September 20, 2024, 04:34:13 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32093 times)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:16 PM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
What I don't understand is how he can mess up royally on two songs but be fine for the rest.  ???

I wouldn't exactly call any of the other songs 'fine'. Anything I have heard from this tour is sub-par.

Look, if he was sober and he sounded bad I think people would still be pissed off but not nearly as bad as him going out there blitzed and fucking up words to songs they have been singing for 10-20 years. I mean come on... Really???
Take it.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
whatever... the minute he cleans up his act you guys will all be back to worshiping the ground he walks on

When has Scott ever really cleaned up his act?

I'm not going to hold my breath. Us having to wait around for him to clean up his act just shouldn't be something we should ever HAVE to wait around for.

We are PAYING them to entertain us. We are PAYING them to put on good shows and we are PAYING them to make good music. If they aren't going to do those 3 things then why are they out there???

Scott was clean when he got out of jail for some time. He was in and out of being in relatively decent shape during the VR days. I'd argue that the band is pretty entertaining, regardless of Scott's state. As far as paying them to put on "good" shows and "good" music. Nowhere in any contract they sign does it specify that the music has to be "good". We're not paying for that. They're paid to show up and play, that's it. Scott is not reinventing himself here. The guy has always been unreliable and a junkie. How are any of us surprised at this? It's the nature of the beast. It's why we love STP, they're unpredictable. Especially Scott. I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that Scott is what he is and he's not going to change until the day he dies (which could be sooner than later). Seriously, if the guy hasn't figured it out by now, at 42, is he ever? If you can't deal with the nature of this beast, I suggest you stop following the band. If you can't set your expectations to the possibility that Scott is going to be a mess and screw things up, shame on YOU, not him. Any of us who don't think he's prone to these antics, or don't think he's a primadonna, stop living in lala land. The guy is what he is, love him or hate him. At this point it's not going to change.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
What I don't understand is how he can mess up royally on two songs but be fine for the rest.  ???

I think his voice has sounded off pitch and sloppy on most of the songs (even the ones where he gets the lyrics right).  It's the booze.  I can sing really well, but if I'm too drunk, I sound like shit (I know because I've taped it  :-[ ).  I just think a lot of people haven't noticed because A) They're close to the rail and the vocals are drowned out, B) They are loyal and hear what they want to hear, or C) They're just plain tone deaf.

I'm just saying if Scott went on American Idol in this condition, he wouldn't exactly be going to Hollywood...
Sin make me strong.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2010, 09:20:15 PM »
ALSO- I'd just like to add that while Robert/Dean obviously get annoyed by the flubbed songs, they're obviously sticking through this. Why? Because a Scott Weiland that's in awful shape and a shell of his former self is still more profitable to them than playing with Richard Patrick, or Dave Coutts, or producing Alien Ant Farm records etc etc etc... The band has come to terms with the unpredictable nature of Scott. Do they love it? Of course not. But they've come to accept it. So should we as fans. Either you make the decision to buy a ticket and realize that Scott COULD be a mess, or you don't buy a ticket.

Does Scott need help? Obviously. But that's up to him. I know for a fact the band over the years have reached out to him countless times and have tried to help him. You get to a point where it's not worth it anymore if the guy you are trying to help is not registering a single word of encouragement. Cleaning himself up is up to Scott and Scott alone. Honestly, if the reuniting of his old band, jail, kids, divorce, death of his brother from drugs... etc... after EVERYTHING he's been through, if he's still going to decide to wreck himself like that, what's going to stop him? Certainly not the Deleo brothers, who've been preaching at him for 20 years. They can't help him, and they also can't really afford to break up the band. They need the money, and the bottom line is they're gonna stick with STP not because they love playing in the band, but because STP represents for them the best chance at maintaining the lifestyles they have and putting their kids through college. Gotta look out for #1. I don't blame them, and to their credit, they still put out some pretty kick ass material.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Scott was clean when he got out of jail for some time. He was in and out of being in relatively decent shape during the VR days. I'd argue that the band is pretty entertaining, regardless of Scott's state. As far as paying them to put on "good" shows and "good" music. Nowhere in any contract they sign does it specify that the music has to be "good". We're not paying for that. They're paid to show up and play, that's it. Scott is not reinventing himself here. The guy has always been unreliable and a junkie. How are any of us surprised at this? It's the nature of the beast. It's why we love STP, they're unpredictable. Especially Scott. I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that Scott is what he is and he's not going to change until the day he dies (which could be sooner than later). Seriously, if the guy hasn't figured it out by now, at 42, is he ever? If you can't deal with the nature of this beast, I suggest you stop following the band. If you can't set your expectations to the possibility that Scott is going to be a mess and screw things up, shame on YOU, not him. Any of us who don't think he's prone to these antics, or don't think he's a primadonna, stop living in lala land. The guy is what he is, love him or hate him. At this point it's not going to change.

I follow you, but I don't recall Scott ever sounding quite this crappy consistantly.  I've dealt with the ups and downs of Scott and STP over the years like everyone else here.  I'm not expecting everything to smell like roses.  However, in the past, I think Scott performed his job pretty well regardless of what he was using.  That's not the case today.
Sin make me strong.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
i think if it was just the pain meds scott would just be the crazy 90s scott again..... its the added drinks that destroy him.... it's destroyed him a couple times on the 08 tour. the 09 tour was apparently pretty pure and clean. i saw them twice in 09 and the shows were flawless. And now it seems that on select nights STP is putting on the best shows they've put on in years. And the worst...... i agree with jugeSTP..... like rob dean and eric, we as fans should know what the hell we're getting into at this point. just like GNR fans know that axl might knock some guys ass in the crowd and stop the show. Just like Oasis fans deal with the reality that Noel Gallagher is a pompous prick and Liam Gallagher is a drunken child. This shit happens with risky rock n roll bands.

Make no mistake though, if the comeback is meant to happen it will happen, regardless of Scott's drug problems. They're fanbase has stayed strong enough to fill up arena's in 2008. With new music on the horizon and promotional value and already another top 10 single. STP is on it's way.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
I don't believe they need the money, I really don't.

Sorry, but the more bad performances Scott puts on, the less people will show up for shows.  That's the way it goes.  No, there is no contract that says they must perform well...however, just like the free market, the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me," as well as word of mouth, will destroy the band if it starts to be more like Detroit's Vasoline and less like 2000's HOB Los Angeles performance.

Perform good music well, you sell out and make money.  Perform good music barely better than a drunk bar band, then you'll be playing for beer at some bar.

The problem is, it wasn't that long ago that we were getting a prolific, well-playing band.  from 1999-2002 they put out two records and put on some great, great shows.  Most of them were sober.

Now, the band can just sound terrible at times, and starts with Scott.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2010, 10:27:09 PM »
My heart goes out to Robert, Dean and Eric.  Three classy guys being dragged down by a selfish asshole.  Do whatever you want on your own time but have the decency to respect the band around you.  SO EMBARRASSING!  I don't know what to think.  You can definitely tell he is drunk and the ONLY way he will get sober is to go back to Jail.  So sad :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQEys6GWvo

Looking back to that interview posted on here earlier, he has clear thoughts, doesn't studder and just look so healthy.  GET WELL SCOTT
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:31:27 PM by Stpilots98 »

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Quote from: "CMCracker"
I said it once I will say it again...milwaukee was seriously the BEST untill the end..

detroit sounds like it may be painful to watch...This is however not a good pattern..

Of course it was the best for you cuz you had drunk Scott making eye contact and interacting with you all night  :o lol the rest of the world was witnessing a mess
LOL i love the sound of that hahaha
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
& hickory
https://www.yousendit.com/download/bFFQ ... WUpjR0E9PQ

Damn that was hard to hear. The whole band tries to catch him during the second verse but he keeps going a measure ahead of them again when going into the 2nd chorus. He is either completely off this world or going into those choruses too fast on purpose. Either one of those two, or the audio guy running his monitors has some kind of off-tempo click track running in his ears...

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2010, 10:36:42 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
My heart goes out to Robert, Dean and Eric.  Three classy guys being dragged down by a selfish asshole.  Do whatever you want on your own time but have the decency to respect the band around you.  SO EMBARRASSING!  I don't know what to think.  You can definitely tell he is drunk and the ONLY way he will get sober is to go back to Jail.  So sad :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQEys6GWvo

Looking back to that interview posted on here earlier, he has clear thoughts, doesn't studder and just look so healthy.  GET WELL SCOTT

It's funny. The first couple shows of this mini-tour-- especially SXSW-- Scott was lucid, well spoken and in better shape than he's been in years. Then all of a sudden he's almost in worse shape then he was in May 08. It's just mind-boggeling
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JohnL

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Light My Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2010, 10:46:01 PM »
I just listened to vasoline. Holy hell!! Hickory is even worse than vasoline if that is possible.

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »
the thing is, if Scott continues to keep 'acting weird' (in his world, sorta not into the band 100%, high as fuck, boozer/ whateva etc) as people have noticed.. how much more of it will the Deleos/Eric take? You know, if keeps up with the shit, i hate to say it but i don't think that STP will have much future left   :-

(I really do hope i'm wrong and over-exaggerating)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2010, 12:27:10 AM »
Wow.... As Peebs was eluding to, this reminds me of PNC '08.
adhesive love

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »
He really needs to quit drinking BEFORE the show. It's like he is so used to being fucked up on something for concerts he thinks that booze will do the trick to simulate that effect, but the problem is NO ONE sings or dances well when they are bombed.
adhesive love