September 20, 2024, 02:41:10 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32088 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2010, 01:37:47 AM »
Quote from: "Casper"
Wow.... As Peebs was eluding to, this reminds me of PNC '08.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight??
And back after we reported the now famous PNC show on what a mess Scott was, how it was actually scary to watch him everyone said we were over-exaggerating....

He needs to pull it together. He needs to get 100% sober. He might think because he's not shoving a needle in his arm he's ok....it's not. Most recovering addicts are also "dry". Apparently Scott needs to be one of those.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2010, 01:54:55 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight??
And back after we reported the now famous PNC show on what a mess Scott was, how it was actually scary to watch him everyone said we were over-exaggerating....

He needs to pull it together. He needs to get 100% sober. He might think because he's not shoving a needle in his arm he's ok....it's not. Most recovering addicts are also "dry". Apparently Scott needs to be one of those.

I think we need to quit looking at Scott as just a recovering drug addict. The man started drinking around the age of 13, I believe, and has been a borderline (bieng kind there) alcoholic since his teens. It's not a matter of whether or not he needs to quit alcohol because of his drug problem, so much as he needs to quit alcohol because of his alcohol problem.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2010, 02:53:50 AM »
everytime an album drops or when its about to Scott pulls shit, i really thought he was gonna ruin himself during contraband but he didn't and then came Libertad....too bad they were too busy collecting money 2008/2009 cuz if Scott really gave a shit we would have had an album by mid 2009 and judging by his performances in 09 everything sounded well. oh  well.
If you only knew..

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2010, 03:23:17 AM »
it appears to me that the direction of this thread has gone far beyond its intended scope...

there's really no need to continue down this pointless path of condescention.

yes, there were some "off" moments of last night's performance...

yes, alcohol may be a contributing factor...

yes, there are historical occurrences that provide of valid frame of reference by which the community can make assumptions...

but is this deficit-based commentary on Scott Weiland's personal problems and the corresponding by-products that have historically mitigated the progression of the band what this thread is really intended to stimulate conversation around?

I whole-heartedly do not believe so.

good, bad or indifferent, I enjoyed myself last night... and I truly enjoyed interfacing with those BE members that I met up with.... HAWK, i looked around for you for about an hour buddy, both outside of the venue before, inside the venue during and outside of the venue afterwards.

let's wrap this thread up... and let the past be the past...

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:37 AM »
Quote from: "andrewivanhayes"
it appears to me that the direction of this thread has gone far beyond its intended scope...

;D

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2010, 03:51:46 AM »

yes, there are historical occurrences that provide of valid frame of reference by which the community can make assumptions...

but is this deficit-based commentary on Scott Weiland's personal problems and the corresponding by-products that have historically mitigated the progression of the band what this thread is really intended to stimulate conversation around?

good, bad or indifferent, I enjoyed myself last night... and I truly enjoyed interfacing with those BE members that I met up with.... HAWK, i looked around for you for about an hour buddy, both outside of the venue before, inside the venue during and outside of the venue afterwards.

hah hopefully he reads all this shit and understands how his fans feel and maybe he'll give a fuck. leeting things go when it comes to him fuckin up is what continues the fuckin problem. the way i see is if he's gonna be like this i rather go fuckin see AOA cuz STP on the road ins't healthy for him at all. the road brings out the worse of one's addictions.
If you only knew..

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2010, 03:55:06 AM »
here's a little parting digital soundboard audio gift for everyone, as we collectively wrap this thing up.... this one's a classic... just ask Jessie!!!

"Wicked Garden" - (2000-06-30) - Cleveland, OH

DOWNLOAD LINK:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8UVKHZYD

once everyone has completed the download, go ahead and hit the nuke button and send us all to the moon Rocketboy!!!!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:54 AM »
Scott always seems to implode when success is around the corner.  Maybe he saw how much buss there was around this album and the taking off of the 1st single and it got to him.  Not an excuse but just sayin'

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »
Oh come on...are you serious?  It's pretty evident you weren't at the show last night.  You could have watched the entire show with no volume on, and just by looking at Dean and Rob's face, figured out what was going on.  And how do you mess up lyrics you've been singing for 16 yrs???  Well, minus the hiatus, but still...
can I please spend $60+toll+gas+parking to see this guy fuck up again?  
Honestly, how many strikes can you give someone?

Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
i only listened to vasoline. this shit happens. not that big of a deal in my estimation. he simply missed the second verse which is easy to do (especially since velvet revolver used to play it that way on purpose) and once that happened it was hard to get back on track. vocalists miss lyrics sometimes live. it happens.

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
Well, what's the point of having a blog/forum if you can't talk about it...or keep talking about it?

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
Yeah, I don't get it really.  I'm no addict, but I've read a few recovery stories before that explain that drug addicts need to kick everything to go sober.  That includes booze.  I've even heard of addicts kicking cigarettes, just for the purpose of not caving in to any addictions.  I don't get how he can claim to be 'clean' when he's still boozing and taking pain pills like mad.  
I wonder if they've ever considered having a counselor go on tour with them...just to keep Scott's head in it.  Similar to what baseball player Josh Hamilton has, or what Kieth Moon had (even if it only lasted one show).

He really needs to quit drinking BEFORE the show. It's like he is so used to being fucked up on something for concerts he thinks that booze will do the trick to simulate that effect, but the problem is NO ONE sings or dances well when they are bombed.

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »
Oh for sure.  Didn't it seem like his speech was WAY slurred too?  Anyone catch him introducing "hollllllywooooood biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch" ????  Unbelievable.
I don't get how I can't show up wasted to my job, but this guy constantly shows up all f'd up all the time.  
I realize everyone's a faceless hero behind the internet, but I'd love to tell him to his face that he fucked up.  I just wonder what his thought process is as he's doing this crap before a show.
I thought I read in an interview that he had the 'high of having two children, and doesn't need the high of drugs because my kids replaced that."  
unreal

Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
What I don't understand is how he can mess up royally on two songs but be fine for the rest.  ???

I think his voice has sounded off pitch and sloppy on most of the songs (even the ones where he gets the lyrics right).  It's the booze.  I can sing really well, but if I'm too drunk, I sound like shit (I know because I've taped it  :-[ ).  I just think a lot of people haven't noticed because A) They're close to the rail and the vocals are drowned out, B) They are loyal and hear what they want to hear, or C) They're just plain tone deaf.

I'm just saying if Scott went on American Idol in this condition, he wouldn't exactly be going to Hollywood...

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
here's a little parting digital soundboard audio gift for everyone, as we collectively wrap this thing up.... this one's a classic... just ask Jessie!!!

"Wicked Garden" - (2000-06-30) - Cleveland, OH

Um - he's correct.  But AIH - you should have posted "Sour Girl" with that FAAAABULOUS intro...  ;D  ;D   Everyone knows that was the highlite of the show.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Peebs"
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight??

I think we need to quit looking at Scott as just a recovering drug addict. The man started drinking around the age of 13, I believe, and has been a borderline (bieng kind there) alcoholic since his teens. It's not a matter of whether or not he needs to quit alcohol because of his drug problem, so much as he needs to quit alcohol because of his alcohol problem.

Now it's a problem, when he was using it wasn't. When your shooting H and coke having a few Budwisers is childs play. You might have a cocktail here and there but your not downing 40oz to enhance the heroin experience....
Most "rockstars" who decided to be dry wasn't because alcohol was a past problem, they just feel if your going to be 100% sober then that includes any and all drugs, alcohol being one of them.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
was this show that bad? i didnt make it there i wish i could have since detroit is the only place i can catch stp at. i never seen stp live and i hope i get the chance soon but what really happend the other night at the filmore?