September 20, 2024, 12:34:34 PM

Author Topic: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom  (Read 28363 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: 2010-03-26 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »
Quote from: "Jeremy"
Well, that was STP kids! See you in, let's say.... five years?

Maybe that is a bit harsh, but let's face it, Rob and Dean looked and sounded pretty pissed off. We know the warning signs by now, and this just has trouble written all over it.

I guess we'll see how the next show goes. About all we can do.

~Jeremy~
Rob and Dean were pissed off at Scott a lot during the 2008 tour too and they kept trucking on.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »
Exactly my point; They just couldn't take it here (Were pissed and embarrassed), and they should all be fairly happy considering they have a new record coming out soon. That's an absolutely awful sign for the future.

~Jeremy~

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
Troubles in paradise? oh well..

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
The show was actually great until D & B.  Scott was all over the stage for the whole show, but it sure looked like the Deleos were pissed at the end.

Met Dean before the show.  Awesome guy.  He said they were filming the Chicago show tonight for a VH1 special.  I hope it goes well, or that could be in jeopardy too.  :(

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »
He was not fatter LOL he looked good as always he was just standing weird in the picture. I forgot to mention waited out by busses up front and some security dud told us we could not be there and that stp busses were around back, so we ran around back to see their bus pull away I was sooo pissed lol.
Crowd may have been the worst I have ever seen too. It has been a while since I have came home bruised!
I am uploading vids to youtube. I can megaupload them if you want them...LMK after you see them!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BuMXykbHQM
hickory dichotomy

For the record they were batting cameras out of peoples hands so it was really hard to get pics and vids where i was

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
This from another board I post at:

my brother and a few of our friends went to see them last night in Milwaukee and said it was an absolute train wreck.  They said that Weiland is absolutely and completely fucked.  He was singing words to songs...but the band was playing a different song.  and then he was shouting incoherent jibberish in between tunes.

i guess dean deleo threw his guitar on the ground and was apologetic to fans.  they played for a little over and hour...and it looked like things were cut WAY SHORT.

the encore was trippin on a hole....and weiland shouted...this song is about pizza, or some shit like that.  and then proceeded to completely fuck the song.....dean walked off the stage.   crowd was booing and yelling heroin comments.

so....if you're going tonight.....chicago should be interesting!
Take it.

lowlight10

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
I think people are jumping to way too many conclusions here. He fucked up a song, Other bands do it all the time. They laugh it off and move on. If Vedder doesnt screw up at least once its a rare show. so what?

I'm one of the people who bought the ridiculous $75 tix for tonight's show in Chicago, so I'm somewhat worried, but from the video, it just seems like he screwed up the song. move on.

nicks

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "lowlight10"
I think people are jumping to way too many conclusions here. He fucked up a song, Other bands do it all the time. They laugh it off and move on. If Vedder doesnt screw up at least once its a rare show. so what?

I'm one of the people who bought the ridiculous $75 tix for tonight's show in Chicago, so I'm somewhat worried, but from the video, it just seems like he screwed up the song. move on.

The problem wasn't that he fucked up a song....he fucked up a bunch of songs, but royally fucked up 2 songs.  It's not like their a new band or new songs he's fucking up - they're 20 years old and have been performed thousands of times.  I've seen STP/SW/VR 7 times total or so (forgetting the count) and this was the worst of the fuckups I've seen.  The band was embarrassed.  The D's and Kretz seem very appreciative of their fans and pride themselves on showmanship.  

Let us know how tonight goes - I really hope that this one isn't an omen...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
and then he was shouting incoherent jibberish in between tunes.

i guess dean deleo threw his guitar on the ground and was apologetic to fans.  they played for a little over and hour...and it looked like things were cut WAY SHORT.

the encore was trippin on a hole....and weiland shouted...this song is about pizza, or some shit like that.  and then proceeded to completely fuck the song.....dean walked off the stage.   crowd was booing and yelling heroin comments.

so....if you're going tonight.....chicago should be interesting!
No No no this is not accurate.  dean never threw his guitar down and when they walked off stage it was with their instruments. he did not say pizza he said they were gonna play piece of pie and then corrected himself and said they are gonna play trippin.  it was not cut short.. we only missed one song, piece of pie, other than that it was a GREAT show
the incoherent jibberish was not accurate at all I heard almost every word he said.  he was in a goofy mood and was joking around all night. the vibe was the best I have seen up untill the last 2 songs.

When Robert walked off stage, they were about to walk off stage anyways..and come back and play pie and tripping as encores. they just missed one song

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
I'm not a Scott Weiland apologist, not by any means, but I remember thinking when STP got back together that the Deleo brothers and Kretz all knew what they were getting when they decided to work with Scott again, and I hoped they were ready for it. As a fan, I knew I did. I avoided buying tickets to their first reunion tour because of Weiland's state at the time (as shown in several youtube videos), but I've come to realize that it will probably always be this way with STP, so I'll take my chances on them when they come back around on tour and I won't bitch afterwards if it sucked because I knew the risk of buying an STP ticket.
I remember Scott saying in an interview not too long ago that Dean couldn't even drink as a result of his addiction, but that he (Scott) could still drink. This was Scott's response in defense of Dean "challenging" Scott's sobriety. Seems to me that Scott can't drink either. He is still in the grips of addiction (anyone who's ever been in contact with former addicts knows that they can't go hang out in a bar and drink, if they do, they still have a problem in which they are in denial of. Only a fomer addict in denial would tell you otherwise). I might get blasted for saying all this, but understand that it's not an accusation against Scott nor is it a call for clemency, it's just a fan sadly realizing that this is the way it is going to be with Scott Weiland. Maybe one day it will be different, but I'm not holding my breath.
Karma schmarma.

fredisidle

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
Everyone can have their own opinion, but I am a little shocked that this was considered the best stp show ever by some.  When I saw them in Vegas in Jan 09 that was an amazing show and one would not even think the same band was playing in Milwaukee.  The stp experience with a sober Scott is simply out of this world.

Not to say this is armageddon or the end of stp, but in my opinion it was an awful show.  The venue was acoustically subpar, which only added to Scott’s problems, and the crowed was barely into stp.  Scott made bizarre comments between songs through the entire concert, similar to much of the 2008 tour.  At one point he said something about a bear and caterpillar, another time he mentioned stp is a rock and roll band which plays like punk, the rest of the time he was unintelligible.  Scott also had some fascination with maracas, which I don’t recall seeing in previous shows.  

I would need to look at video’s from last night’s show, but I believe parts of Vaseline, Plush, Sex Type Thing, Dead and Bloated, and Loungefly all had parts where Scott’s mic was turned down so the band could resync.  Not really a big deal, but this is my 9th show since 2008 and very different from the others.

bfoley4685

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2010, 06:05:37 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BuMXykbHQM
hickory dichotomy

For the record they were batting cameras out of peoples hands so it was really hard to get pics and vids where i was

I'm sorry but this song sounds horrible. It sounds like he simply talkes during the verses,and sord of a plain and annoying riff. Huckleberry crumble sounds ok,bagman sounds extremely poppy....what happened to the hard rock and grunge sound. If these are the 4 they chose to play live they must think there the best off the album which makes me a little weiry of how the rest if the album is gonna sound

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
Wat Ive noticed all this while listening to STP or even VR for dat matter, the songs they havent played live while albums were to b out have always been the best gems :) Just nowadays theyve begun to play Lounge Fly, Silvergun Superman.. those kind of songs :) with VR You Got No Right was played just a few times, its by far my favourite :) N another thing about STP, if u dont like a song now, It'll always end up growing on U :) An open mind n its all taken care of :) I remember watching the the video of them debuting Down n at that tiem wat they played live they didn manage to get it as close to the recorded version, but it was just the first time they'd played it :) Similarly as they keep playin the new songs they'll get as close to the recorded version as possible with improvisations at a later stage :)

Give em enough listens and im sure the new album will b amazing in its own way and the new songs they wont play live im sure will b the low profile gems like those from Purple or any other album for dat matter :)