September 20, 2024, 11:00:33 AM

Author Topic: New album out June 1st, Track listing revealed  (Read 16799 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New album out June 1st, Track listing revealed
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »
OHHH SHHIIIIT!

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
I'm a newbie & this is my first post.  I find it only fitting that it be here in the new album thread.  I've already circled the date!
I got a picture of a photograph ...

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
Ecstatic <--- and even that doesn't cover it.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Batman"
I'm a newbie & this is my first post.  I find it only fitting that it be here in the new album thread.  I've already circled the date!
Welcome. You nickname is priceless  :D
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
http://www.harddriveradio.com/Today-s-Dirt/3803425

Well, last night was a treat! Got to hear the new Stone Temple Pilots album with the band and got the scoop on the songs!  All four members were in attendance (I didn't get to talk to Eric Kretz, though) and it was quite a night. Scott Weiland looked the best I have seen him in person in a long while, decked out in a 3-piece light colored suit of his own design (with Weiland embroidered on the back pleat of the jacket!)  He started a men's clothing line a couple of years ago.  Anyhow, we chatted a bit.  His vocals on this record are smooth as silk and he did a nice speech at the Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel after the first listen to the album, giving props to the Deleo Brothers, Robert & Dean,  who produced the album.  Overall, this is the perfect evolution of their sound, with the Deleo nod to the Beatles, soaring guitar solos and musicianship. Hung out mostly with Robert and Dean, who graciously gave me the song list.  Here it is:  Between the Lines, Take a Load Off, Huckleberry Crumble (my personal fav), Hickory Dichotomy, Dare If You Dare, Cinammon, Hazydaze, Bag Man, Peacoat, Fast As I Can, First Kiss on Mars and Maver.  What is a "Maver"?  It's a word Robert's son made up.  Cute!  The album was record at Eric Kretz' studio, and while still untitled, will be released June 1.  The band will be announcing a tour very soon, which is rumored to be a festival-like line-up.  Robert also told me his and his lovely wife are expecting their second child in late May, right when the band has to leave for Europe.  Needless to say, that's a bit troublesome for the soon-to-be Dad! All in all, I have to give the record 4 stars.  It definitely is one for the records!   I suspect the first single will be "Between the Lines."  Lots of great hard hitting tunes.  Stay tuned...
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
Do you guys think they'll play any new songs on their March tour dates?

I suspect the single. I'm not getting my hopes up for 4-5 new songs though, considering how little the last two albums were played. However, this IS their comeback album. So, anything could be possible.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »
i'm basically speechless...

but all you guys pretty much summed up how i feel and what i'd say..

this is fuckin' incredible!!! in recent history, STP has been a band where you'd say, i'll believe it when i see it...

well now, we're seeing it guys... i'm so ecstatic... if they put on a festival and play some new tunes, i'll probably go bankrupt going to the shows, but ya only live once and you gotta enjoy it while ya can!!

best...news....ever...
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
I have visited this page in all its different incarnations and read the boards here almost daily for well over a decade now. I have posted occasionally to get my 50 posts so i could enter the "volt" or if i feel like i have something relevant to say. Today is a really awesome day! The last time i felt this way i was a scruffy sophomore in college studying abroad in Rome. I was sitting in an internet cafe paying by the minute (way before Wi-Fi) to read all the details and scour over the individual speculations on this board with regards to  the just announced Shangri album. Now i am a suit nearing 30 sitting in my office feeling like a scruffy college kid again. This makes me realize why music and STP (my favorite band) is so important in life. It really does keep you young and relevant. I have stuck by Scott and the guys through all the ups, downs, and side projects. I have always been optimistic this day would come and I hope everybody appreciates the fact that as STP fans we are on our 3rd life. I know STP seem oblivious to updating there website and letting the fans know what is going on, however none of us should take any of the excitement leading up to a new STP release for granted.

Sorry to be all touchy feely but i am just really excited today!
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 04:48:48 PM »
I love what you said^^^ and feel the same way.  It still amazes me how music and your favorite band can make you feel even though your in your 30's, have kids and a "professional job."  I put in my time off requests yesterday for the upcoming STP shows:)  Words can't express how excited I am for the new album & the tour!!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 04:51:10 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I'll admit Rik called it saying new STP wouldn't be out til June 2010.  That shit will leak by mid May though so it doesn't really matter.

That's because this isn't Rik's first rodeo.  Any of us that have been on the "STP bandwagon" for any length of time now know how the boys work.  Good things come to those who wait.

...I'm already bored with anticipation.  

In my best George Constanza impression:  "It's JUNE!"
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:53 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster here.  I figured this would be as good a time as any to start posting.

I am beyond stoked about this album just like everyone here.  AOA and Happy have kept my mouth wet, but the real thing is upon us.

I've been a fan this Plush, but have never been to a concert.  Maybe now that I'm in my 30s with kids I can maybe sneak away and actually go see a concert, instead of living vicarously through online videos.

June 1st will be a great day for all fans of STP and all fans of rock.

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 05:25:38 PM »
Wow this will be my first release as a true hardcore STP fan.  I came in the game really late and am so happy to get one release.  I am going to buy the cd the first day it comes out.  I don't even know how long it's been since I have did something like that.  Maybe 10 years lol.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »
This is simply incredible. I'm so excited...wow. Speechless
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
Quote from: "DeathBedMotorcade"
I am going to buy the cd the first day it comes out.  I don't even know how long it's been since I have did something like that.  Maybe 10 years lol.

Last time I did that was REM's Accelerate.  Before that?  SLDD

DeathbedCT

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
June 1st... this is awesome.  With a band that has had a history of not being all that reliable, it's times like this that make you remember why you are a fan.  Well, that and seeing them in concert of coures.   ;D