September 20, 2024, 08:00:31 AM

Author Topic: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom  (Read 28328 times)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2010, 04:23:33 AM »
Quote from: "fredisidle"
Scott also had some fascination with maracas, which I don’t recall seeing in previous shows.  

Scott's been using maracas since VR days

Quote from: "detomaso"
Well, we're famous!  ::)  Blabbermouth is using this thread's quotes as 99% of a story about the Milwaukee concert.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=137520
haha! Sometimes I can't believe that site :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2010, 04:29:44 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
If you weren't at this show, keep your mouth shut about it.

Relax bro... seriously.... before I have Bowser spit fire & throw hammers at you!!!!
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/a/af/Bowser333.png
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 04:57:32 AM by andrewivanhayes »

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2010, 04:56:44 AM »
Quote from: "Casual"
What made the 1999 HOB show infamous?

this should pretty much clear up any ambiguity around the infamy of the 1999 HOB performance...

"The late 1990's era of very bad radio music... but are you gonna do something about it"

- S.Weiland

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2010, 04:58:54 AM »
It occurs to me that maybe something like what happened last night in Milwaukee may have happened 2 or 3 or 4 times on every STP tour since 1995.....but we're only seeing / hearing / freaking out about them in 2010 and 2008 due to Youtube, Twitter and the like.

Doesn't necessarily mean the band is on the verge of falling apart....any more than usual.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2010, 06:04:14 AM »

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2010, 06:10:22 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
This is the vid...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJQue8WB ... r_embedded

hawk.

Whatever it was it's already been pulled down

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
That's the first time I've ever seen a live STP video taken down.  Maybe they don't want bad press with the new album coming out...

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Vaporized"
To all of you that keep saying this was the best show you have ever seen, you either have a really skewed view on where STP is today as a band and are totally brainwashed by them or the idea of them once again being as good as they used to be, OR you have clearly not been to enough concerts.

Were you at this show? How do you know that aside from the mess ups at the end that it wasn't a great show?

It very well could have been the best concert that some people have gone to, and for you to say that people have a skewed view of STP is straight up retarded.

If you weren't at this show, keep your mouth shut about it.

Hahaha whoa chief! Take it easy.

No, I wasn't at the show but come on, you'd have to be a complete idiot to watch those clips of, not just Dead and Bloated but the other clips of the new songs and say it was "The best show they have ever seen" or "The best show they have ever been to." Everything about those clips was a hot mess so how can that be said? I urge you guys to listen to some of the older live shows and then come back and watch the youtube clips. Clean out your ears... I think you got some serious wax buildup going on.

I also realize these clips are off of handycams and shit so the sound won't be good. There are older clips from handycams floating around and those sound fantastic.

I watched some clips from Chicago and it was better. Not great like most seem to keep saying but it was a lot better. Let's hope he can keep it together like this for the rest of the shows because ultimately what always happens with Scott is the more shows they seem to play, the better he sounds. He's gotta stay away from the sauce in order to make this thing work.
Take it.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2010, 03:06:01 PM »
I completely agree with Andrew.  It was one of the best shows I've ever been to.  I am not an idiot or brainwashed.  Yes, the end was mmm effed up but up til that point it was outstanding.  It pisses me off that you were not there and you are telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about.  I had a great time, it was worth the 6hr plus drive and I can't wait til Wednesday's show.

Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
just watched the dead and bloated video and you girls blew this way out of proportion. so he went to "i run through the world..." instead of "oh yeah and she says its.." big deal! i can see that happening.

"you girls blew this way out of proportion"    um.....it was "the boys" that walked off stage

deadlystiletto

• Arrival
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/deadlystiletto
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
This was my second STP show. The first time I saw them at Summerfest in 2008 at the Marcus Ampitheater on July 4.

To preface, the Summerfest show was pretty surreal. First of all, I was in elementary school during the real heyday of bands like STP, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc., so I wasn't able to experience them in their height nor before some burned out and faded away. I grew to discover the music of the early 90s when I was in high school (so appropriate; teenage angst and grunge music go together so well!) - and I loved it. Of course, half the bands I discovered had either disbanded or their lead singer had OD'd at that point so I never expected to see them live.

That being said, STP at Summerfest a few years ago was like a dream. Scott came out in an American flag, the band played a ton of familiar songs as well as a few lesser-rotated selections, and the energy in the place was incredible. Lots of crowd members singing along, plenty of passion from the stage, and great sound in the venue. I left pretty satisfied, feeling that I had been transported back in time to that era when most music wasn't auto-tuned and synthesized.

Flash forward to the Eagles Ballroom on Friday night. This show was definitely different in comparison. I definitely don't think it was as horrible as some are reporting. For the majority of the night, I thought the performance was wonderful. Vocals sounded great from where I was at, and Dean played flawlessly right in front of me for most of the concert. (I was on the rail off to the right, which probably explains why my ear is still ringing as I type this!) Scott was his typically animated and entertaining frontman - coming down off the stage to sing next to the fans, climbing on speakers, and doing that shuffle-dance that many have come to love. 8)

That being said, Scott was obviously affected by something - he was slurring and mumbling quite a bit at times when he talked to the crowd, and admittedly he was on painkillers for his broken heel. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but in front of the drumset there were two bottles - one clearly labeled "apple" and I am -pretty- sure the other one said "scotch." Now, those labels might not have even been accurate, but that would have explained a lot...

Something obviously went wrong at the end, after Dean ripped out Scott's earpiece and yelled something in his ear, then walked off the stage a few minutes later. When Dean came back out on stage, his attitude was the most markedly different: he stood back farther from the crowd and his face was stuck in a very sullen expression. The whole ending of the concert left me, as a fan, feeling very uncomfortable. The roadies wouldn't even throw down the set lists after the concert - everyone related to the band seemed very unhappy after the concert ended. Scott seemed to be the only person who was oblivious to it all, and maybe for a reason.

In summation, I don't think that this concert is signaling the downfall of STP... I just think it was a good night that took a turn for the worse, and after 20 years of working around the ups and downs of a very eccentric and passionate lead singer, the band is probably lacking in patience when they see anything less than his best. As a fan, I do feel that I got what I paid for - the energy for most of the night was fantastic, and when the band was together, their sound was spot on.

Here are some of the pictures I took; for a few more feel free to visit my photo set on flickr.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

SundayGirl

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
Hawk you should have downloaded it before it was taken down.  
 Here's the link when Scott says
"This is Piece of Pie..............ummmmm No Piece of Pie for youuuuuuuuu"
 Its a long encore break after the band walked out.

SG

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »
Quote from: "deadlystiletto"

These pictures are absolutely AMAZING.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2010, 01:04:22 AM »
Quote from: "deadlystiletto"

When I first saw these, I thought they were pro-shot photos!
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2010, 04:08:55 AM »
Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
just watched the dead and bloated video and you girls blew this way out of proportion. so he went to "i run through the world..." instead of "oh yeah and she says its.." big deal! i can see that happening.
we didn't blow it out of proportion..you didn't see the look on roberts face when he gave up stopped playing and walked off stage

I really really liked the show in chicago, but as a fan standpoint I still maintain Milwaukee was the most amazing show i have EVER seen from Scott..Outside  of whatever happened at the end if he was messed up or if it was a technical issue as far as i am concerned I felt like i was the only person in that room, like he was singing directly to me.  I have NEVER had that feeling in the 15 times I have seen him solo, VR or stp..even compared to chicago which was fantastic....
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

deadlystiletto

• Arrival
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/deadlystiletto
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:10 AM »
@andrew @blue,

thank you for the kind words about my photos! i was fortunate enough to be on the rail and the security boys spared me the grief about the "no camera" policy.  ::)
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.