September 20, 2024, 12:38:27 PM

Author Topic: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom  (Read 28364 times)

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »
Man, it was total rock and roll chaos tonight.  I felt like I was transported back to 1969 for a Doors concert or something, because Scott was in full Jim Morrison mode with his between song rants.  I thought the show was great up until D & B.  Then all hell broke loose.  They rebounded nicely when they played Trippin.  I thought the acoustics in the Eagles was fantastic from where I was standing.  I am worried for Scott, make no mistake about it, but I loved the chaos in a way.  It definitely made for an exciting night.  I know that sounds weird.  Scott was all over the stage for about 3/4 of the show.  I really think he's on painkillers for his broken heel, and that combined with the alcohol made for a rough night to say the least.  I don't know why everyone is saying it was a bad crowd.  They are into it all night and even at the end, after the chaos, they were going crazy and chanting STP.  Nobody around me seemed to care about the "issues".  I loved when Scott made the Cocksucker Blues reference at the very end too.  I picked up on that right away.  The night was very Cocksucker Blues-esque.

Had backstage passes and met Dean before.  All-around cool guy and he even gave my wife and I a hug.  Awesome experience.  Was it the best show I've seen from STP?  No, but it was by far the most memorable.

everylilwhore

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJQue8WBbFo

Hats off to Dean for the way he tried to salvage that.
They better get Scott some treatment soon.

My wife said the same thing seeing that and knowing his history. She works with people who are addicts, abuse drugs/alcohol every day and people with major mental illness and said that you cannot as an addict (there is no FORMER addict) drink and think you will be able to do it in moderation.

As Steven Tyler once said "Once an addict, always an addict." He even let those words come true.

Scott should not be allowed to consume alcohol; it just does not make sense to me, given his background and battles with other personal problems.

I hope he gets some help and they work this out.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2010, 06:35:40 PM »
Quote from: "bfoley4685"
Quote from: "CMCracker"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BuMXykbHQM
hickory dichotomy

For the record they were batting cameras out of peoples hands so it was really hard to get pics and vids where i was

I'm sorry but this song sounds horrible. It sounds like he simply talkes during the verses,and sord of a plain and annoying riff. Huckleberry crumble sounds ok,bagman sounds extremely poppy....what happened to the hard rock and grunge sound. If these are the 4 they chose to play live they must think there the best off the album which makes me a little weiry of how the rest if the album is gonna sound

STP isn't going to make another Core record. They've evolved as a band; it's as simple as that. They don't want to write songs that sound like "Plush". And for the record, they haven't made anything that sounded remotely grunge since Purple. If you have listened to STP through the years, you'd realize that every record sounds different. If you're expecting a No. 4 or Purple type record, don't get your hopes up. Lastly, just because they chose those 4 songs doesn't mean they're the best.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
hickory dichotomy

For the record they were batting cameras out of peoples hands so it was really hard to get pics and vids where i was

I'm sorry but this song sounds horrible. It sounds like he simply talkes during the verses,and sord of a plain and annoying riff. Huckleberry crumble sounds ok,bagman sounds extremely poppy....what happened to the hard rock and grunge sound. If these are the 4 they chose to play live they must think there the best off the album which makes me a little weiry of how the rest if the album is gonna sound

STP isn't going to make another Core record. They've evolved as a band; it's as simple as that. They don't want to write songs that sound like "Plush". And for the record, they haven't made anything that sounded remotely grunge since Purple. If you have listened to STP through the years, you'd realize that every record sounds different. If you're expecting a No. 4 or Purple type record, don't get your hopes up. Lastly, just because they chose those 4 songs doesn't mean they're the best.

Exactly!!! :)

With all d evolution from the first album  to SLDD, i just don't get y ppl keep expecting a back to Core kinda album.. Theyre one of the best examples for an evolving band and one dat keeps its fans Surprised all the way.

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
hickory dichotomy

I personally love Hickory Dichotomy. It's my favorite off of the new album that we've heard so far.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2010, 06:49:32 PM »
Love all 4 :)

Bagman solo's got me hooked :) Hickory Dichotomy and Huckleberry Crumble love thruout of wat ive heard.. Nice all round songs.. Between the Lines- been thru sooooooo many listens already, so second nature now  8)

All 4 having the STP trademark and catchy as hell  ;D  

Y is May so far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »
VC leaves the tour after TX, LA, OK, and MO and all of this happens???

That's it...I've got to quit my day job and just stay on tour with these guys...I'll need donations!

These guys have all experienced these types of "hiccups" before - I'm sure they will chalk up last night as below average performance from some - and come out tonight and blow the doors off!

Anyone see a vid for either Lounge Fly or Trippin' from last night?
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
Some of you have mentioned "an acoustic moment" what is that? You mean when Scott stood alone on stage, or they actually played an acoustic song?

As for the incident, well a band is like a marriage, they went to sleep angry, the breakfast will be like Cold War, but by evening they will find themselves doing naughty things in the kitchen (aka Chicago show)

He was not fatter LOL he looked good as always he was just standing weird in the picture. I forgot to mention waited out by busses up front and some security dud told us we could not be there and that stp busses were around back, so we ran around back to see their bus pull away I was sooo pissed lol.
Crowd may have been the worst I have ever seen too. It has been a while since I have came home bruised!
I am uploading vids to youtube. I can megaupload them if you want them...LMK after you see them!

Bruises and muscular pain are signed of a good rock show ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »
MAN! Some of the videos were "painful" to watch. I love the band and everything they've released throughout the years... But, I say it's possible that we're watching the self-destruction of Stone Temple Pilots on this forthcoming tour, the DeLeos did not look happy with this crap. HOPEFULLY, things will improve over the next several weeks, months... Soon, I guess.
-Bill_

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

As for the incident, well a band is like a marriage, they went to sleep angry, the breakfast will be like Cold War, but by evening they will find themselves doing naughty things in the kitchen (aka Chicago show)

Best. Analogy. Ever.

bfoley4685

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
hickory dichotomy

I understand what your saying and I don't expect another core. Also just because a band evolves doesn't mean it's for the best. I just love stp with there more uptempo harder rock songs. I mean that's the sound that got you to Like stp in the first place. Completely changing that is almost like becoming a different band (which I guess comes with age)... i just hope they have a couple harder songs on the album. Your vid and pretty decent sound quality and I'm just not digging the new ones other than between the lines. I'm going to the Detroit show can't Waite!

rgrewal12

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
I'm going to Chicago tonight.  What time did STP get on stage?  The usual 10:20 start?

Thanks!

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »
I was there last night and have to say IMO it was one of the best performances I've seen.  This was my 7th time seeing them and aside from the trainwreck at the end, Scott was in rare form.  He had his eyes open the whole time looking into the crowd.  Interacting with other guys like I've never seen before.  He did break his heel and should be in a cast and on crutches, not running around like a madman onstage.  So I would speculate the painkillers & booze had something to do with the end of the show.  Yeah, the guys were pissed but they've dealt with similar in the past and gotten through it.

BTW, Scott is NOT fat.  His shirt was baggy.  I blame the whole incident on the fact that he wasn't wearing the leopard belt....and on VC for not being there. :D

Dean did NOT throw his guitar either.  They started right around 9 last night.

one more thing, the crowd was the roughest I've been in.  I don't know if I'm getting old or what.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »
hickory dichotomy

Awesome videos. I've completely fallen in love with Hickory Dichotomy. I think you may have the best sounding version of it on the internet right now.

I think these videos show that Scott's fuckups weren't that big a deal, the rest of the show looks like it was fine.
Bleeda blooda

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »
wow.... D&B was altogether pretty bad... i think painfully embarrassing is probably a better description... that was even worse than when SW fell backwards into Kretz's drums during BE on the 2008 summer tour... of course let's not forget the other show, where SW forgot the verses during BE and tried to improvise... and failed....

here's a download link for the 2008 SW "chopped & screwed" remix of Big Empty:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6M3DG3VP

as i sit here and watch the infamous 1999 HOB performance in my living room and then cut away to see the 2010 Milwaukee footage, i find myself wishing that it was 1999 again and we all had not made the subsequent mistakes that we have... granted the learnings gleaned through the acts of committing a mistake give birth to developmental wisdom... but come on guy(s)... let's pull this together, whatever the issues may be...

i pray that whatever is going on is soon reconciled and they are able to pull things together expeditiously... preferably before Detroit (3/31).

regardless of the showmanship & performance issues, i unconditionally & wholeheartedly love these guys.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:46:33 PM by andrewivanhayes »