September 25, 2024, 03:26:40 PM

Author Topic: House Of Blues Concert from 2000 to be released on DVD  (Read 11909 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: House Of Blues Concert from 2000 to be released on DVD
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »
I'm still excited for this release despite already having a bootleg of it. It's a great show and it will be good to have it on a silver disc and hopefully in better quality (audio was low on the DVD I have and picture wasn't perfect). Plus for those of us who live in the UK it's only £10, check it out:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/13639953 ... oduct.html

The fact that Play have it listed makes me very confident this WILL be released. This and the Scott Weiland live album should just about hold me over until the new STP record comes out.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 10:25:11 PM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
I'm still excited for this release despite already having a bootleg of it. It's a great show and it will be good to have it on a silver disc and hopefully in better quality (audio was low on the DVD I have and picture wasn't perfect). Plus for those of us who live in the UK it's only £10, check it out:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/13639953 ... oduct.html

The fact that Play have it listed makes me very confident this WILL be released. This and the Scott Weiland live album should just about hold me over until the new STP record comes out.

Yeah, it's on Amazon too. I agree, it's great to have some new items to buy to tide us over.   ;D

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »
Finally! Only 10 years delayed.

However I have the entire show, with Roadhouse Blues and the interview I'll definitely buy it.

Actually I've found a copy with a printed cover in Dublin but wasn't official.

On a side note, it's a shame that Thank You is available in Brasil but not in Argentina.
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 01:34:09 AM »
its released, hmv.com says march something, hmv.ca says january something, went to hmv, they have it, i bought it

something about it seems off though, i mean, it feels like i bought a bootlegged copy of the show, the video quality is well... crap , i suspected it was a vhs transfer of the show, then during piece of pie you can definitely tell it was taken from a vhs, the menu's look like they were made on using a "build your own dvd" program. When the band starts playing a song, the song name appears at the bottom of the screen in a black box with white text, which is just odd, and there is a water mark on the top right corner of the screen for the entire show, which is weird. the menus are in english, however the warning at the start about copying is in german?

am i glad i have it? hells yes, do i think STP are aware this is for sale at legit retail stores? hells NO
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:44:57 AM by foou33 »

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 01:44:22 AM »
Quote from: "foou33"
its released, hmv.com says march something, hmv.ca says january something, went to hmv, they have it, i bought it

Nooooo, you might be kidding!

I went to HMV at Oxford Street in London yesterday!!!!!
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »
Quote from: "foou33"
there is a water mark on the top right corner of the screen for the entire show, which is weird.

Watermark...UGHH! Even the version I bought off ebay 3 years ago doesn't have any watermark or logo on the screen  >:(
I think most of us would only be buying this as a silver disc upgrade to the bootleg version we already have but it sounds like this version could actually be worse quality. The only problems with the version I have (which I think is the common version in tradeland) is that the picture quality is slightly grainy and the volume is low.

I did however find that this upcoming release is even cheaper on HMV.com, £8 with free shipping!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch ... e+of+blues

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
so, this isn't an oficial release... I'm confused  ???
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »
official meaning the band and or label were behind it, then no.

i remember when it was filmed they said for a dvd release, so i imagine if STP released it they would have used the digital footage, this dvd uses video from a vhs source

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »
Yey, Got my 'House of Blues DVD' in the post this morning, cant wait to sit and watch it. Also in the post came confomation of my booking for Download festival so its a Happy STP Day for me!!!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. Clinton Wheat"
Yey, Got my 'House of Blues DVD' in the post this morning, cant wait to sit and watch it. Also in the post came confomation of my booking for Download festival so its a Happy STP Day for me!!!

Does it look like it's a legitimate release or a bootleg? Gonna try to get ahold of it once I get some money.
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 01:59:21 PM »
I don't see how it could be legit, it IS available at several reputable shops in the UK including Amazon and Play.com, but I can't see the first STP live dvd being released without even a single word from the band or the record company.

I'll stick with my divx version until I see some official confirmation and will buy it if I find it is official, I am not going to put money into the hands of people trying to rip off STP by profiteering from a concert that is already widely available to the fans.

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
Well its being sold through HMV so its legit but doesn't seem to be band authorised as its nothing to do with Atlantic nor has it been promoted by the band. The picture quality is below normal DVD standard but the sound is fine, I'm watching it right now and enjoying it alot, something to wet my appetite until the new album i guess!!!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »
So basically somebody has downlaoded it from the internet, converted it to DVD format and is now selling it.

That sucks, what a bunch of wankers.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. Clinton Wheat"
Well its being sold through HMV so its legit but doesn't seem to be band authorised as its nothing to do with Atlantic nor has it been promoted by the band. The picture quality is below normal DVD standard but the sound is fine, I'm watching it right now and enjoying it alot, something to wet my appetite until the new album i guess!!!

I want to order this but I noticed it is temporarily out of stock on play.com and HMV say it takes 1-2 weeks to arrive? How long did it take after you ordered it to arrive?

Also is there a logo on the screen throughout the show?

Thanks