September 20, 2024, 04:44:10 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32094 times)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »
Actually it's the booze and not painkillers...................he is completely drunk out of his mind.
Some of  his best shows that you all have ever heard are when he is on opiate based painkillers.
  Booze should be saved for the after party and to wind down. Alcohol fucks up your memory,co-ordination,speech and makes you completely reckless.
 It's sad that millions of people fall back on alcohol because it's a legal drug and can be obtained anywhere.  Little do they know it's one of the most deadly drugs out there.
 Now that he has been pounding everyday....and does try to slow down....alcohol withdrawls can cause seizures and nervous system damage when when your dependent body tries to revert back to normal.
  hawk.
ps. Yeah I wasn't really avoiding anybody like andrew ivanhaynes said. Christie called my name as I was strolling by the sidewalk line. She was first in line and waited all day to get in with a couple other members here. She was the first let in the building and was probably standing there for atleast 5 to 6 hours. Way to go Christie you are a die hard fan.
My party was across the street at comerica park and I got out of our van just as Scott's bus was pulling in. Still had an amzing time but I just worried for all of us here and our love and future of this community

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2010, 07:43:44 PM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Actually it's the booze and not painkillers...................he is completely drunk out of his mind.
Some of  his best shows that you all have ever heard are when he is on opiate based painkillers.
  Booze should be saved for the after party and to wind down. Alcohol fucks up your memory,co-ordination,speech and makes you completely reckless.
 It's sad that millions of people fall back on alcohol because it's a legal drug and can be obtained anywhere.  Little do they know it's one of the most deadly drugs out there.
 Now that he has been pounding everyday....and does try to slow down....alcohol withdrawls can cause seizures and nervous system damage when when your dependent body tries to revert back to normal.
  hawk.
ps. Yeah I wasn't really avoiding anybody like andrew ivanhaynes said. Christie called my name as I was strolling by the sidewalk line. She was first in line and waited all day to get in with a couple other members here. She was the first let in the building and was probably standing there for atleast 5 to 6 hours. Way to go Christie you are a die hard fan.
My party was across the street at comerica park and I got out of our van just as Scott's bus was pulling in. Still had an amzing time but I just worried for all of us here and our love and future of this community

I think it's both.  My gf's mom has a painkiller problem, and so does one of my best friend's mom's...when they're high they both speak gibberish and slur.

AS far as "best shows", the best shows I saw and heard were on No. 4's tour.  He was clean.  He didn't begin to inch his way towards doing again until the recording of SLDD when he was on painkillers, and that reached a head in Vegas with the fake domestic violence call.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
Quote from: "hawk900"
  hawk.

I think it's both.  My gf's mom has a painkiller problem, and so does one of my best friend's mom's...when they're high they both speak gibberish and slur.

AS far as "best shows", the best shows I saw and heard were on No. 4's tour.  He was clean.  He didn't begin to inch his way towards doing again until the recording of SLDD when he was on painkillers, and that reached a head in Vegas with the fake domestic violence call.

Yea drugs don't have the same effect on you after a bunch of yrs of abuse even after1 yr dope and coke isnt the same
If you only knew..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Not only will I not see this tour, I will tell anyone thinking of buying tickets not to go.

That's a little bit rash, don't you think? A lot of people said that after the NJ show in 08. A lot of the people who said that actually went to see them in the fall tour because they imporved. Yes there's a possibility that the future shows won't go so well, but there's also a possibility things will take and up swing like they did after the PNC debacle in 08.

What I'm saying is that a lot of people (a lot of which didn't even go to EITHER show in question, and are just judging each show by youtube videos of 2 songs each) are rushing to judge. We are not going to judge the state of the next tour on this show, no matter what. If in the summer they do 3 months straight of fantastic shows, are you seriously going to tell people "Yeah, they're playing the best shows they've played since the reunion. But they had two really bad shows in March, so don't pay to go see them!"?

If Scott's in awful shape when the next tour starts, then you can tell people not to go. But the juries still out right now.

People shouldn't go period until he gets his ass in rehab, unless you're alla bunch of rich bastards who have money to spend lol not me i skipped rent many times for stp but not this time.
If you only knew..

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
Not only will I not see this tour, I will tell anyone thinking of buying tickets not to go.

That's a little bit rash, don't you think? A lot of people said that after the NJ show in 08. A lot of the people who said that actually went to see them in the fall tour because they imporved. Yes there's a possibility that the future shows won't go so well, but there's also a possibility things will take and up swing like they did after the PNC debacle in 08.

What I'm saying is that a lot of people (a lot of which didn't even go to EITHER show in question, and are just judging each show by youtube videos of 2 songs each) are rushing to judge. We are not going to judge the state of the next tour on this show, no matter what. If in the summer they do 3 months straight of fantastic shows, are you seriously going to tell people "Yeah, they're playing the best shows they've played since the reunion. But they had two really bad shows in March, so don't pay to go see them!"?

If Scott's in awful shape when the next tour starts, then you can tell people not to go. But the juries still out right now.

What I meant was that I have friends who know I have seen them many times and they have yet to go see them.  If any of them think about it, I'll tell them to think twice this tour unless things start to turn around.

This is especially true because tickets, at least in '09, were at least double what I had paid to see them 8 years ago and they're playing half as well.

Ok, I see. People should deff be cautious about spending the money. But it's just a lot of people are acting like it's the end of the band for certain... But that's simply not true.

I kind of wrote out how bad he slurred and messed with the first freaking song...and it's nothing compared to how sour many of the notes are.

Believe me, I am someone who never thinks it's as bad as people say.

This is the worst performance I have heard from Scott.  It made my ears bleed like hearing Robert sing back up to Pop's Love Suicide used to.

They've been through a lot, but unless I NEEDED the money, there'd be no reason for me to share the stage with that bullshit.  It's one thing when you're 25 and all of you are in various states of inebriation.  But when you're all 40+, dad's, and professionals, time to move on.  Deleo's have enough money to find another singer and just quietly make music as long as they want.  Hate to say it, but I wouldn't put up with it.  

At least that's how I feel now.  Maybe something will come out that I don't know.  We'll see.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:27 PM »
He wasn't this bad when he was doped up on heroin.  Even high as a kite Scott usually did excellent shows, but this obvious alcohol abuse and possible pain med abuse is shameful.

Shame on you Scott.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2010, 08:20:04 PM »
Quote from: "vicious1"
So much for all the "my brothers in STP" bullshit that Scott rattled off when they first got back together. I'm actually a little teary thinking about how poorly he's treating 3 guys that seem super cool. I thought Scott was so cool around this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQEys6GWvo

I'm also annoyed that the Solo shows seemed to go fairly smoothly - but as soon as he's back with STP he starts being an asshole.

This sucks.
The solo show I saw in 2008 was garbage, but I don't think it was because of drugs/booze haha.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
He wasn't this bad when he was doped up on heroin.  Even high as a kite Scott usually did excellent shows, but this obvious alcohol abuse and possible pain med abuse is shameful.

Shame on you Scott.
Yeah there's obviously a difference.  On heroin Scott was nuts and crazy onstage and somehow could still put on a great show.  See Rolling Rock 2001.  I'm not saying I want Scott on heroin at all, just an observation.  Now though when he sucks live he's basically like Jim Morrison, aka drunk.  I'm glad the fans here are giving him a hard time, he's being a world class dick right now to Rob, Dean, and Eric.  I hope they stick it out even if they hate each other, for selfish reasons.  Scott really needs to get his ass to rehab though.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
Wow, this is all just terrible to read. I really thought that STP was making a legit comeback and that everything was going well. Guess I was being naive. I'm not counting them out just yet and still plan on seeing them in DC May 22nd, but this is really, really discouraging. SCOTT PLEASE STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF AND YOUR FANS! GET HELP MAN!!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
I haven't been on here much since my posts last week but I see nothing has changed.

Scott's still being a Grade A selfish cocksucker. It seems the shows are getting worse.

Time to cancel the tours already. Scott's murdering the STP name. I really do feel bad for the other guys for having to deal with this garbage night after night but if they didn't want to deal with this shit on stage, my only guess is they really need the cash. Why else?

Once Scott started pulling his "recording on his own" crap, I would have bailed then.

What a douche.
Take it.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2010, 08:44:12 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Wow, this is all just terrible to read. I really thought that STP was making a legit comeback and that everything was going well. Guess I was being naive. I'm not counting them out just yet and still plan on seeing them in DC May 22nd, but this is really, really discouraging. SCOTT PLEASE STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF AND YOUR FANS! GET HELP MAN!!

AND FOR HIS KIDS!!!
Take it.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"

AND FOR HIS KIDS!!!
yeah that too! i feel terrible for them
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »
whatever... the minute he cleans up his act you guys will all be back to worshiping the ground he walks on

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
What I don't understand is how he can mess up royally on two songs but be fine for the rest.  ???
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2010, 09:02:43 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
whatever... the minute he cleans up his act you guys will all be back to worshiping the ground he walks on

When has Scott ever really cleaned up his act?

I'm not going to hold my breath. Us having to wait around for him to clean up his act just shouldn't be something we should ever HAVE to wait around for if they expect to sell out shows. I'm not saying these guys need to be perfect night in and night out but they have shows booked or plans for shows to get well into next year. HOW are they going to do this with Scott fucking off the way he is in the first month of shows???

We are PAYING them to entertain us. We are PAYING them to put on good shows and we are PAYING them to make good music. If they aren't going to do those 3 things then why are they out there???
Take it.