September 20, 2024, 04:45:50 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 32095 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-31 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2010, 07:48:21 AM »
Quote from: "XxCollinsxX"
Quote from: "Ivy"
Quote from: "XxCollinsxX"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX955RbWv3M

heres a link to vasoline....its far away but u can still see and hear the fuckin mess that happened and kinda see deans pissed off.

God that was painful to listen to.

wait untill someone uploads Hickory,they fuckin raped that song,ive never seen ne thing like it in my life out of all the gigs ive been to,dean and rob stopped playing,god it was bad,hopefully someone got it and will upload it. i was in shock to record anything i couldnt beilive what was happing...i mean not in Detroit not the show i see...it feels like my cat died or something. im dispointed,pissed off and upset i wasted my money and time i could be spending with my kid,rather than to see how fucked up scott weiland is.

Man, I wasn't even there and I feel like my cat died. I can't imagine how you feel.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2010, 07:53:57 AM »
booze maybe? It's amazing how Scott used to say alcohol was his gateway to hard drugs. and now? "I can drink my scotch and be okay with it". It's amazing how that "once and alcoholic always an alco..." is complete bullshit if Scott's to believe right?I think a) alcohol alone fucks you up enough to mess up b) he MIGHT be doing something else too. But it is some poison that makes him that sloppy, mumbling poor show..
but like it's been said - rehab.
and to those for whom it's so important that STP "conquers the rock world again" like it's 1993, well fuck, never in a million with Scott like this..
I had the midwife naked and alone

stpforever

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2010, 07:56:59 AM »
i drove from cleveland to see them. i didnt want to miss out being that they were so close. i still enjoyed the show but i am definatly sad about scotts condition. dean, rob, and eric were great. i am a fan of scott's and it just troubles me to no end to witness that kind of performance by him.

vicious1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »
So much for all the "my brothers in STP" bullshit that Scott rattled off when they first got back together. I'm actually a little teary thinking about how poorly he's treating 3 guys that seem super cool. I thought Scott was so cool around this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQEys6GWvo

I'm also annoyed that the Solo shows seemed to go fairly smoothly - but as soon as he's back with STP he starts being an asshole.

This sucks.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2010, 08:15:22 AM »
Quote from: "vicious1"
So much for all the "my brothers in STP" bullshit that Scott rattled off when they first got back together. I'm actually a little teary thinking about how poorly he's treating 3 guys that seem super cool. I thought Scott was so cool around this time:

I'm also annoyed that the Solo shows seemed to go fairly smoothly - but as soon as he's back with STP he starts being an asshole.

This sucks.

To be fair, most of the 2008 and 2009 STP shows went off without a hitch. And this tour was going great until he broke his heel. Sure, it was only 3 or 4 shows in, but I think things would have been different had he not fallen off the stage in Sioux City.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:10 AM »

This sucks.

The solo show ended quite a long time ago. All STPs shows in 09 went really smoothly. So it's not a matter of "he's back with sTP so he doesn't care." Whatever's going on, I don't think we should start calling Scott and asshole when we don't even know what's causing it.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"

This sucks.

The solo show ended quite a long time ago. All STPs shows in 09 went really smoothly. So it's not a matter of "he's back with sTP so he doesn't care." Whatever's going on, I don't think we should start calling Scott and asshole when we don't even know what's causing it.

The thing is, the people who shell out for tickets and in many cases drive good distances to see this circus act don't care about the reason.  I think they have every right to expect Weiland to sober up for 80 minutes and run through songs like Vasoline with ease.  And if they can't do that, then they don't need to be touring and save people the disappointment.

I've seen them several times, but I'm done traveling to see them.  If they roll through my city, I'll go, and if I get a decent show that's great, but I'll be fully prepared for pure spectacle too.

Also, I obviously can't say to an absolute certainty, but I'm not buying this broken bone bullshit either.  Weiland isn't out there night after night walking around on a broken bone with only a flask or some pain meds to prop him up.  Come on.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »
Quote from: "tumbleintherough"
i cant believe im gonna miss this show man this sucks i tried weeks ago asking people here if they wanted to sell any tix for this show but i got no response :(  i have yet to see stp live i wish and hope one day i will get that chance. i seen scott live tho last year here in detroit best show i ever went to, anyway let me know how this show goes everyone

this is really lame... i can't believe it either... there are many resources out there that could have been strategically utilized for the purpose of acquiring a ticket.

plain & simple, you should have just gone down to venue... someone always has a ticket... the band put me on the guest list tonight, so i had an extra ticket...

clearly, it's your loss for taking non-action.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2010, 10:12:15 AM »
had an overall wonderful night.... just got home... drove 4.5 hours there..... and then drove 4.5 hours home....

got to spend some time with the BE gang... Christie & Big D, Dewey, & K-Sham... Hawk Dillinger was either missing in action... or blowing me off like he usually does.

made some new friends tonight too.... and also spent some time with each STP band member which was pretty amazing...

Robert, Dean, Scott & Eric - thank you for each taking a few minutes to talk with me, sign autographs and take pictures... you guys are the absolute best!!!

A very special thanks to the STP Tour Management Team & Road Crew... your hospitality, professionalism and class speak volumes for the types of people that you all are.

with that, the infamous "aH." is signing off.

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
time with Robert! :) .........good for you!
Quote from: "christie1991"
pretty much agree with what kshamrock said about the show.  I stood next to him for about 7hrs tonight LOL.  I would agree with the term uncomfortable for the first part.  After that it was pretty tight.  Quite honestly I would say the Milwaukee show was waaay better before all the BS happened.  On a happier note, I got to meet Robert after the show along with a lot of other people.  What a sweetheart!  There was quite a crowd hanging out and he signed everything and took a ton of pictures.  He said he recognized me, whether he did or not, I don't really know LOL.  I'll post the pics tomorrow.  I have to go to bed now-work in a couple hours ugh!

Oh yeah, so I got to meet kshamrock, hawk and andrewivanhayes tonight.  That was really cool!

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »
I thought somethin like this would happen after reading the Kretz interview of how theyve never had a bad show at Detroit! Spoke to soon..... :-

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »
Damn! I guess I lucked out. Sorry to hear about that, you guys. This has me kind of concerned for Friday. I'm weighing whether or not it's even worth going now.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »
Oh jeez, i'm usually quite chipper but these few reports of things going south so quickly into the tour have even me worried.

Scott needs to shape up right now, like immediately. The band need some serious promo from Atlantic for this record, and if they think the band is going to implode again before the album is even released, they ain't gonna waste their money putting a lot of marketing behind this release.

The Joker

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »
The 2008 tour had its own problems too (I'd say Tampa show cancel was a dark moment in STP tour history as well as the infamous Jersey show) and they came out alright from it. I hope for the same this year but it will not surprise me to wake up one day to a rock star implosion.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »
Oh well looks like i won't be helping Scott with his habits this yr. wherever the fuck they go i won't be buying a ticket, idk what happened this time but maybe i just lost all respect for him when it comes to treating his fans, i mean thinking back of all the shit he has pulled these past 3 yrs is ridiculous enough, he either goes to rehab or i won't be paying for shit, that's also the thing though he knows people are gonna be buying the tickets anyways so he doesn't care because his pockets are filled by the end of the night. if people stopped showing cuz of it maybe he would rethink the whole thing. he doesn't communicate much wiht the rest of the band, he travels on his own, he doesn't watch his performances and he's got ppl around saying SCOTT YOU DID SO GREAT!!. maybe if people boooed lots at the end of a bad performance then he would realize how much of a fuck up he's being but us fans are so loyal to them that we would feel bad to make the rest of the band feel bad.
If you only knew..