PM »
Quote from: "jav224bmore"
wheres some videos of the show????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckOd4vSiBY&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrNWmjYYIwI&fmt=18

Thanks dude bout to listen now !!!!!!!!!!

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »
Quote from: "MAZZA26"
Great spot Andrew with regards to the "Stay Away" resemblence.  There are also elements of Velvet Revolvers Libertad material throughout the song (and Army Of Anyone) - this is not a bad thing and is understandable after all, Scott was VR's vocalist and the brothers were AoA's musicians!

I love the drum breakdown throughout the song - very clever!

I might get shot down here BUT if Oasis were to take a psychedilic/heavy rock trip of some sort this is how they would sound - there are elements of songs like Headshrinker/Bring It On Down and some of their later stuff (especially the way scott sings the verse of Between the Lines - his style is similar to Liam's during the "be here now" era,)  of course it's a totally different tempo/groove to the songs i've mentioned - however I bet you that if you played this to the likes of Liam and Noel they would love it because they've always tried to emulate the Beatles in some respects but always too literally, tending to play it simple, losing their rock edge.  !

They might secretly love it, but you can bet they would SAY it is a load of American shite.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?0zxyyxnoyyb

'Between The Lines' mp3 in case the video gets removed.
Take it.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
My only exit is a one way out...