September 20, 2024, 02:46:07 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32089 times)

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2010, 04:16:29 AM »
Alright who snuck Scott the whiskey before the show tonight?
-Dewey

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2010, 04:43:55 AM »
lol why what happened now?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »
April Fools? Hopefully??
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2010, 04:50:49 AM »
Well, I am not going to say much because I want to get to bed but this was not a great show. I will let someone else who wants to fill us all in on the details do so. Scott seemed way out of it tonight. I thought most of the show sounded ok, but Vasoline and Hickory bombed. Robert stopped playing a few times and pointed to Scott as if to say "What the fuck is he singing." It was not good folks.

I felt bad for Dean. He looked like he was attending a funeral. He was very low energy and stood looking at Scott in long stares during tunes waiting for a fuck up. Scott was mumbling all night in between songs. He fell into the drums yet again but covered it up well. He was not in a good way at all. Somehow the other three fantastic musicians were able to salvage certain points in the show. But Vasoline was horrible and Hickory was even worse. It was a bad night to be an STP fan. I was uncomfortable watching and was hoping that Scott wasn't going to fall off the stage. I will admit at times that I wanted the show to get over with (Even after waiting in line for 4 hours to secure front row).

I thought the second half of the show was much improved and Lounge Fly was sick. But there were some serious issues during the first half of the show. Overall, the show was in one word uncomfortable.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2010, 04:57:16 AM »
Ugh. He needs to go into rehab before the European tour so he doesn't disappoint thousands of people and their only chance to see STP....
Bleeda blooda

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2010, 05:03:53 AM »
Robert and Dean were not happy at all tonight. Why this is happening? I don't know. The only unique thing that happened in this particular show was seeing how well the bands improv skills were. There were some good points in the show, and I thought the second half was much better.

As a whole, it was my worst experience seeing STP out of the six times I have. Scott was just out of it and it seemed evident from the onset that the band was worried about the gig. Dean looked concerned as soon as the first song began. It didn't take long for Scott to screw up on his end. About a minute into the show and he was gone.

Thank god there are only two more shows left for the time being. This tour needs to end. Clearly the band can still bring it from the reports of last nights gig, but they can't have outings like this one.

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2010, 05:12:58 AM »
Oh yeah, that show was unreal.  I was actually embarrassed for Scott, but more so for Rob, Dean, and Eric.  All the hard work they put in seemed like it got pissed away by Scott's antics.  
I don't know what the deal was, but from the second he gabbed the mic, you knew something wasn't right.  
He was mumbling all night, and Dean seemed like a mother hen, constantly staring at Scott like he was waiting for him to screw up.  
I was impressed by how quick they went on.  Especially after reading that a few nights ago it took an hour for them to get up after the opening band.  I think tonight was about 15-20 mins.
They completely butchered Vasoline...melody was off at the end, unreal.  Scott got right up next to the speaker and there was mad feedback.  Rob and Dean just looked at each other.  At one point during the night,  I could see Rob look at Dean and just say "he's done"
Just brutal....just like you said, Hickory bombed too.  That was even more embarrassing.  I thought for SURE Rob was just going to walk off the stage.  He seemed so frustrated.  

The thing that scares me the most, is at the end of the show, both before and after the encore, Rob Dean and Eric walked off one side of the stage, with Scott the other.  They seemed chipper at the end of the encore, throwing souvenirs in the audience, but it just seemed like a facade.  It was just awkward.  Uncomfortable was definitely the right word to use.

Quote from: "kshamrock20"
Well, I am not going to say much because I want to get to bed but this was not a great show. I will let someone else who wants to fill us all in on the details do so. Scott seemed way out of it tonight. I thought most of the show sounded ok, but Vasoline and Hickory bombed. Robert stopped playing a few times and pointed to Scott as if to say "What the fuck is he singing." It was not good folks.

I felt bad for Dean. He looked like he was attending a funeral. He was very low energy and stood looking at Scott in long stares during tunes waiting for a fuck up. Scott was mumbling all night in between songs. He fell into the drums yet again but covered it up well. He was not in a good way at all. Somehow the other three fantastic musicians were able to salvage certain points in the show. But Vasoline was horrible and Hickory was even worse. It was a bad night to be an STP fan. I was uncomfortable watching and was hoping that Scott wasn't going to fall off the stage. I will admit at times that I wanted the show to get over with (Even after waiting in line for 4 hours to secure front row).

I thought the second half of the show was much improved and Lounge Fly was sick. But there were some serious issues during the first half of the show. Overall, the show was in one word uncomfortable.

The Joker

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2010, 05:19:53 AM »
This is getting so damn old....Scott is in bad shape & there is only so many times you can blame something on an ear piece......

I love the band but Scott's heart is not with STP...
First of all, he did not deem important enough to be in studio recording with the rest of the band. He does not mind embarrassing he his band mates every other night on stage either.

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
This can't keep happening. I don't want this band to end on a sour note. I don't think this is the "bookend" Scott was talking about.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 05:28:31 AM »
Yeah, I don't know how many times this can happen before an implosion occurs. I think Scott definately does not communicate with the other three members of the band. This annoys me because it seems like the other members would be the greatest band mates in the world. I think Scott is just in his own atmosphere. As much as it pains me, he is a diva. He has his own bus and exits the other side of the stage. As if the rest of the band are simply just there to show him off. If Scott had half a brain he would realize the talent around him and be grateful for what he has.

This show was not in some small town in Kansas. This show was in Detroit Rock City. I expect some bad press to come. The WRIF said earlier today that most of their employees were going to the show. This can only mean bad things.

On a positive note, I met some nice folks mainly including Below Empty members.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:31:40 AM by kshamrock20 »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 05:30:32 AM »
You know... This is the first time since the reunion I've legitimately been afraid they might break-up again.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 05:31:39 AM »
yah I love STP with all my heart but after reading about scott showing up with the guys 2 or 3 times during the recording process means he doesnt give a shit and that is clearly evident now. Sad to face reality sometimes.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 05:37:15 AM »
I think it is a blessing that this tour is close to concluding. They will have a respite before heading overseas. Hopefully they work it out before then. Thank goodness they aren't in the middle of a six month tour. That would not mean good things.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 05:44:32 AM »
you know i hated the way VR ended but i really can't blame them, if you guys have read the reports of asshole rose making fans wait 5 HOURS!! in south america. I mean ughhh i feel bad for Rob Eric and Dean  but the fans come on !! do you give a fuck about them Scott??? reading back at Sorums shitty comments now it all makes sense, I really thought Scott was gonna get his shit together this time, it's just sad how some people skip the rent to go see them and Scott doesn't even think about that at all. you have the 3 nciest guys in the fuckin planet who are not to mention INCREDIBLE musicians, you got to fuckin play with Guns N roses, you got fuickin Robby Krieger sharing the stage with you, you got two fuckin beautiful kids but none of that seems to matter when you are too fuckin busy numbing yourself, i've given Scott soooooo many fuckin chances but this is getting really tiring! and frustrating!
If you only knew..

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2010, 05:46:39 AM »
Not good. However, I'm not worried about the band breaking up...yet. I'm obviously worried that Scott is getting himself into trouble with his addiction again, but like Rob said the other day, he's accepted that things won't always be stable when it comes to STP. Like I've said before, I think Rob, Dean and Eric knew exactly what they were getting themselves into when they went back to working with Scott. They know they can't bitch about it too much becuase they chose it. And I guess I've accepted it as well, as a fan. There is a risk when you buy a ticket to an STP show that it might not be great because Scott might not be in very good shape, and that's just the way it is. But that is just the business side of it, the bigger picture is, of course, Scott's health. I wish he would get 100% clean once and for all, because eventually the problem will get so big that putting on a fake smile at the end of a bad show won't be enough fix it.
Karma schmarma.