September 20, 2024, 08:32:08 AM

Author Topic: New album out June 1st, Track listing revealed  (Read 16796 times)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New album out June 1st, Track listing revealed
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
i have no words...it sounds like they literally did everything i hoped they'd do: produce it themselves, self-title it, and make an album with a retro feel that still feels fresh....the song titles are ridiculous and i love it, definitely a good sign as far as creativity goes. First kiss on mars is definitely gonna be bowie inspired. here are my predictions for some of the tracks:

Between The Lines - Obviously starting the album off with a bang. heavy as shit ala Down, this will probably be the first single
Huckleberry Crumble - Everyone's favorite...definitely a classic stp song and will live up to its crazy name, fan favorite for sure, beatles vibe
Cinnamon - Definitely a ballad, and one of those where the song titles never actually appears in the song itself. the title definitely means the song has a cinnamon-y vibe, sweet
Hazydaze - definitely something trippy and pyschodellic, floyd-inspired, im thinking 5+ minutes long
Pea Coat - the dark horse...wont be a single, but still a great song, im thinking seven caged tigers
First Kiss on Mars - Bowie feel for sure, song probably wouldnt be out of place on a SW solo album
Maver - the epic, obviously. will rival atlanta, mark my words

...just a few pretty baseless predictions  ;)
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
After a little snooping on Twitter, it looks like STP is going to be getting a new website soon.

I'm not really a fan of the current design.

I'm not a fan of Flash websites, which is what we're likely to get.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2010, 01:30:28 AM »
You know, Alice In Chains did a pretty good job with the promotion of their new record BGWTB: video logs, updated website, the surprise downloadable single, increased media exposure... What have we gotten? One inch of a news article and a private listening partying? Talk about flying under the radar.
adhesive love

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2010, 02:15:55 AM »
right now everything is all hiden but wait till the end of this month or april and this record is gonna be huge every record stp has done has been very huge so im not worried about that i just cant wait when this gets rolling and we see music videos for these singles and all that cool stuff...the world needs stp right now just like in 99 when they came back we needed them to carry the torch rock music is just not the same and theres not much out there and even if there is the stupid record lables and radio wont promote anything good so this stp album is gonna make my year and i hope it hits number 1

everylilwhore

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2010, 03:41:27 AM »
Quote from: "Rik"
Quote from: "andrew"
After a little snooping on Twitter, it looks like STP is going to be getting a new website soon.

I'm not really a fan of the current design.

I'm not a fan of Flash websites, which is what we're likely to get.

When done correctly, or in a hybrid fashion they can work out perfectly.

In saying that, it has been a while since I have seen a good official STP site.

sevencagedtigers

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snuffbooks.com
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
I know. Why can't they just have a blog with a merchandise and tour link? All the other shit plays heavy with computers.
Keep it Brutal at www.snuffbooks.com