September 20, 2024, 12:05:12 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32080 times)

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »
now that ive had almost six days to take this show ill in ill say this.  i think i had a little bit of dean Syndrome (after scott messed up vasoline the rest of the night he was just looking for him to mess up again and yelll at him for everything and anything and pissed off).   i know thats how i was the rest of the night...scott did do OK the rest of the night and Hickory is a new tune and i guess we will let that slide.  he missed lyrics on just about every song which i dont care but since he seemed more together it was ok and hey thats why we love live rock bands its not a playback!! overall it wasnt the greatest show but it was ok.  am i still a little pissed at scott for drinkin a tab too much before show time? of course...am i not going to see them again, listen to their music ever day, buy the new album and dissect every second of it...of fuckin course i will...i just wish their off night wasn't in Detroit its selfish but i think everyone would say that ...the folks in New jersey 08 i think know how we feel.  but fact of the matter is ...its is truly an exciting time to be an stp fan with all of the stuff going on...and this show didnt ruin ne of it for me.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »
I for one will never get to see them live coz I live all the way in India! So, anything i see of em will either b a youtube vid or hopefully The Download Gig via webstream(hope they stream it this year)! thatll b the day for me :) Im just happy these guys are still around with a new album coming. They will have off nights but hey, im probably never gonna see em live.. All of u guys are really really lucky!!! :)

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
ALSO- I'd just like to add that while Robert/Dean obviously get annoyed by the flubbed songs, they're obviously sticking through this. Why? Because a Scott Weiland that's in awful shape and a shell of his former self is still more profitable to them than playing with Richard Patrick, or Dave Coutts, or producing Alien Ant Farm records etc etc etc... The band has come to terms with the unpredictable nature of Scott. Do they love it? Of course not. But they've come to accept it. So should we as fans. Either you make the decision to buy a ticket and realize that Scott COULD be a mess, or you don't buy a ticket.

Does Scott need help? Obviously. But that's up to him. I know for a fact the band over the years have reached out to him countless times and have tried to help him. You get to a point where it's not worth it anymore if the guy you are trying to help is not registering a single word of encouragement. Cleaning himself up is up to Scott and Scott alone. Honestly, if the reuniting of his old band, jail, kids, divorce, death of his brother from drugs... etc... after EVERYTHING he's been through, if he's still going to decide to wreck himself like that, what's going to stop him? Certainly not the Deleo brothers, who've been preaching at him for 20 years. They can't help him, and they also can't really afford to break up the band. They need the money, and the bottom line is they're gonna stick with STP not because they love playing in the band, but because STP represents for them the best chance at maintaining the lifestyles they have and putting their kids through college. Gotta look out for #1. I don't blame them, and to their credit, they still put out some pretty kick ass material.

I agree with everything said here and in your earlier posts.  Stop crying about Scott and how he is disrespecting his bandmates - they don't HAVE to do it... as fans, we don't HAVE to go.. everything is on YOUTUBE these days so we all have an idea of what to expect - Scott is Scott - I was at Detroit... I heard the mistakes... I still had a great time.... met Dean before the show... he was tense even then.... if you don't like it, don't go... if you do go, enjoy the fact that you are alive, with friends and forget about yesterday.... stop the comparisons.... he is not singing like he used to... he is more Bowie now... I personally am not a big fan of his current singing style but still think that he is a great frontman... when Keith Richrds would show up wrecked to a gig and mess it up, the fans still loved him... different times I guess... I hope that Scott continues to perform for many years to come... those of you who decide to bail.. I thank-yopu now - easier for me to see on the floor with less taller people in front of me.. ha ha!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:44:35 PM by scottieslittlesoftie »

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »
I just wanted to give my thoughts.  I was extremely disappointed with the show.  I am a huge fan and have been since the Core days.  I have seen them a number of times and have had just a happy demeanor since the new album was announced and the Between the Lines became available.  Anyhow, as you guys have heard Vasoline was a trainwreck.  I was saying to my friends with me maybe is monitors offline or something just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  But you could see he was not in good shape.  The night for me just got worse and worse.  He was off many times and his voice wasn't just out of tune he was basically screaming like a drunk person trying to get out the words.  It didn't sound like his voice was blown out or anything he just couldn't get it out.  He then was rambling between songs and the band basically just started songs as he was rambling incoherently.  He fell back into the drum riser and just had a look on his face I have never seen before.  He looked in real bad shape.  At on point Rob just stopped playing and looked over at Eric and threw is arms up like WTF, man??  Sincerely I felt like I could be seeing the last STP show.  The guys in the band just had like this we are feed up demeanor about them sort of like when Layne was really going down and Sean and Jerry were just fed up.  Obviously they will carry on, and I will support the band.  Everyone has an off night and I love the music, but this was different than an off night.  I just wish I could explain it in words.  But I will say, I almost expected to wake up the next morning and hear "Scott Weiland found dead."  Ok, so I really hope this is just a temporary situation but sometimes triggers happen and lets hope this doesn't last too long because I don't think there will be a band left if it does.  Anyway, this is just mu opinion of the show.  Take care.

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
Quote from: "Unglued"
I just wanted to give my thoughts.  I was extremely disappointed with the show.  I am a huge fan and have been since the Core days.  I have seen them a number of times and have had just a happy demeanor since the new album was announced and the Between the Lines became available.  Anyhow, as you guys have heard Vasoline was a trainwreck.  I was saying to my friends with me maybe is monitors offline or something just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  But you could see he was not in good shape.  The night for me just got worse and worse.  He was off many times and his voice wasn't just out of tune he was basically screaming like a drunk person trying to get out the words.  It didn't sound like his voice was blown out or anything he just couldn't get it out.  He then was rambling between songs and the band basically just started songs as he was rambling incoherently.  He fell back into the drum riser and just had a look on his face I have never seen before.  He looked in real bad shape.  At on point Rob just stopped playing and looked over at Eric and threw is arms up like WTF, man??  Sincerely I felt like I could be seeing the last STP show.  The guys in the band just had like this we are feed up demeanor about them sort of like when Layne was really going down and Sean and Jerry were just fed up.  Obviously they will carry on, and I will support the band.  Everyone has an off night and I love the music, but this was different than an off night.  I just wish I could explain it in words.  But I will say, I almost expected to wake up the next morning and hear "Scott Weiland found dead."  Ok, so I really hope this is just a temporary situation but sometimes triggers happen and lets hope this doesn't last too long because I don't think there will be a band left if it does.  Anyway, this is just mu opinion of the show.  Take care.

ok at least i know we went to the same show in detroit and i just wasnt being over critical.  i read some of the feeds on the stp facebook and there were people praising the show like it was the greatest of the decade. i was like "are you fuckin crazy".  im sure scott will get it together or at least i hope...they have manged threw so much bullshit.  they will be just fine.

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
-Dewey

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=298135

Yep, just giving it a first listen. Pretty good recording IMHO. After all Scott is real rock star. In good and bad. And hey, everyone makes mistakes!

Just got through first song. And yes, Vasoline's pretty wasted. Band plays well and tries to save Scott multiple times. Let's see what else (skipping the new songs)...
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »
Hawk: Thank you for the upload.  Pretty good quality for an audience recording.  

However,
Man would I be pissed if I paid for this show.  Vasoline is a trainwreck and it didnt get much better from there.  Scott is off-key, off-time, slurring his ass off, and out of his damn mind.  Not to mention his fuck-ups seem to be clearly affecting the rest of the band.  

I love this band for the wonderful music they create, however, STPs rep is definitely built around a great live show.  If this is the way Scott is going to be, count me out.  

This is the most awful I've heard him in a long time.  I dont know what Scott seems so hell-bent on his own destruction and the destruction of his career and STPs legacy.

Sorry, I know I am late to the party as far as this thread goes, but Scott's performance made me have to make a reply.  Its so bad.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2010, 01:00:42 AM »
His behaviour was like one of those guys at the head table at a wedding and he is the plastered on.   He rambles on and on when there are starting songs.........talks about it's easy to be a Deleo...............etc.
Fuck he better be dryin out right now!!!!!!!  If he is gonna get loaded do rock n roll drugs for gods sake and save  the booze for later. I can stand drunks.
    Hawk.

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2010, 03:04:43 AM »
in my review i said something about scott falling into the drum riser...and well i found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=segLdCttqDs

yeah he wasnt in good shape....sounded pretty bad.....

but the past few shows were good so all is forgiven.