September 20, 2024, 06:55:40 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32096 times)

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2010, 04:38:49 PM »
ill throw the whole thing on dime in the next few days if anyone wants to hear more.
-Dewey

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2010, 04:39:29 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
I am not completely sticking up for scott because he is probably maybe messed up too, but this is more of not being able to hear the music and his cues....it still could be a monitor problem

That's true. That would explain why he's of key AND why he's off time. And I don't know if anyone here has ever lost their place while singing a song, but it's hard as fuck to get back in time after you've made a mistake. I'm not saying Scott's sober. I'm just saying he doesn't have to be completely stoned or drunk out of his mind to make the mistake.

Whatever the problem is; booze, drugs or tech issues. They need to fix it immediately. They have two more shows in this mini-tour, and those had better go smooth as fucking gravy.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
ill throw the whole thing on dime in the next few days if anyone wants to hear more.
LOL what does this mean?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
LOL what does this mean?

He means he will upload the whole concert to the dime-a-dozen torrent trackers.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:44:21 PM by Pingfah »

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
LOL what does this mean?

Yeah, I'd love to hear it IF the 2nd half is better as has been suggested.

It is better, right?!

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
Hickory Dichotomy was so "Run after Scott guys!!" again after the solo which can b the most obvious Cue, saved the remainder of the song.

Scott, Scott, Scott!! Now have to listen to the other songs put up to see if its the same there or not, coz otherwise im thinkin it must b the monitors issue!!!  >:( coz Its really annoying when u cant hear the rest of the guys playing n ur left wonderin ill play on, vll fall in cue !!!

Yeah i sure hope its just monitor issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »
Ok, I listened to it. It's terrible. Scott is pretty drunk, it sounds like. The quality of the recording is really good though, unfortunately.

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
last night was not monitor issues. scott came out before the rest of the band (strange, to begin with -he likes grand entrances) and started mumbling about "bugs" (listen to the beginning of vasoline) and then the guys came out and went into vasoline. he then continued to not make sense in between the songs as the show went on. he did sweat out some of the alcohol a third of the way thru and the show improved, but it was still the worst ive seen him, and ive been seeing this band since 94.
-Dewey

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »
i only listened to vasoline. this shit happens. not that big of a deal in my estimation. he simply missed the second verse which is easy to do (especially since velvet revolver used to play it that way on purpose) and once that happened it was hard to get back on track. vocalists miss lyrics sometimes live. it happens.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
Quote from: "Pingfah"
LOL what does this mean?

He means he will upload the whole concert to the dime-a-dozen torrent trackers.

ooh gotcha..haha I just want the new ones =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »
Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
i only listened to vasoline. this shit happens. not that big of a deal in my estimation. he simply missed the second verse which is easy to do (especially since velvet revolver used to play it that way on purpose) and once that happened it was hard to get back on track. vocalists miss lyrics sometimes live. it happens.

dude he was wasted end of story and ripped off everyone in that place period.

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2010, 05:04:40 PM »

Yeah, that'd be great! This sounds right on par with your Fillmore '08 tapes, nice work!
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
Forgot to mention that they didn't do the usual musical intro when the guys come on stage.  Scott came on by himself and no one really knew he was there at first.  All of a sudden it was like oh, I guess the show is starting.  Then the rest of the guys came a minute or two later.

I feel like my cat died too.  Perfect analogy.  My husband kept saying it was the worst STP show he's seen.  I don't know, I left feeling very disappointed....that is until I met Robert.  Funny, he acted like nothing happened, as nice as could be.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »
Quote from: "XxCollinsxX"
Quote from: "UnclePeppi"

dude he was wasted end of story and ripped off everyone in that place period.

Well WELCOME to what was my PNC show....
And everyone poo-poo'd those reviews of the show back in 08.

NOW you know what WE talked about then.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
aH was in the house last night...he didn't say anything about a sub-par performance...but it was pretty late when I spoke to him...

Who was/were the opener last night?
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy