September 20, 2024, 01:19:48 PM

Author Topic: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom  (Read 28366 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2010, 06:30:57 AM »
Quote from: "cgg"
Looked like Dean was just switching to a Tele at the end of that video.

The first verse of D&B though?  :o

I thought that too but "

they came out for one more song. Weiland said they were going to play Piece of Pie, Dean spoke into Scott's ear and Scott corrected himself and said he must be "Trippin'." They played Trippin"

Dean doesn't use his tele for that and after DAB they do Lounge Fly...which made think this could all be blown out of proportion... but the tweets are enough to know i guess...
If you only knew..

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2010, 06:32:16 AM »
Interstate was Amazing!  8)

nicks

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »
OK. Sorry.  Scott was fucking up words for a good part of the show.  When it got to D&B he totally forgot them and the melody.  DeLeos were just looking at each other and stopped playing.  Robert walked almost off stage.  Kretz finally stopped but Scott was just signing mumble jumbles.  Dean pulled Scott's monitors and he actually sounded better after that, but
but they ended up quitting the song.

They went to Lounge Fly, but Robert and Dean looked really reluctant.  Scott was still messing it up and just into the acoustic part, both DeLeos walked off.  Kretz soon followed.

A couple minutes later they all came back on.  Scott tried to introduce Po'P, but then said Trippin.  They played that OK, but you could see the disgust in the D's faces.

After that they did the group waving goodbye/thank you thing.  The 3 walked off to the left.  Scott grabbed a mic, said something like "boys & girls, ladies & Gentlemen,  cocksuckers..." then walked off to the right.

nicks

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2010, 06:36:29 AM »
Scott said in the beginning that he broke his heel last night.  He was moving around well....but he was probably jacked on painkillers.  It's a pretty terrible bone to break.  The whole show was very tight until D&B.

New songs were damn good.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2010, 06:39:19 AM »
Quote from: "nicks"
OK. Sorry.  Scott was fucking up words for a good part of the show.  When it got to D&B he totally forgot them and the melody.  DeLeos were just looking at each other and stopped playing.  Robert walked almost off stage.  Kretz finally stopped but Scott was just signing mumble jumbles.  Dean pulled Scott's monitors and he actually sounded better after that, but
but they ended up quitting the song.

They went to Lounge Fly, but Robert and Dean looked really reluctant.  Scott was still messing it up and just into the acoustic part, both DeLeos walked off.  Kretz soon followed.

A couple minutes later they all came back on.  Scott tried to introduce Po'P, but then said Trippin.  They played that OK, but you could see the disgust in the D's faces.

After that they did the group waving goodbye/thank you thing.  The 3 walked off to the left.  Scott grabbed a mic, said something like "boys & girls, ladies & Gentlemen,  cocksuckers..." then walked off to the right.

Thats when he must have said the cocksucker blues part...fuck this isnt good
and as far as cocksucker blues goes if you guys do your stones trivia you'd know what he means , just look it up im not fuckin typing anymore this really pissed me off fuck this shit come on scott.
If you only knew..

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »
So nicks, do you think this was "ok" in that Scott might have been on pain meds? Or did you sense something worse?

It seems odd that his issues got worse later in the show. That's usually the opposite of booze or illicit drug taking. Those folks tend to be messed up early.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2010, 06:44:08 AM »
Quote from: "detomaso"
So nicks, do you think this was "ok" in that Scott might have been on pain meds? Or did you sense something worse?

It seems odd that his issues got worse later in the show. That's usually the opposite of booze or illicit drug taking. Those folks tend to be messed up early.

see the pain meds is bullshit and dumb fuckin excuse otherwise the rest of the guys would understand the issue.
If you only knew..

nicks

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »
He did a lot of babbling all night.  Ironic that this is the same venue I saw VR in a couples years ago and they broke up like a week later.

I felt really bad for the band...the looks on their faces really showed disappointment, frustration and anger.  

I really hope I'm wrong, but the vibe was bad.

vicious1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2010, 06:50:56 AM »
yeah, but then you gotta think - if you're on pain meds the DR would tell you - 'no alcohol' or rigorous exercise.

Having said that - there's no way Scott wouldn't have been drinking - especially if he was in a bit of pain. The band could be pissed at him for not having the common sense or professionalism - to lay off the booze for a few days.

Purely speculation - but:

booze, a rigorous performance, pain meds and bi-polar - quite a bad mix.

I do feel sorry for Scott though and he seems like a pretty sad sort guy a lot of the time - must be hard.

fredisidle

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2010, 07:07:42 AM »
The Deleo's deserve a lot of credit here...  They gave Scott every chance tonight, you could tell they had some code to tell him when he was out of sync.  They kept going over by Kretz and trying to get the song back on track.  Also, the audio guys just lowered Scott's mic volume until it sounded better, which seemed to cover up most of the problem until the meltdown on Dead and Bloated.  To the normal person, it probably just looked like Scott was having a great time.

After Sex Type Thing, Dead and Bloated, and Lounge Fly all went south and the Deleo's walked off clearly not happy... but they came back to do Trippin' even though they seemed embarrased by Scott and wanted to just leave.  They are classy people and deserve a lot of credit for trying to do whats right for the fans.

I think a lot of the crowed was plastered, and marginal STP fans, so the tweets might just be reflective of what your moderate STP fan would think.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2010, 07:13:26 AM »
I think their next show will tell the tale.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »
To me, Scott seemed intoxicated throughout the show. Seemed drunk or I thought maybe the pain pills because of the heel. He did keep sipping on some beverage throughout the show, but I don't know what it was. Although he sounded really slurry and rambling when talking between songs, he actually did a great job for most of the show. It was excellent and thoroughly enjoyable. And the DeLeos didn't seem mad at him or anything. Dean actually came up and played his guitar with the neck stuck between Weiland's legs at one point. But... once they got to Dead & Bloated, partway in, Scott got completely lost and just seemed to forget the whole song, lyrics and melody. They tried to kind of go into a little jammy part to cover until they could get their bearings, but it just kind got more and more off track and Scott never seemed to be able to pick back up. So, Dean walks off to the side and switches guitars and they go into LoungeFly. Dean walked up to Scott and took out his ear monitor and said something into his ear. I thought, "Oh maybe it's all just a technical issue with Scott's monitor and he's not wasted." Scott seemed to start off okay, a little bit off, but then by the time they got to the acoustic section, he was behind the beat and sounded like a sloppy drunk guy singing at a wedding. The band kept trying to kind of pause and try to follow Scott or give him a chance to find the right part, but he just seemed to keep changing to different parts of the song. I saw Robert look at Dean and shake his head, as if to say, "this isn't going to be salvagable" and then, finally, the Deleos took off their instruments and walked to the side of the stage. Kretz keep drumming and Weiland seemed oblivious to the fact that there was no more guitar and bass. He keep kind of improvising on the melody and singing until Kretz played an ending-of-the-song kind of drum thing to try to signal to Scott to wrap it up, but he kept singing a bit after that. Then Kretz got up and walked right past Scott without looking at him or touching him, and off the stage on the same side that the Deleos went. Scott finally then walked off stage on the other side. The lights went down and I really didn't think that they'd even try to do an encore. A little while later, Weiland walks back onstage and starts to introduce Piece of Pie. The rest of the band comes on and Dean stops and says something in Scott's ear and then Scott drunkingly mumbles something like, "No piece of pie for yooooou. This is Trippin." Then they go into Trippin' and Scott seems to just barely be able to keep up with the song and seems to fall behind a bit. I thought it was odd though, that during these songs where everything was going wrong, Scott almost seemed oblivious to the fact that he was messing up. It's like he kept right on dancing and posing and singing like he thought he was doing great. He never looked embarrassed or frustrated. You'd think he would've tried to play it off by saying "Oops, I messed that up." or somehow acknowledge that the song got screwed up. He even said something, I think it was right before DAB, about "You might just be the best audience ever." And Dean said something about "Do you wanna play the Rave with us?"
Anyway, after Trippin' the band starts to walk to the front of the stage to say their goodbyes and bow and everything. Dean is the first to get up front and I distinctly saw him mouth "Sorry" to the audience and kind of wave. Then Weiland gets up front followed by Kretz and Robert and I was actually suprised that they all stood so close to Scott after all of this. But again, Weiland, seemed oblivious to the disaster. He's up there, head high like he just rocked the place, patting his hand over his heart, kind of like "You guys are so great, I'm touched." and then does this dramatic salute. Then the Deleos and Kretz walk off to one side of the stage again and Weiland says something into the mic that I couldn't understand (from the other posts, it seems to be something about cocksucker blues) and then exits on the opposite side. And now we all wait to hear what the aftermath of this is going to be. My guess is that the Deleos & Kretz just let it fly because they just accept that Scott's gonna have his good days and his bad days and that's just something they're gonna have to deal with to have STP. Weiland will probably just say something about how it's an unpredictable rock n roll show or blame it on equipment issues. But, who knows...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:46:58 AM by ejsme »

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2010, 07:23:05 AM »
We just got home

Outside of the end of show this may be the BEST STP concert I have ever seen.  They were all in great spirits especially scott.  he was making eye contact almost all through the show. he came down off the stage and into the photo pit and was handing the mic to people to sing. he messed up sour girl lyrics pretty earl, he did fall down during the show and he prefaced that by saying he broke his heel last night.  He also said that he wsa taking pills and mentioned they were not working anymore.  they sounded fab and were playing and smiling at each other all show. putting the mic between deans legs and then dean put his guitar through scotts later in the show.. It was seriously the best!......

Dead and bloated pretty much was all fucked up but even then robert kinda had a smile on his face and dean pulled his monitors out.. scott was still happy. Then lounge fly was a complete trainwreck. from the very start he missed the cue and was like a verse off. towards the end robert just gave up trying to get back in sync with him and the look on his face said it all.  he was PISSED and stormed off stage followed by dean and scotty kept on singing all happy and full out.  eric left and scott left on the OTHER side if the stage.  They came back out and scott said they were gonna play piece of pie and dean wispered in his ear and scott said in a joking tone "no piece of pie for you, I must be trippin" and went into trippin.  SHOW OVER
No ENCORE
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2010, 07:30:45 AM »
Plus sides
Umm we got to full out touch him LOL He was literally right in front of me in the photo pit and mu hand was on his shoulder for like a solid 30 seconds! All show i could see him lookin directly at me

robert end of show threw 2 guitar picks directly at me, i ended up dropping them however the crew grabbed them for me =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2010, 07:37:52 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
We just got home

Outside of the end of show this may be the BEST STP concert I have ever seen.  They were all in great spirits especially scott.  he was making eye contact almost all through the show. he came down off the stage and into the photo pit and was handing the mic to people to sing. he messed up sour girl lyrics pretty earl, he did fall down during the show and he prefaced that by saying he broke his heel last night.  He also said that he wsa taking pills and mentioned they were not working anymore.  they sounded fab and were playing and smiling at each other all show. putting the mic between deans legs and then dean put his guitar through scotts later in the show.. It was seriously the best!......

Dead and bloated pretty much was all fucked up but even then robert kinda had a smile on his face and dean pulled his monitors out.. scott was still happy. Then lounge fly was a complete trainwreck. from the very start he missed the cue and was like a verse off. towards the end robert just gave up trying to get back in sync with him and the look on his face said it all.  he was PISSED and stormed off stage followed by dean and scotty kept on singing all happy and full out.  eric left and scott left on the OTHER side if the stage.  They came back out and scott said they were gonna play piece of pie and dean wispered in his ear and scott said in a joking tone "no piece of pie for you, I must be trippin" and went into trippin.  SHOW OVER
No ENCORE

Is this your first STP show? if not i wish i could be as happy as you are after witnessing something that sounds like a complete debacle. falling, rambling, fuckin up lyrics, and full awkwardness sounds like one of those shows from the 2008 nightmare extravaganza tour lol
If you only knew..